NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

Honeysett
    Honeysett

The Gaming Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Honeysett Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:24 pm

It honestly annoys me, one of those things that shouldn't get to you but does
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Are you on Xbox HS?

If you get your hands on a ps4 I'll give you a run on Fifa

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:59 am

So i know I'm extremely late to the party, but i've been playing nba 2k16 thanks to psn offering it as a free game... they really should have split the story mode from the career mode, it's pretty jarring to be a weedy little pale white guy on the court, to a 7 foot built-like-a-brick-shithouse pale white guy who's twin sister and parents are clearly african-american in cutscenes.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:27 pm

I have just discovered TLOU, so far so good.

I've owned it for over a year, just never bothered to play it. Pretty sweet so far.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Finch wrote:I have just discovered TLOU, so far so good.

I've owned it for over a year, just never bothered to play it. Pretty sweet so far.

I got that game about a year ago, played a couple of hours and didn't touch it again for at least 6 months. One day decided to give it another crack and I eventually finished it.

One of the best games I've ever played
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:40 am

I have a PS4 first gaming console First one I've owned since a PS2 about 10 years ago. My game collection currently consists of Tearaway, Lego Batman and Disney Infinity (see a pattern). If a time poor dad actually gets to play without prying eyes when everyone's gone to bed. I don't want to be stuck at the same point for 6 months because I'm only playing once a month. But I also don't need something a little more challenging than lego. I use to play sports games for this reason, I could progress through a season slowly and every game is different. Are they still not too challenging ? What is something I can enjoy but is not overly difficult ?

Nominations please.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:00 am

Your Name wrote:I have a PS4 first gaming console First one I've owned since a PS2 about 10 years ago. My game collection currently consists of Tearaway, Lego Batman and Disney Infinity (see a pattern). If a time poor dad actually gets to play without prying eyes when everyone's gone to bed. I don't want to be stuck at the same point for 6 months because I'm only playing once a month. But I also don't need something a little more challenging than lego. I use to play sports games for this reason, I could progress through a season slowly and every game is different. Are they still not too challenging ? What is something I can enjoy but is not overly difficult ?

Nominations please.

Maybe the Uncharted series.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:21 am

Your Name wrote:I have a PS4 first gaming console First one I've owned since a PS2 about 10 years ago. My game collection currently consists of Tearaway, Lego Batman and Disney Infinity (see a pattern). If a time poor dad actually gets to play without prying eyes when everyone's gone to bed. I don't want to be stuck at the same point for 6 months because I'm only playing once a month. But I also don't need something a little more challenging than lego. I use to play sports games for this reason, I could progress through a season slowly and every game is different. Are they still not too challenging ? What is something I can enjoy but is not overly difficult ?

Nominations please.

Regarding sports games, I would look at Fifa, Madden, and NBA. The big 3 sports games probably provide the most variety in regards to sports games. Also you could look at UFC 2 which is a solid fighting game, and there is certainly different styles of opponents to mix it up with. (The Career Mode isn't too bad.) Although it should be noted that the general game is a bit more finicky or indepth than the other games. Then you have the NRL, Cricket, NHL games which are solid. I feel it doesn't take long in those games before it feels much of the same though. So unless you really like the niche, I would avoid those. (This being an NRL forum though, I think you would like the NRL niche.) Also for the most parts the sports games can be adjusted to fit what you enjoy so that isn't much of an issue. (Side note: If you have Playstation Plus I believe NBA 2k16 is still free.)

Outside of sports games, The Last of Us as already mentioned has an amazing story. Uncharted series has insane hype (I haven't played it so can't confirm.) Rachet and Clank, colourful enough for the kids, sense of nostalgia (If you played earlier games) and decent story to follow. Fallout 4 is of course a massive campaign you can sink an endless amount of hours in.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:46 pm

I just bought an Xbone Thursday fuck these forced updates...........
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:31 pm

For sport games I would highly recommend Fifa, nba2k16 and MLB the show.

Last of us, uncharted series and metal gear solid are all great games with awesome stories and campaign missions
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I just bought an Xbone Thursday fuck these forced updates...........

You should have purchased a PS4.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:49 am

Guys. Nobody has mentioned the NRL games for sports games? It's not perfect, but it givevs you the extra footy fix if that's what you are after. Plus helps support the creators so we will get future games.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:43 am

Finch wrote:Guys. Nobody has mentioned the NRL games for sports games? It's not perfect, but it givevs you the extra footy fix if that's what you are after. Plus helps support the creators so we will get future games.
    I did, I just feel it becomes too much of the same as you play.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I just bought an Xbone Thursday fuck these forced updates...........
    You mean fuck the person who forced you to buy an Xbox Razz
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Random wrote:

Regarding sports games, I would look at Fifa, Madden, and NBA. The big 3 sports games probably provide the most variety in regards to sports games. Also you could look at UFC 2 which is a solid fighting game, and there is certainly different styles of opponents to mix it up with. (The Career Mode isn't too bad.) Although it should be noted that the general game is a bit more finicky or indepth than the other games. Then you have the NRL, Cricket, NHL games which are solid. I feel it doesn't take long in those games before it feels much of the same though. So unless you really like the niche, I would avoid those. (This being an NRL forum though, I think you would like the NRL niche.) Also for the most parts the sports games can be adjusted to fit what you enjoy so that isn't much of an issue. (Side note: If you have Playstation Plus I believe NBA 2k16 is still free.)

Outside of sports games, The Last of Us as already mentioned has an amazing story. Uncharted series has insane hype (I haven't played it so can't confirm.) Rachet and Clank, colourful enough for the kids, sense of nostalgia (If you played earlier games) and decent story to follow. Fallout 4 is of course a massive campaign you can sink an endless amount of hours in.

If you go for the Madden avenue for a sports game, just buy last seasons game. Nothing changes year to year worth an extra $100 - its just a roster update with a new coat of paint.

I loved the Far Cry games, FC4 and Last of Us have been the only games ive gone back and played twice on the PS4, just to make sure I found/killed everything. Watch_Dogs was fun aswell and the sequel looks cool. If you're into superheroes, the Batman Arkham series are a must have.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:28 pm

ryno_ wrote:
    Random wrote:

If you go for the Madden avenue for a sports game, just buy last seasons game. Nothing changes year to year worth an extra $100 - its just a roster update with a new coat of paint.

I loved the Far Cry games, FC4 and Last of Us have been the only games ive gone back and played twice on the PS4, just to make sure I found/killed everything. Watch_Dogs was fun aswell and the sequel looks cool. If you're into superheroes, the Batman Arkham series are a must have.

Regarding Madden, Fifa and NBA. This is completely true, although Madden 16 has some extra controls for passing/receiving which I think are awesome additions.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Pokemon Go anyone?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:02 pm

Thought the Tigers cubs would put up a fight, but thought H2H they wouldn't quite make it. So Dogs 1-12 was the result.
    Despite winning last time - rule number 1. Don't bet on Tigers games Sad

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Your Name wrote:Thought the Tigers cubs would put up a fight, but thought H2H they wouldn't quite make it. So Dogs 1-12 was the result.
    Despite winning last time - rule number 1. Don't bet on Tigers games Sad
    Wrong thread bro lol!

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:10 am

Finch wrote:Pokemon Go anyone?
    So you enjoy hanging out in parks with kids?

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:56 am