NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL 2017 Empty NFL 2017

Post by ryno_ Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:31 am

Draft only a month away now - defending, world beating, greatest defence since '85, champions without a QB.

Looking at the draft;
    #1 - Titans surely take Tunsil. Best player in the draft by daylight.
    #2 - Browns will take which ever QB they like best and kill his career
    #3 - Chargers will take Ramsey, second best player in the draft
    #4 - Cowboys go for Bosa or Bucknor in an effort to replace Ware after watching him destroy in Denver
    #5 - Jags take Myles Jack, their LBs are poo.

#7 - SF take Zeke Elliot to partner Hyde and Hayne drops back a spot in the RB depth chart.

#30 - Goes to the Panthers because Patriots are filthy cheats and lost their pick. No prediction, just wanted to point that out.
    #31 - Broncos will grab the best DE available and come back for Dak Prescott in the 2nd. Hopefully.

AFC South looks suddenly strong again, Jags are legit contenders for the first time in about 2 decades. Defence is above average and theres so much potential on the offence.

AFC West is the best division in the league. Broncos and Chiefs are both contenders and Raiders will be the best 3rd place side. Chargers could go either way. AFC North is pretty good but im not comfortable labelling a division with Cleveland in it as "the best".

GB are going to put on a fucking offensive clinic week in, week out. Rodgers will break Mannings TD record with a game to spare. Jordy Nelson is a shoe in for comeback player. Jordy + Cobb + Lacy and adding Cook to that? Damn.

Patriots look good aswell, with the addition of Bennett and 7/11 Hogan they look like Bradys last (unanimous) MVP season when he had Hernandez and Welker. Will be hard to cover all those receivers (especially Hogan) . But football karma will get them and they wont win. Cheats.

2 weeks from the release of the schedule - betting that the opening game will be Houston @ Denver.

Last edited by ryno_ on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

NFL 2017 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:59 pm

ryno_ wrote:Draft only a month away now - defending, world beating, greatest defence since '85, champions without a QB.

Looking at the draft;
    #1 - Titans surely take Tunsil. Best player in the draft by daylight.
    #2 - Browns will take which ever QB they like best and kill his career
    #3 - Chargers will take Ramsey, second best player in the draft
    #4 - Cowboys go for Bosa or Bucknor in an effort to replace Ware after watching him destroy in Denver
    #5 - Jags take Myles Jack, their LBs are poo.

#7 - SF take Zeke Elliot to partner Hyde and Hayne drops back a spot in the RB depth chart.

#30 - Goes to the Panthers because Patriots are filthy cheats and lost their pick. No prediction, just wanted to point that out.
    #31 - Broncos will grab the best DE available and come back for Dak Prescott in the 2nd. Hopefully.

AFC South looks suddenly strong again, Jags are legit contenders for the first time in about 2 decades. Defence is above average and theres so much potential on the offence.

AFC West is the best division in the league. Broncos and Chiefs are both contenders and Raiders will be the best 3rd place side. Chargers could go either way. AFC North is pretty good but im not comfortable labelling a division with Cleveland in it as "the best".

GB are going to put on a fucking offensive clinic week in, week out. Rodgers will break Mannings TD record with a game to spare. Jordy Nelson is a shoe in for comeback player. Jordy + Cobb + Lacy and adding Cook to that? Damn.

Patriots look good aswell, with the addition of Bennett and 7/11 Hogan they look like Bradys last (unanimous) MVP season when he had Hernandez and Welker. Will be hard to cover all those receivers (especially Hogan) . But football karma will get them and they wont win. Cheats.

2 weeks from the release of the schedule - betting that the opening game will be Houston @ Denver.

The Titans are dull I reckon they take Ramsey over Tunsil, which will leave him to us (the chargers) who will proceed to trade back down the draft and trade for someone looking for a QB like SF who will take either Wentz or Goff...whilst we get a great deal in extra picks and waste them on nobodies and that kid from that small school that no one has heard of but got 4 sacks in a game once...

In all seriousness Ramsey is looking like the No.1 pick in the draft, kid is electric and would love him, but we just don't have the big men and rushers to make him as effective, Buckner for me at no.3 for the chargers
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Are we going to a fantasy comp again? I was enjoying the espn one.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:37 pm

Pain wrote:Are we going to a fantasy comp again? I was enjoying the espn one.

