NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Gaming Thread

The Gaming Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Anyone know the time limit in between being able to collect at pokestops?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Bren wrote:Anyone know the time limit in between being able to collect at pokestops?

5 minutes.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:23 pm

I curse at the person in the dev team who decided to make curveballs a thing, ran a across a 925cp Clefable, threw a berry and wasted 20 great balls because no matter how straight i tried to throw it, they'd just fly off the right side of the screen, finally managed to hit him once and then he broke out and pissed off, i'm gunna be salty about that one for a while.

I'm well jealous of all the people able to catch pokemon in their house, even though i have a pokestop down the end of the street, and a gym across the road on the street behind me, I've never seen any pokemon closer than 2 footprints when i'm at home.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:28 pm

surmo13 wrote:I curse at the person in the dev team who decided to make curveballs a thing, ran a across a 925cp Clefable, threw a berry and wasted 20 great balls because no matter how straight i tried to throw it, they'd just fly off the right side of the screen, finally managed to hit him once and then he broke out and pissed off, i'm gunna be salty about that one for a while.

I'm well jealous of all the people able to catch pokemon in their house, even though i have a pokestop down the end of the street, and a gym across the road on the street behind me, I've never seen any pokemon closer than 2 footprints when i'm at home.

Try closing and re opening the app. Sometimes I do that and something appears when I'm at home. You could also try ue an incense while sitting at home.

With the berries, your ball will curve after you have used the berry.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Finch wrote:

Try closing and re opening the app. Sometimes I do that and something appears when I'm at home. You could also try ue an incense while sitting at home.

With the berries, your ball will curve after you have used the berry.

yeh, i already do that, no dice Sad did use an incense once and they popped then, but i've heard incense works better when you are moving around, so i save them for when i'm going walkabout.

really? That seems really silly, it supposed to make them easier to catch, not harder, i just rather they did away with it altogether, or at least make it so the ONLY way you can throw a curveball is to do that spinny stuff before you throw it.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Bloke at my local gym is smug as fuck. Cant wait to smash him.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:51 pm

surmo13 wrote:

yeh, i already do that, no dice Sad did use an incense once and they popped then, but i've heard incense works better when you are moving around, so i save them for when i'm going walkabout.

really? That seems really silly, it supposed to make them easier to catch, not harder, i just rather they did away with it altogether, or at least make it so the ONLY way you can throw a curveball is to do that spinny stuff before you throw it.

A 711 Venemoth spawned at my place about 5 minutes ago. I throw one Great ball and then it ran Sad

Yeah I think so, I might be wrong regarding the whole berry thing though...
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Bren wrote:Bloke at my local gym is smug as fuck. Cant wait to smash him.

Haha was he trash talking?

I wonder if Suncorp stadium is a PokeStop or even a Gym?

Edit: Ok there are 3 Gyms near by. Should be some PokeStops along the way I'd say.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Why cant a Golbat be evolved? I have 56 Zubat candy, should I evolve my Zubat?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Bren wrote:Why cant a Golbat be evolved? I have 56 Zubat candy, should I evolve my Zubat?

Golbat is the final Evolution of Zubat. Some Pokemon don't evolve at all, some have 1 evolution (Eg Zubat - Golbat,) some have 2 (Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard (AKA The King)

Evolve your highest CP Zubat if you want (Dont do too many though because its a waste without the lucky egg).

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Takes 50 candy to evolve a zubat? Is that right? Seems an awful lot.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Bren wrote:Takes 50 candy to evolve a zubat? Is that right? Seems an awful lot.

Yeah its shit loads. But think how common Zubats are though. I nearly have 300 Zubat Candy and that's from already evolving quite a few and transferring tons more.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:15 pm

BTW at the end of every night we should all post up our teams so we can compare and check out our progress Smile

Somebody should make a NRL Fans Pokemon Go Facebook page haha

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Now I have two Golbat so I just transfer one?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Bren wrote:Now I have two Golbat so I just transfer one?

What CP are they both?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Both 250 Finchy
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Bren wrote:Both 250 Finchy

Yeah might as well, unless you need them both to take over gyms Smile

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Nah I think I might leave the gym thing for a while. Once again thanks for all your help Finch. Much appreciated.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:05 pm

Just caught my first Dratini ever. Oooh yeah. Also Cubone must work for Australia post as Ive caught a few at the letter boxes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Finch wrote:[

Basically this. If you lose, or win for that matter, you have to use revives + potions to heal everyone back up. When the Gym prestige is high and you are trying to take it down, it can take several revives and potions to take it over. Did you know you can double team up on a Gym? Bring a friend who is in the same team as you and you can both battle it at the same time, I think...

You need to hold Gyms to get the Pokecoins (Unless you want to pay real world money which im not). Every 21 hours you get 1000 stardust and 10 Pokecoins for each gym you are apart of. If you want to try it out, find a gym that has your own team, drop a pokemon off there, go into shop and in the top right you will see a shield, tap and you will get 1k stardust and 10 Pokecoins.

Same goes for you Filth, drop a Pokemon off at the same team gym as you, claim the tokens so you can see how it works. You don't have to be the leader to claim the coins, just apart of it.

So going to touch on some things here.

- You can battle gyms at the same time, but I found alternating was more effective and avoided glitching out. (1 person battles while the other heals up.)
    - When you first claim a gym you receive 1k Stardust and 10 Pokecoins. (This then goes on cooldown for 21 hours.)
    - If you manage to capture and hold more gyms when the cooldown ends. Then you get multiple rewards ( x times 1000 Stardust and 10 Pokecoins) So the best option is to see when your cooldown comes off. Then an hour or two before it is about to come off go around to multiple gyms and try and take them all over. Preferably gyms not heavily contested.)
    - When facing a gym you don't have to defeat all the pokemon at the gym to help lower its level (Prestige) Though you do have to defeat at least one pokemon.

Also cheers for the B'Day wishes guys.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 pm