NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

leaguegod

NFL 2017 - Page 16 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by leaguegod Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:37 pm

we traded back in to get foster (used the 4th from the bears, so we come out net 2 3rds)

high risk/high reward, he has some pretty big red flags off the field but if he stay clean, his onfield talent is a steal here, i'm happy with it, we ain't getting back to be competitive by playing it safe
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Don't know there NFL.com have the plaxico buress comparison for Mike Williams from? I have a slightly slower Mike Evans. Wanted Hooker but buzzing about the potential Williams gives us on offence, plenty of defence talent left early second so can see the thinking grabbing one of the finest offence prospects early doors!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

So outta interest lads, who are we keeping an eye on for the draft and which newbies/player movements are fantasy relevant this year?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Mearcats wrote:So outta interest lads, who are we keeping an eye on for the draft and which newbies/player movements are fantasy relevant this year?
    Foster sliding to end of first due to apparent medical issue, was a sure fire top 10 pick steal if he remains healthy for 49ers. For fantasy purposes mate Fournette, Mccaffrey, Williams, I like Dalvin cook if he ends up at an ideal scenario like the Giants
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Brees still Mr. Reliable? And how will T.Y. Hilton and their other new recruit go running for him?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 am

for fantasy purposes, brees will still put up multiple big number games. in terms of real life, i'm not sure he can take them deep anymore

T.Y hilton is still at the colts isnt he ?

for fantasy, the 2 RB's taken are pretty intriguing

Fournette will be used as a work horse from day dot, could put up RB2 numbers right away but the bad offensive line and his history of picking up minor injuries very regularly make it a gamble

McCaffrey is a nice fit in carolina, i just worry that his TD numbers will be kept very low by cam/jstew

mixon and cook have issues but for fantasy purposes, none of that matters, if they fall into good positions they are just as likely to have good fantasy seasons then the 2 top 10 picks imo, especially mixon
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:34 am

Packers pick up King Wink
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:15 am

I love Lamp. Brick Tamland 2014

I love Lamp. Welshy 2017

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Ravens are building a defence to fear again, it makes sense, lot's of people saying it's a very deep draft defensively, Flacco not getting a lot of help here, but i wouldn't want them to draft a WR or OL just for the sake of it. As the hashtag goes - #TrustinOzzie
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Stoked with Denvers draft overall. Spent 1st rounder on our spot of greatest need, got a mean 2nd rounder, a 3rd round talent in the 5th and QB who was top 5 on talent in 7th. Alongside a few handy CBs and WRs. We nailed it. Not as much as the 49ers and Browns but hey.

For mine, Giants and Saint choked, alongside Bears.

Mearcats wrote:So outta interest lads, who are we keeping an eye on for the draft and which newbies/player movements are fantasy relevant this year?

Rookies - not much really, most of the top gamechangers are on the defensive side of the ball. Williams will get looks LA, Fournette should be in theory but he plays for the Jags, so hes an avoid for me. McCaffery could be but it remains to be seen who much use he gets as (basically) the teams 3rd rusher. Trubisky is a trap at Bears, although Watson has the weapons to succeed. Mitch has been set up to fail and will be destroyed of all confidence by his 4th year. Almost feel sorry for him until you remember hes walked onto a $30m contract. OJ Howard will be a good pickup. John Ross is another trap. Too small, too injury prone.

Movements... Heaps - Peterson at the Saints could be big with Brees. DeSean on the Buccs with Evans will be a top 5 1-2 punch... NYG will have the best though with OBJ and Marshall. Denvers new TE could make in immediate impact without much competition on the depth chart. Lacy at Seattle to try and be beastmode 2.0. Martellus could be huge in Greenbay. Oakland finally look good at all positions with Jared Cook and Beastmode 1.0. And for a few sly picks, the 2 best FBs in the game changed teams, which should open up more blocking lanes for RBs at Bills and 49ers. Brandin Cooks has gone from WR1 at saints to equal WR2 at Patriots... will be interesting to see how a deep threat goes with a 38year old QBs arm.