100% mate

we will drum up the interest a few weeks out from the start and sort out some leagues
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:40 pm

no way we go RB @ 7, we may take one later in draft but to many bigger needs to use 7 on it

hope we don't go QB personally, not in love with any of goff, wentz or lynch its gotta be considered a big chance

i'd be happy with any of jack, bosa or buckner but ultimately, i think we end up taking goff
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Welshy wrote:

100% mate

we will drum up the interest a few weeks out from the start and sort out some leagues
    Yeap I am totally down for another league, I really liked the ESPN system too. So will probably run off that again.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:14 am

leaguegod wrote:no way we go RB @ 7, we may take one later in draft but to many bigger needs to use 7 on it

hope we don't go QB personally, not in love with any of goff, wentz or lynch its gotta be considered a big chance

i'd be happy with any of jack, bosa or buckner but ultimately, i think we end up taking goff

I don't think jack will fall to 7. If Elliot is there at 7, I think your crazy not to take him on the "best player available" principle. Him and gurley are the next generation of rbs. Besides, after Hyde your rbs are pretty iffy.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:45 pm

ryno_ wrote:

I don't think jack will fall to 7. If Elliot is there at 7, I think your crazy not to take him on the "best player available" principle. Him and gurley are the next generation of rbs. Besides, after Hyde your rbs are pretty iffy.

as good as elliot may be, i'm not using a top ten pick on an RB, Running backs take so much punishment, that they either a) suffer a heap of injuries in the career or B) begin to decline not to long into their career plus there are always Running backs with legit starter potential in the middle rounds too

i'd rather spend the $ and draft picks on a more important position, RB's are just recycled to quickly to warrant #7 imo
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:06 pm

leaguegod wrote:

as good as elliot may be, i'm not using a top ten pick on an RB, Running backs take so much punishment, that they either a) suffer a heap of injuries in the career or B) begin to decline not to long into their career plus there are always Running backs with legit starter potential in the middle rounds too

i'd rather spend the $ and draft picks on a more important position, RB's are just recycled to quickly to warrant #7 imo

I take your point - I just think this kid's worth it. Gurley was drafted pretty highly last year and that turned out well. Having said that, so was Gordon.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Where is the Poll regarding Hayne making the cut or not?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:08 pm

As long as someone like Random or Welshy runs it I dont see why not. I might even throw my hat in the ring and join the comp (last place is free yeah?)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

ryno_ wrote:

I take your point - I just think this kid's worth it. Gurley was drafted pretty highly last year and that turned out well. Having said that, so was Gordon.
    Not Gordon's fault our o line resembles a slice of Swiss cheese, hopefully with some improvements this year, a new o line coach and Tunsil he will explode
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Bren wrote:
    As long as someone like Random or Welshy runs it I dont see why not. I might even throw my hat in the ring and join the comp (last place is free yeah?)
    Completely free mate get in there was going really well until it all got ruined
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:52 am

Welshy wrote:
    Not Gordon's fault our o line resembles a slice of Swiss cheese, hopefully with some improvements this year, a new o line coach and Tunsil he will explode

You arent getting Tunsil unless you trade up to 1, Titans will take him for sure. Nothing better for a teams future then having a franchise QB supported by a franchise LT.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:23 am

ryno_ wrote:

yeah gurley is a gun, but it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up after a few 300+ touch seasons

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:26 am

on hayne

i'd say based on the roster atm, he is good odds to make the squad

Hyde a lock, davis very likely

leaves draughn and hayne fighting for #3 but probs like a 75% chance both make the 53

if we draft an RB in the first say 5 rounds, his odds probably fall to below 50% tho. i'm expecting us to take 1 at some point too
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:40 am

leaguegod wrote:on hayne

i'd say based on the roster atm, he is good odds to make the squad

Hyde a lock, davis very likely

leaves draughn and hayne fighting for #3 but probs like a 75% chance both make the 53

if we draft an RB in the first say 5 rounds, his odds probably fall to below 50% tho. i'm expecting us to take 1 at some point too

Ill give him better then 50/50, even if the 9ers draft an RB. Near certainty if they dont. Your PR/KR last year wasnt terrible but it was pretty uninspiring. Id have him in the squad just for that atm. Chip's had Sproles at returner for the Pheagles so he doesnt seem content to give it to a non-xfactor kinda player, which is in Haynes favour.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 am

his fumbles as a returner does hurt his chances there but yeah if he go error free in the pre season and do better then ellington and co, it will drastically improve his chances

bruce ellington did have a couple of big returns bought back for penalties, can't make people miss like hayne but his quickness makes up for it
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 pm

ryno_ wrote:

You arent getting Tunsil unless you trade up to 1, Titans will take him for sure. Nothing better for a teams future then having a franchise QB supported by a franchise LT.
    You are forgetting the fact that the Titans are a mediocrely run franchise and already have Lewan who had massive wraps out of Michigan? Hopefully they see too much talent in Ramsey and grab him
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:48 am

Welshy wrote:
    You are forgetting the fact that the Titans are a mediocrely run franchise and already have Lewan who had massive wraps out of Michigan? Hopefully they see too much talent in Ramsey and grab him

Fair point - and with the Browns @ 2, youve hardly got the best run franchises in front. They are just as likely to take a punter. I just cant see any team with #1 pick not going for Tunsil.

It wouldnt surprise me to see CLE take Ramsey though. Theyve released their best DB and will be able to get a decent option for QB at the start of the second with pick #33. Just depends on how much they believe in RG3.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 pm