NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The Gaming Thread

    Share
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4970
    Reputation : 1453
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 am


    When I do the house husband thing, I have the kids to look after. They don't appreciate being left to fend for themselves while daddy plays XBox.

    Mostly been playing PES when I get XBox time. Using Liverpool in a master league season.was slow to get going and got pumped in my first few games, but getting the hang of it now.
    Only played about an hour or so of fallout, but might spend am bit more time on it later.

    Cast came off the calf today, now in the moon boot for the next couple months
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 952
    Reputation : 111
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:17 am

    RLL3 is very far from the best sports game ever, but credit where credit is due, their career mode progression is the most realistic I've seen.

    Thanks to Madden & NBA 2k, I'm used to pretty much walking straight into significant roles with a team no matter who's is ahead of me, but in RLL3, my player signed a deal with the Broncos out of the u/20's side, who already have 2 hookers higher rated than him. Given the quality of the rest of the game, I expected he'd end up senselessly shunting the much higher rated Macca to the bench & also much higher rated KNik out of the line-up, just because the game would want me playing games for the Broncos, but to my surprise, true to life, my player is currently plying his trade for the Jets in the QLD cup until he gets his shot at first grade.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:25 am

    @surmo13 wrote:RLL3 is very far from the best sports game ever, but credit where credit is due, their career mode progression is the most realistic I've seen.

    Thanks to Madden & NBA 2k, I'm used to pretty much walking straight into significant roles with a team no matter who's is ahead of me, but in RLL3, my player signed a deal with the Broncos out of the u/20's side, who already have 2 hookers higher rated than him. Given the quality of the rest of the game, I expected he'd end up senselessly shunting the much higher rated Macca to the bench & also much higher rated KNik out of the line-up, just because the game would want me playing games for the Broncos, but to my surprise, true to life, my player is currently plying his trade for the Jets in the QLD cup until he gets his shot at first grade.

    That's pretty excellent, the best career I've played is NBA2K16. Starting with street ball is just brilliant.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 952
    Reputation : 111
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:03 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    That's pretty excellent, the best career I've played is NBA2K16. Starting with street ball is just brilliant.

    that sounds cool, I know next to nothing about Basketball & only played NBA 2k14 because after playing umpteen Maddens I was jonesing for a sports game where there was an actual story to the career mode beyond the "sim to next game" button. The RPG dialogue elements in that were pretty cool, but even in that game, within 10 matches of my rookie's career starting he was significantly cutting into the minutes of the highest rated player on the whole team, which irked me.

    Now if only RLL3 could nail the realism of rugby league itself, I doubt we will ever see the day the NYC player of the year scores 113 tries in 1 season & that's on legend difficulty.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:06 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    that sounds cool, I know next to nothing about Basketball & only played NBA 2k14 because after playing umpteen Maddens I was jonesing for a sports game where there was an actual story to the career mode beyond the "sim to next game" button. The RPG dialogue elements in that were pretty cool, but even in that game, within 10 matches of my rookie's career starting he was significantly cutting into the minutes of the highest rated player on the whole team, which irked me.

    Now if only RLL3 could nail the realism of rugby league itself, I doubt we will ever see the day the NYC player of the year scores 113 tries in 1 season & that's on legend difficulty.

    Yeah it's pretty sweet you go all the way from an absolute nobody to super stardom. It's really well done.

    RLL3 is fun for a bit of a giggle but not much else for me. I find the 9s quite fun to play though. It's a matter of who can fuck up the least.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2598
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:49 pm

    Anyone bought The Division yet ?
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4735
    Reputation : 593
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Random on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:31 pm

    I haven't I heard it is similar to Destiny but tries to make it more modern/realistic which isn't for me. Also haven't got my hands on FC: Primal yet. (No job Sad ) but again not after it too much yet as it seems like a reskin of Far Cry 3/4 for the most part.

    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2598
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:56 pm

    @Random wrote:I haven't I heard it is similar to Destiny but tries to make it more modern/realistic which isn't for me. Also haven't got my hands on FC: Primal yet. (No job Sad ) but again not after it too much yet as it seems like a reskin of Far Cry 3/4 for the most part.



    Yeah i heard the same, the hype is huge in it but some early reviews are hesitant, with some places doing 'in progress' reviews.

    Picked up Far Cry Primal but havent actually fired it up, silly. I'll let you know Wink

    Do not have the time these days, like Milchow said... am in the middle of Fallout 4 though, huge game .
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:20 pm

    I've clocked Far Cry: Primal. It's the same sort of game as the others but that's not always a bad thing. At no stage did I feel I was playing a boring game, there's some really cool features that the game does well.

    You can tell it's the same sort of game when the crocodiles and bitefish are exactly the same as the last few games. You'd think they would have evolved since 10,000bc but they stay the same apparently.

