NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL 2017 - Page 13 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by ryno_ Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Fitz has been the definition of mediocre mostly for the entirity of his career mate, backup...plays half decent for a stretch then gets dumped

How about Joey Bosa??? wowsers wasn't expecting this type of impact early?

who you got this week fella @ryno_

don't think we can do the double over you, I'm going to say Donkeys 27 Chargers 16

Fitz has 5 seasons with a QBR of above 80 and 3 above 87. TD:INT of 51:23 last 2 seasons (18 starts). Thats better then backup.

Broncos will take the Chargers in a trot... cant see them losing a penalty count 103yds + safety to 20yds at home. Chargers WRs (whats left of them) are a bit banged up aswell, WR1&2 both had a veterans rest day today. Siemian played really well last week, was very fluid. See a Texans fan started a Kickstarter campaign to buy Osweilers contract out?

Chargers will make it harder for our defence then Houston did (that fumble! :lol:) but I think we'll still the chocolates. Should be a good match tho. Hope Demarcus Ware has a good game back.

Few cracker games this week though - GB/ATL, SEA/NOLA, PHI/DAL. Also have a feeling CIN/WAS could be a belter.

How long you reckon until Staley or Joe Thomas request a trade? Both of those guys deserve a trip to playoffs but are stuck playing for 1st draft pick.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:29 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Fitz has 5 seasons with a QBR of above 80 and 3 above 87. TD:INT of 51:23 last 2 seasons (18 starts). Thats better then backup.

Broncos will take the Chargers in a trot... cant see them losing a penalty count 103yds + safety to 20yds at home. Chargers WRs (whats left of them) are a bit banged up aswell, WR1&2 both had a veterans rest day today. Siemian played really well last week, was very fluid. See a Texans fan started a Kickstarter campaign to buy Osweilers contract out?

Chargers will make it harder for our defence then Houston did (that fumble! Laughing) but I think we'll still the chocolates. Should be a good match tho. Hope Demarcus Ware has a good game back.

Few cracker games this week though - GB/ATL, SEA/NOLA, PHI/DAL. Also have a feeling CIN/WAS could be a belter.

How long you reckon until Staley or Joe Thomas request a trade? Both of those guys deserve a trip to playoffs but are stuck playing for 1st draft pick.

Will have to agree to disagree on Fitz fella!

Come on, you can't blame the penalties? blatant holding by the oline most of the game, Siemien threw 50 times against us lol key against the chargers is to never stop running the ball because the run D is horrible, Addae might be back, hopefully he can lay on on Sanders

haha have they? Brock is a hack, has plenty of weapons at the Texans so no excuse as well just doesn't have it, seen it against us last year when Manning had to come back in and led you to the W

Perryman is pretty banged up, which is a concern, think it might come down to who has the better game out of Miller and Ware vs Bosa and Ingram

will have to keep you below 20 to win i think because can't see us getting more than 2 TDs against your D

Always going to get superstars stuck on dud teams, unfortunately doesn't matter how good a tackle is an all star T can't influence a game enough to help get wins. apparently the browns want a second for Thomas! I'd be all over that, even with Dunlap there, too injury prone
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:25 am

Welshy wrote:
    Will have to agree to disagree on Fitz fella!

Come on, you can't blame the penalties? blatant holding by the oline most of the game, Siemien threw 50 times against us lol key against the chargers is to never stop running the ball because the run D is horrible, Addae might be back, hopefully he can lay on on Sanders

haha have they? Brock is a hack, has plenty of weapons at the Texans so no excuse as well just doesn't have it, seen it against us last year when Manning had to come back in and led you to the W

Perryman is pretty banged up, which is a concern, think it might come down to who has the better game out of Miller and Ware vs Bosa and Ingram

will have to keep you below 20 to win i think because can't see us getting more than 2 TDs against your D

Always going to get superstars stuck on dud teams, unfortunately doesn't matter how good a tackle is an all star T can't influence a game enough to help get wins. apparently the browns want a second for Thomas! I'd be all over that, even with Dunlap there, too injury prone

If Siemian plays like he did this week, we wont be kept under 20. Only problem is that, in the leadup to a game, with perfect prep, Denver have looked unbeatable. When theres a spanner in the works, theyve been shaky. Rookie QB against ATL. No HC against SD. Im hoping the CJ news doesnt throw the entire week out. When you dont have a QB like Manning (or Rivers for that matter), you need a good, solid week of prep. You cant go out and wing it off experience. Rivers could be in hospital all week, walk onto the field out of the bed and play as if he was in training all week.

I hope Bosa gets more snaps, just from a point of view of watching him go. He's been pretty impressive so far but he seems to be on a short snap count.

