NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Gaming Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by standard-issue Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 am

ryno_ wrote:With all the FarCry love in here, what do we think of the new installment?

The game is set in 10,000 BC, in the Stone Age, a time where humans began to use stones to create tools for their daily life, where survival is a daily challenge as tribes come into conflict with one another and nature.[1] Players take on the role of a hunter named Takkar (Elias Toufexis),[2] who is stranded in Oros—a valley that was once covered in ice—with no weapons or resources after his hunting party is ambushed.[3] Takkar will eventually rise to power, and lead his own tribe.[4]

No firearms or vehicles could make things um... interesting. Good thing my favourite weapon was the hunting bow.

Was having a look yesterday. Skyrim is my favourite ever game and I never thought that would happen with a bow as your primary long range weapon. You would think if they put quite a few more upgrades/skills as per Skyrim then it would keep you interested.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:17 am

SI wrote:

Was having a look yesterday.  Skyrim is my favourite ever game and I never thought that would happen with a bow as your primary long range weapon.  You would think if they put quite a few more upgrades/skills as per Skyrim then it would keep you interested.

The thing about having a nighttime and relying on fire sounds good. Im intrigued as to what they can do to though - aside from firearms, vehicles and grenades, things like houses didnt exist then. No guns and lots of caves might get old pretty quick.

And theyd better have a map of some kind - i hate games that dont have maps.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:22 am

ryno_ wrote:
    SI wrote:

Was having a look yesterday.  Skyrim is my favourite ever game and I never thought that would happen with a bow as your primary long range weapon.  You would think if they put quite a few more upgrades/skills as per Skyrim then it would keep you interested.

The thing about having a nighttime and relying on fire sounds good. Im intrigued as to what they can do to though - aside from firearms, vehicles and grenades, things like houses didnt exist then. No guns and lots of caves might get old pretty quick.

And theyd better have a map of some kind - i hate games that dont have maps.

Haha, yeah me too. Can see them doing the whole map that is carved into stone thing to make it realistic-ish.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:53 am

SI wrote:

Haha, yeah me too.  Can see them doing the whole map that is carved into stone thing to make it realistic-ish.

I can see a lot of drug sequences coming into it, potentially dinosaurs? maybe?

Where would people like to see them go?
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 am

Honeysett wrote:I smash out Fifa nearly daily - dominate as well.

Lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:14 am

Honeysett wrote:
    SI wrote:

Haha, yeah me too.  Can see them doing the whole map that is carved into stone thing to make it realistic-ish.

I can see a lot of drug sequences coming into it, potentially dinosaurs? maybe?

Where would people like to see them go?

Looks more like Mammoth/Sabre tooth times but dinosaurs would be very cool.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 am

I just saw the new Far Cry Trailer. No English, it would be interesting to see if they stick with that throughout the entire game. Similar to the Apocolypto Movie... God that was a good movie.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:57 pm

HTC Vive looks insane.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:10 pm

just finished the last episode of the Life is Strange series, not the most well written game I've ever played through (some of the teen-speak-as-written-by-an-adult-male can get really cringy) , but it's still one of the more powerful & engaging stories I've experienced, I've played a few of the telltale-style games & none have made me agonise over decisions like Life is Strange did.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Halo5 is $68 at Target at the moment. Just waiting for it to install Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Haven't had a console sine PS2. Son is now of an age where I should get him one.

What should I get and why ?

Post by Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Your Name wrote:Haven't had a console sine PS2. Son is now of an age where I should get him one.

Start him off with an Atari / Gameboy / PS1. He has to know where gaming began for most of us.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:47 pm

Your Name wrote:Haven't had a console sine PS2. Son is now of an age where I should get him one.

Probably comes down to what console specific games he is interested in.  There used to be heaps of 1 console only games, but nowadays the majority of top games are on all.  I have an xboxone but PS4 does seem to be the better console all around, including the console exclusive games.  

I know who you work for but you have decent monthly downloads don't you?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:52 pm

SI wrote:

my phone is 20 gig a month
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Your Name wrote:
    SI wrote:

my phone is 20 gig a month
    Shocked

What games are you (your son) going to be playing?  The whole download usage is highly variable depending on whther you are playing online or single player, and what games they are.  Sometimes you get the nice little surprises as well, like I did yesterday when I threw Halo5 in.  It needed a 9 gig update straight out of the box   Crying or Very sad
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:53 pm

You should invest in a PC... But beyond that then invest in a PS4.

How old is your son and what games are of interest?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Holy shit I forgot what a terrible terrible game rugby league live two is. Geroge Rose just out ran Ben Barba for a 100m run away try.. The realism is amazing I will not be buying the new game
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Holy shit I forgot what a terrible terrible game rugby league live two is. Geroge Rose just out ran Ben Barba for a 100m run away try.. The realism is amazing I will not be buying the new game

Nothing funnier than Snowden on the wing out running Morris but have Hornby catch him. Was insane. Many a laugh with a Dragons mate.

Used to grubber into the legs and pick it straight up to get a second set
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:06 pm

been happily playing my 360 for a few too many years to get an upgrade to the xbox one....

but with xmas coming up and my boy playing the 360 more and more and eating into my escape the missis time, I decided to take the plunge and purchase an xbox one last night

decent deal as well by the looks £299 for 500GB console, Fifa 16 and COD Black Ops 3 equates to about $644 worth of your Australian Dollars

how does that compare to you guys over there?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Welshy87 wrote:been happily playing my 360 for a few too many years to get an upgrade to the xbox one....

but with xmas coming up and my boy playing the 360 more and more and eating into my escape the missis time, I decided to take the plunge and purchase an xbox one last night

decent deal as well by the looks £299 for 500GB console, Fifa 16 and COD Black Ops 3 equates to about $644 worth of your Australian Dollars

how does that compare to you guys over there?

Xbox One 500GB Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Dance Central Spotlight with Kinect $449

Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Bundle, featuring a 1TB custom Halo 5 console and controller, a full game download of Halo 5: Guardians $599

Most of our deals are for the 1TB console

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 pm