    The Division I'll be picking up tomorrow and will give it a try, I didn't care much for the beta so well when how it runs.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8311
    Reputation : 1250
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Welshy on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:24 pm

    anyone got South Park: The stick of truth?

    absolutely fucking brilliant game
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9095
    Reputation : 1568
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 am

    @Welshy wrote:anyone got South Park: The stick of truth?

    absolutely fucking brilliant game

    Haha, yeah. Got a fair way in but I got a corrupted save for whatever reason and when I went back to reload it was literally hours and hours lost so never went back to it. Thoroughly enjoyed it up till then.

    @Revraiser , I was about Level 65 on Fallout4 and absolutely loving it (Fallout 3 and SkyRim are my favourite ever games). I haven't played for over a month now but, just overdosed. I've got a week off in April all to myself at home with nothing planned so looking at finishing the main quest then. Brilliant game.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 am

    I didn't enjoy Fallout 4 as much as I thought I would. Just too much of the same thing for me but I'd never played any of the others so I didn't have the emotional attachment.

    I'm going to buy a few cheaper games over the next month while I have a ln alcohol free April. Minus a wedding I've got to go to.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8311
    Reputation : 1250
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Welshy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 am

    @SI wrote:

    Haha, yeah.  Got a fair way in but I got a corrupted save for whatever reason and when I went back to reload it was literally hours and hours lost so never went back to it.  Thoroughly enjoyed it up till then.

    @Revraiser , I was about Level 65 on Fallout4 and absolutely loving it (Fallout 3 and SkyRim are my favourite ever games).  I haven't played for over a month now but, just overdosed.  I've got a week off in April all to myself at home with nothing planned so looking at finishing the main quest then.  Brilliant game.

    My brother got it for my boy for xmas as a joke present to piss off my missis! Completed it after probably 2 weeks with a few hours here and there, brilliant game for any fans of the show i thought it was so on point and had so many nuances, thoroughly enjoyed it
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9095
    Reputation : 1568
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by SI on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    @SI wrote:

    Haha, yeah.  Got a fair way in but I got a corrupted save for whatever reason and when I went back to reload it was literally hours and hours lost so never went back to it.  Thoroughly enjoyed it up till then.

    @Revraiser , I was about Level 65 on Fallout4 and absolutely loving it (Fallout 3 and SkyRim are my favourite ever games).  I haven't played for over a month now but, just overdosed.  I've got a week off in April all to myself at home with nothing planned so looking at finishing the main quest then.  Brilliant game.

    My brother got it for my boy for xmas as a joke present to piss off my missis! Completed it after probably 2 weeks with a few hours here and there, brilliant game for any fans of the show i thought it was so on point and had so many nuances, thoroughly enjoyed it

    Not sure if true, but apparently there is a sequel.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2598
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:56 am

    @Honeysett - Tell us the cheap/older games you opt for
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:@Honeysett - Tell us the cheap/older games you opt for

    I ended up getting the Division. $68 I couldnt say no.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2598
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:56 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    I ended up getting the Division. $68 I couldnt say no.

    How has it turned out mate ? A must have ?

    I've heard it is a little disappointing
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4748
    Reputation : 1345
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:30 pm

    @Revraiser wrote:

    How has it turned out mate ? A must have ?

    I've heard it is a little disappointing

    If you're going to squad up with mates it's a must have, otherwise it's passable. I'm loving it because we talk tactically on the mic about who to take out. I like games that are game and require several attempts to do it, it's like that for the first part but it's getting easier which makes it lose some of its appeal long term.
    avatar
    Finch

    Posts : 2943
    Reputation : 372
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Finch on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:49 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    If you're going to squad up with mates it's a must have, otherwise it's passable. I'm loving it because we talk tactically on the mic about who to take out. I like games that are game and require several attempts to do it, it's like that for the first part but it's getting easier which makes it lose some of its appeal long term.

    I agree with the bold statement in general in life as well as gaming. I hate it when games have micro transactions (Which is quite a few in this day + age) where you see people with the end game gear. For me personally its just like general life, I'd rather work hard and spend hours working towards something rather than having it just given to me. I mean its peoples own money and if they want to buy it thats cool, but really once you get the "End game gear" its like hmm ok nothing to do now.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2598
    Reputation : 428
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The Gaming Thread

    Post by Revraiser on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 am

    @Finch wrote:

    I agree with the bold statement in general in life as well as gaming. I hate it when games have micro transactions (Which is quite a few in this day + age) where you see people with the end game gear. For me personally its just like general life, I'd rather work hard and spend hours working towards something rather than having it just given to me. I mean its peoples own money and if they want to buy it thats cool, but really once you get the "End game gear" its like hmm ok nothing to do now.

    Admirable outlook mate, WD. Love it.

      Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:40 pm