Browns wanted a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd for Thomas + a 5th last season. Tell 'em their dreaming. If they take a 1st and 3rd id be hapy with that - the Broncos roster is in good enough shape (contractually) that we can throw a few draft picks away for the best LT in the business. Plus the Browns are stockpiling picks. Falcons should chase Haden from CLE - him and Trufant together would change that team from a 4th seed into a 2nd seed.

Read today that HarrisJnr has allowed 75 yards in coverage over the last 46 games. And 48 of those were to AJ Green. That dude should get Sherman + Peterson level respect.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:08 am

How about the end of that Denver @ Saints game? Hooooo boy. A good W for the lads.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm

ryno_ wrote:How about the end of that Denver @ Saints game? Hooooo boy. A good W for the lads.

Absolutely typical of the Chargers, working their way back from a horrendous season start then losing a game that was there on a plate

4th QTR interceptions in incomprehensible from a vet like Rivers!! Couple that with games that looked to be going the other way... Panthers losing that 4th QTR lead and the Broncos wavering in the 4th

That is a major difference between the teams, Chiefs and the Donkeys both have that steely mentality, Chargers are powder puffs
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:07 am

Welshy wrote:
    Absolutely typical of the Chargers, working their way back from a horrendous season start then losing a game that was there on a plate

4th QTR interceptions in incomprehensible from a vet like Rivers!! Couple that with games that looked to be going the other way... Panthers losing that 4th QTR lead and the Broncos wavering in the 4th

That is a major difference between the teams, Chiefs and the Donkeys both have that steely mentality, Chargers are powder puffs

I thought the Chargers were home this week. its not usually Rivers that does the choke either.

Im hoping the Raiders don't have that same mentality.

Big few games coming up for Denver. Cheifs x 2, Raiders, Pats. Fortunately we have a bye to run into the first Chiefs game and then Jags + Titans to play us into form before we host the Pats.

AFC is wide open and it looks like the 2 last Denver games could be the difference between KC/OAK/DEN getting 2nd seed or 5th/6th.

NFC is a bit of a basketcase, only the Cowboys look like certainties at this point.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:38 pm

So we move to LA, get outroar from potential Dodger fans for stealing their logo, then hire Anthony Lynn over Mike Smith and Matt Patricia

Go Chargers!
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:30 pm

I saw that one of your tackles (i think) was at the basketball, minding his own business when the announcer put him on the big screen with the new logo and the poor guy got booed by the whole stadium. He didnt ask for that Laughing

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm

Up the mighty Packers !

Couldnt believe the coyboys were faves considering the form of the two teams.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Revraiser wrote:Up the mighty Packers  !  

Couldnt believe the coyboys were faves considering the form of the two teams.

Americas Team mate.

I can't believe there was so many mentions of Romo replacing Dak in the lead up and last few weeks of season! Madness after the way Dak played most of the year and unfair pressure
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:59 am

So Superbowl?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

Falcons win this one, not as high scoring as predicted though.

Coleman to have a big game for the Falcons.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 am

Random wrote:So Superbowl?

Surprised they haven't shown Gisele Bundchen on screen yet.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

Patriots are gooooooooone.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Bren wrote:Patriots are gooooooooone.

Goooooooone, gone on to win!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Pain wrote:

Goooooooone, gone on to win!

Unbelievable Shocked . Biggest comeback in Superbowl history? Brady = GOAT?

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

One of the best comebacks in sport I've ever seen. What a game
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 am

Well worth taking the day off work for. I had no idea about the OT rules, it reminds me of golden point.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am

Krump wrote:Well worth taking the day off work for. I had no idea about the OT rules, it reminds me of golden point.

If you ever get a chance to you should check out college football overtime games. They change the rules up a bit to give both teams a shot at it. They have it that you start at the 25 and you get your standard set of downs, you either score or turnover of possession then the opposition gets their shot at it from their 25. If both teams get the same, ie, FG and FG or TD and TD then you go to another overtime, but if you only make a FG on your shot then a TD for the other team on their turn is a win. Leads to way more drama in my opinion and results in multiple overtime game
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

If you ever get a chance to you should check out college football overtime games. They change the rules up a bit to give both teams a shot at it. They have it that you start at the 25 and you get your standard set of downs, you either score or turnover of possession then the opposition gets their shot at it from their 25. If both teams get the same, ie, FG and FG or TD and TD then you go to another overtime, but if you only make a FG on your shot then a TD for the other team on their turn is a win. Leads to way more drama in my opinion and results in multiple overtime game
    Sounds like a much fairer and entertaining way to do it. I have watched quite a bit of college football purely due to the friendlier timeslots.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 pm