NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

RandomSil
    RandomSil

The Gaming Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by RandomSil Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:02 am

Welshy87 wrote:
    Beast From The Big East wrote:

tielemans

Got him last night lad, just stated my Newcastle career

Tielemans, Ceballos, Reidewalde and Sule

Hachim Mastour is a great CAM. Kelechi Iheanacho can be a real solid pick for ST. Leon Bailey has great pace and good crossing ability.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am

I stopped gaming at river raid
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 am

RandomSil wrote:

Hachim Mastour is a great CAM. Kelechi Iheanacho can be a real solid pick for ST. Leon Bailey has great pace and good crossing ability.

cheers lad, will take a gander later
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Pain wrote:I stopped gaming at river raid
    Probably a good time to get out; gaming has gone nowhere since then.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Do you play with yourself or online with others ?
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Your Name wrote:Do you play with yourself or online with others ?

Depends what I'm doing.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:59 am

Fallout 4 is everything I hoped it would be  Fap .  70 hours in and I can see it being bigger than Skyrim.  Which I ended up putting 180 hours into and didn't actually finish.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Stupid question time.

I'm about to get myself an X-box to play a bit of PES 2016 whilst I recover from my Achilles surgery.

A bundle with fall-out 4 is nicely priced. I don't normally play games like that though so I'm wondering
    a) Once I've bought the game do I have to pay any extra money to play it?
    b) Does it work Ok as a single player game or do I need to go online to play against others. I'm not really an online gamer and don't really have massive time to dedicate to it, so just wondering if its OK to just sit in my room and play badly by myself

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:12 pm

Good luck with the op Milchcow. Shame it isnt Fantasy season otherwise you could dedicate some serious time to that.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:19 pm

I am not really an online gamer either, although starting to get into it with the xboxone.

No, you will not have to pay anymore money.  

The game was a half gig update on release (probably a bit more now) but that is actually small to average for updates.

No, it is literally not online at all.  You will be playing from the disc ala old school.  There will be some DLC's coming, but that is pretty much always optional.

If you get into Fallout 4 then be prepared for it to become a mild addiction.  I saw this deal this morning and it is deadset the best I have seen; it also means you get a Shooter as well (Battlefield) if you can't get into Fallout:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/games/Bundles/xbox-one-hot-offer-1/

Unfortunately it's online only so willl have to wait for delivery I think, but:

1 TB console;
    Fallout 4;
    Battlefield; 
    The Witcher 3; 
    Fallout 3 download.

$499 + $12 freight.

That is a very sweet deal.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Does look like a good deal, but unfortunately they don't offer express delivery, and I want it ASAP as its a bit of an impulse purchase for my recovery time.

After the next few weeks its not going to get a lot of playtime, so extra games aren't really that beneficial for me.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Does look like a good deal, but unfortunately they don't offer express delivery, and I want it ASAP as its a bit of an impulse purchase for my recovery time.

After the next few weeks its not going to get a lot of playtime, so extra games aren't really that beneficial for me.

Lol  It will if you get fully into Fallout mate.  

And just so you know, Fallout 4 is a stand alone game from the others.  Although the mechanics and settings are very similar, you are not missing anything by not playing the previous ones.  You won't get a lot of instruction though so I would suggest the Wiki Fallout Portal-it is a comprehensive guide.  Or ask on here  Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Nothing to do with desire/how good the game is.

Once I'm recovered and back to work, I've only got about 2 hours a day of free time to myself where game playing is an option (maybe a bit more if the kids go to bed early and/or I don't mind mising out on my own sleep) . That time also includes any TV I want to watch, fantasy football planning, and the trivial detail of actually interacting with my wife.

Weekends I'm generally doing stuff with the kids, so locking myslef in a room all day to play computer games is heavily frowned upon

Some of the time that used to be taken up by actually playing sport is about to free itself up at least.

and lastly, if O do find mself with enough time to spend a few hours a week on the X-box - its going to be with FIFA/PES first, before Fallout.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Once I'm recovered and back to work, I've only got about 2 hours a day of free time to myself where game playing is an option (maybe a bit more if the kids go to bed early and/or I don't mind mising out on my own sleep) . That time also includes any TV I want to watch, fantasy football planning, and the trivial detail of actually interacting with my wife.

Weekends I'm generally doing stuff with the kids, so locking myslef in a room all day to play computer games is heavily frowned upon

Some of the time that used to be taken up by actually playing sport is about to free itself up at least.

and lastly, if O do find mself with enough time to spend a few hours a week on the X-box - its going to be with FIFA/PES first, before Fallout.

Well if you get into Fifa and are any good HMU and we'll play a few games.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:52 pm

I have to say I have devoted far too much time into Fallout already. I am on my second play through (I am on like the last main story mission on the first.) I just love messing with builds.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Can't believe no one has jumped on the fact that the cow "plays badly with himself".

That's udderly ridiculous.

Someone needs to stand up and show him how it's done.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Your Name wrote:Can't believe no one has jumped on the fact that the cow "plays badly with himself".

That's udderly ridiculous.

Someone needs to stand up and show him how it's done.

Well the biggest wanker on this forum has been banned for a while and wont be back for a couple of weeks
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Random wrote:I have to say I have devoted far too much time into Fallout already. I am on my second play through (I am on like the last main story mission on the first.) I just love messing with builds.

So when you told me you had Placement coming up I assumed Hospital Placement.  You meant placing your arse on the couch with a catheter and a drip and not moving for a fortnight?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 am

SI wrote:
    Random wrote:I have to say I have devoted far too much time into Fallout already. I am on my second play through (I am on like the last main story mission on the first.) I just love messing with builds.

So when you told me you had Placement coming up I assumed Hospital Placement.  You meant placing your arse on the couch with a catheter and a drip and not moving for a fortnight?

Between Fallout and actual placement I have probably slept a total of 7 hours the last 3 weeks.

On a side note Just Cause 3 will be out in December.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 am

Milchcow wrote:

Don't you do the whole house husband thing sometimes?  Like a couple of months off solid?

How is the calf going anyway?  And more importantly, how is the xbox  Very Happy ?

EDIT: can't believe I made a cow joke without realising  Lol

The achilles being the attachment into the calcaneus for the calf muscle.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am