NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

The Gaming Thread

Revraiser

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Mass effect soon lads !!
    Pain

Post by Pain on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:42 pm

P51 gaming party need to be prepared for ?
    Finch

Post by Finch on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Is Exiles Graphics as good as the promo pictures look?
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:05 am

Until Dawn downloading for me right now. I've always wanted to play it and now that it's $20 on the PSN seems like the perfect time to jump in!

Saw a couple vids on YouTube and the game looks creepy as fuck lol
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:07 am

Also I've finished the main story on Horizon: Zero Dawn. I really recommend this game if you like open world, resources gathering and crafting etc. Much like Rise of the Tomb Raider if anyone has played that  

Great game.
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:28 am

Spectre wrote:Also I've finished the main story on Horizon: Zero Dawn. I really recommend this game if you like open world, resources gathering and crafting etc. Much like Rise of the Tomb Raider if anyone has played that  

Great game.

How long did HZD take you?

I've played a few hours and only just got sent out into the world, so hoping it is pretty lengthy?
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 am

Revraiser wrote:Mass effect soon lads !!

I was pretty pumped but have seen some not so great reviews recently, think I'll hold off for a while and get Nier Automata instead
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:56 am

Mr Fernando wrote:

How long did HZD take you?

I've played a few hours and only just got sent out into the world, so hoping it is pretty lengthy?

Im not too sure I didn't keep track of the hours but it was a lengthy game. I suggest playing it on a harder difficulty (you can switch throughout the game), and don't just smash out the story, do plenty of side quests and errands and level Aloy up and gather heaps of resources. 
    Also craft your increased ammo and resource capacity early on.  

There's something else but I'm worried to tell you because I don't know how you would react without finding it on your own? Or if you already know about it?

Secret armour ?
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Not sure what I'm more excited about. Crash Bandicoot reboot on 30th June or the Gaming P51 party
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:20 pm

I've been playing Ghost Recon and absolutely loving it when I play with mates, however when I'm playing by myself it's not much fun. I think it's the bants about who to target and what strat to take and when hanging shit on someone when 4 of you are lining up 4 guys and one of them misses and the mission turns to a shit fight
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:I've been playing Ghost Recon and absolutely loving it when I play with mates, however when I'm playing by myself it's not much fun. I think it's the bants about who to target and what strat to take and when hanging shit on someone when 4 of you are lining up 4 guys and one of them misses and the mission turns to a shit fight

Funny that, you seem like a guy who would thoroughly enjoy playing with yourself
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:Mass effect soon lads !!

Haven't heard the greatest reviews so far. And I'm generally not into the whole sci-fi thing anyway
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:44 pm

Spectre wrote:

Funny that, you seem like a guy who would thoroughly enjoy playing with yourself

Great judge of character.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:28 am

@Mr Fernando
    @Spectre

Yeah im out, a few places i trust reviewed it and how it read = I'm out.

Hugely disappointing given the anticipation and expectations from the series.
    Revraiser

Post by Revraiser on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 am

No Worries wrote:Not sure what I'm more excited about. Crash Bandicoot reboot on 30th June or the Gaming P51 party

I'd imagine people have some killer gaming related GIF's.

Finch

Post by Finch on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:26 pm

leaguegod wrote:

4 more, charmanders are so rare for me, I'm seeing this one out

Haven't seen a larvitar myself

Got a few new ones today, up to 181

Have you got a Shiny Magikarp/Gyarados yet?

Shouldn't be too long until we see all the shinys in the game.
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:33 am

Where's my tech lads at on here? I have a question regarding routers? The one that I got given when I signed up for my internet contract upon moving back from China is simply not cutting the mustard so I'm looking for a new one.

Chasing some recommendations. I don't mind spending the dollars but want something that is gonna work well. Have about 8 devices connected in the house (2x phones, 2x smart tvs, xbox, 2 x tablets, lappy etc).

Am looking at a couple of diff D-Links, TP-Links and ASUS and the Netgear Nighthawk X6. Anyone got any ideas?
    Spectre

Post by Spectre on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Mearcats wrote:Where's my tech lads at on here? I have a question regarding routers? The one that I got given when I signed up for my internet contract upon moving back from China is simply not cutting the mustard so I'm looking for a new one.

Chasing some recommendations. I don't mind spending the dollars but want something that is gonna work well. Have about 8 devices connected in the house (2x phones, 2x smart tvs, xbox, 2 x tablets, lappy etc).

Am looking at a couple of diff D-Links, TP-Links and ASUS and the Netgear Nighthawk X6. Anyone got any ideas?

I haven't been keeping up to date with all the new router technology so I'm not too sure. I would recommend going in to JB Hi-Fi and just ask the guys that work in the tech area (they generally know their stuff). And just let them know how many devices you will be connecting and the range you're looking for and they'll start throwing them at you
    Finch

Post by Finch on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:21 pm

Mearcats wrote:Where's my tech lads at on here? I have a question regarding routers? The one that I got given when I signed up for my internet contract upon moving back from China is simply not cutting the mustard so I'm looking for a new one.

I cant help you directly, but you can watch Youtube reviews. Look up something like "Best Wireless Routers 2016" or something. Should be some heavy duty ones in there, something it sounds like you will be after.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 pm