And a bunch of huge defence moves but they arent super fantasy relevant. Jags look unreal on paper but are still the Jags. Giants look good again. Denver as always. Patriots improved. Falcons now look really good on both sides and should be NFC favourites.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 01, 2017 7:33 pm

AND - the new best QB-TE combo in the league is Siemen to Butt. Siemen going deep to Butt will be a thing. I literally cant even.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Outstanding draft from my Chargers

With the perceived average starting NFL QB talent available this year I'm glad we doubled down on Rivers and supplied him with the No.1 WR in the draft, that O could be terrifying to face if Allen stays healthy and Henry continues to progress

Then we added the 2 best interior lineman in the draft with our 2nd and 3rd! Lamp had 1st round talent written all over him

I want Desmond King in the 3rd, so to get him in the 5th was an absolute steal, Rayshawn Jenkins was massivel underrated, he is a cruise missile big, strong and fast!

really excited for the year

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 pm

Tavon Young down with a torn ACL and my hopes that one season we'll go a week without a major injury to one of our starters down with it.

on the plus side, by all reports Perriman's been a standout of Ravens OTAs so far, that would go some way to alleviating our WR problem if he continues to kick on.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:57 am

surmo13 wrote:Tavon Young down with a torn ACL and my hopes that one season we'll go a week without a major injury to one of our starters down with it.

on the plus side, by all reports Perriman's been a standout of Ravens OTAs so far, that would go some way to alleviating our WR problem if he continues to kick on.
    and now Pitta mate, when it rains it pours

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 am

Welshy wrote:
    and now Pitta mate, when it rains it pours

looks like another dislocated hip, 3rd in 4 years, you've gotta think that's career over for the poor bastard Crying or Very sad

p.s. i know i said this just last night:

but the first phonecall Maclin got after getting released by the Cheifs better have come from Ozzie Newsome, he was criminally underutilized in KC and would be a brilliant pick-up.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:26 pm

surmo13 wrote:

looks like another dislocated hip, 3rd in 4 years, you've gotta think that's career over for the poor bastard :cry:

p.s. i know i said this just last night:

but the first phonecall Maclin got after getting released by the Cheifs better have come from Ozzie Newsome, he was criminally underutilized in KC and would be a brilliant pick-up.

Wasnt Pitta on the way out for Maxx anyways?

Side note: with a name like Maxx, how is he a pasty rednut and not a black dude?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Wasnt Pitta on the way out for Maxx anyways?

Side note: with a name like Maxx, how is he a pasty rednut and not a black dude?

Don't know that he was on the way out, a healthy Pitta was the clear best TE on our roster, but between Ben Watson, Crocket Gilmore and Maxx Williams, losing him isn't a catastrophe.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:23 am

surmo13 wrote:

Don't know that he was on the way out, a healthy Pitta was the clear best TE on our roster, but between Ben Watson, Crocket Gilmore and Maxx Williams, losing him isn't a catastrophe.

It sucks losing him but his loss is coverable.

Apparently LeSean is trying to get Maclin to go to Buffalo, join a few of the other Chip rejects. As someone who spent a day in Buffalo, can't think of a worse place to go. What a shithole.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 am

ryno_ wrote:

It sucks losing him but his loss is coverable.

Apparently LeSean is trying to get Maclin to go to Buffalo, join a few of the other Chip rejects. As someone who spent a day in Buffalo, can't think of a worse place to go. What a shithole.
    Laugh 3

Maclin would do well in Buffalo with Sammy if he keeps fit, Shady and Clay they will have a half decent O
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:26 am

Welshy wrote:
    :laugh3:

Maclin would do well in Buffalo with Sammy if he keeps fit, Shady and Clay they will have a half decent O

Tyrod's fantasy value will skyrocket. He was a QB9 in most formats last year with no receivers. If they get Maclin to join Clay and Watkins, he could be top 5. Fantasy wise. They also got DiMarco, the best FB in the game. Bills will be the only team capable in that division outside Pats. They may have lost Gilmore but Darby is set for a breakout year and the guy they got at CB from LSU is a stud - but thats probably LSU bias speaking.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am