NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

NFL 2017 - Page 22 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Guest Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Welshy wrote:

Maybe trying to milk the hit because nothing got called and save some face, bit odd I'm just glad he is cleared of anything serious for selfish fantasy reasons

excited for the season mate? how is Flacco going?

yeh it'll be great once we get all this psuedo-football out of the way and start throwing the ball in earnest, obviously excitment has dampened a touch since training camp kicked off for my own teams prospects with all the injuries, not good to be dealing with a patch-work o-line before the season has begun, but it should be serviceable enough so long as Yanda & Stanley stay healthy.

we seem to have finally gotten though a week of pre-season without troubling IR which is nice, the defence is living up to high expectations so far, and the only guy in a starting spot that has looked truly terrible is one that (knock on wood) won't have that spot come week 1 - speaking of which, Flacco's recovery seems to be coming along, hasn't really been much said other than Wallace joking around with reporters about him being 'Secret Weapon X' so there's no reason to think he won't be under center when the time comes to play real football
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm

surmo13 wrote:

yeh it'll be great once we get all this psuedo-football out of the way and start throwing the ball in earnest, obviously excitment has dampened a touch since training camp kicked off for my own teams prospects with all the injuries, not good to be dealing with a patch-work o-line before the season has begun, but it should be serviceable enough so long as Yanda & Stanley stay healthy.

we seem to have finally gotten though a week of pre-season without troubling IR which is nice, the defence is living up to high expectations so far, and the only guy in a starting spot that has looked truly terrible is one that (knock on wood) won't have that spot come week 1 - speaking of which, Flacco's recovery seems to be coming along, hasn't really been much said other than Wallace joking around with reporters about him being 'Secret Weapon X' so there's no reason to think he won't be under center when the time comes to play real football

The injury and retirement bug has certainly hit you this pre season, its usually us....Perryman is a huge loss to start the season but should only miss 6 weeks luckily and Mike Williams looks set to play this season!

Thoughts on Wallace fantasy wise with the Maclin addition?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 am

Welshy wrote:@ryno_

Happy with Siemien winning the QB battle? Lynch a wasted picked?

Very happy Trev won - I really rate him. He's got a very clean throwing motion and a very fast release. If he can improve his vision and anticipation (and theres no reason he wont with time on the field), he'll be a very, very good QB. Theres no young player who wasn't a high draft pick Id rather have then him.

Too early to call Pax a waste yet but it's on the cards. He has all the natural ability in the world but his mechanics are broken - his throwing motion is as bad as Tebows was. They were broken when he was drafted and the gamble was always going to be if Elway could fix them. Looking like no, but until he gets cut theres a chance he'll turn out. Theres always a chance. FWIW, at the time I said Dak was the best QB in that class. Looking like maybe Wentz is the only contender to that crown. Goff is a spud.

All in all, that Denver draft class was pretty good - and Lynch will hardly be the first pick in the 20s to be useless. We got Simmons, Jano, Parks, Dixon and Gotsis. Cant complain with the later rounds haul.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

surmo13 wrote:

i'm not usually on board with the "OBJ is a drama queen" shit, but that whole situation was kinda bizarre, in the immediate aftermath you'd have thought his leg needed to be amputated with the way he carried on and collapsed in the tunnel, then he comes out after the game and goes 'just a sprain, nbd'

OBJ + Brandon Marshall sharing targets and a locker room is going to be a show this season.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:35 am

ryno_ wrote:

OBJ + Brandon Marshall sharing targets and a locker room is going to be a show this season.

Is Shepherd injured?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

Welshy wrote:

Is Shepherd injured?

No, just shuffled down the depth chart.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:20 am

Kinda funny - but the closest competition this year will be for the Comeback player of the Year...

Watt, Bowman, KA, Trufant, Gronk, Marshawn, Thomas III, Kuechly. Quite a field.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:38 am

Trubusky? Discuss?

Just lost his top receiver mind. Meredith likely gone for season!

@Surmo13 that Ravens D looks nasty again
    @ryno_ how did the Donkeys go against the Packer ones?

My bolts absolutely piled it in against the Rams one and a halfs, Goff is donkey spunk
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 am

Welshy wrote:Trubusky? Discuss?

Just lost his top receiver mind. Meredith likely gone for season!

@Surmo13 that Ravens D looks nasty again
    @ryno_ how did the Donkeys go against the Packer ones?

My bolts absolutely piled it in against the Rams one and a halfs, Goff is donkey spunk

Broncos D looked pretty good. Gave up a TD when the offence turned the ball over on the 5 yard line but apart from that, didnt give them much. AR12 finished 3/5 for 12 yards. Run D is still worrying but our Dline was only the 2s so there hope.

How bad did the Jets 1s look? Putrid. 29-3 at the half. Hack is playing himself into free agency - technically threw for negative yardage, when you account for his 2 pick 6s.

Cutler looked pretty good for the phins!

Trib looked ok. Still has nobody to throw to so its hard to judge but hes beind a good Line at least. I think he'll be the starter over Glennon. Sooner they turn to the future the better.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000836025/article/injury-roundup-ravens-albert-mcclellan-tears-his-acl

The team announced Monday that veteran linebacker Albert McClellan suffered a torn ACL in practice last week and will be out for the entire 2017 season. McClellan started in 11 of 16 games for Baltimore last season, tallying 55 tackles and one sack.

Baltimore's ongoing battle with injuries has been intense this offseason. Former All-Pro Zach Orr retired from the NFL due to a congenital spinal condition and Dennis Pitta (hip), Kenneth Dixon (knee), Tavon Young (knee), Nico Siragusa (knee) and Crockett Gillmore (MCL) all are slated to miss the season because of their respective injuries.

Im convinced Baltimore training facilities are on a burial ground or something.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

ryno_ wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000836025/article/injury-roundup-ravens-albert-mcclellan-tears-his-acl

Im convinced Baltimore training facilities are on a burial ground or something.

They missed Alex Lewis and Tim White's season enders, but yeh, It's a bit fucking rediculous... If there's a silver lining to be found, while there are some good names on that list, the IR curse is yet to strike anybody that's an irreplaceable part of the team, Flacco's progressing well, he's started throwing again and Harbaugh has promised he'll be under centre Week 1.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 am

Final week of preseason - early days but the Jets 1s are getting towelled by the Philly 3s. If the Jets 3s come out, it could turn ugly.

Honestly, they could almost pool a team of cut players from tomorrow's cut deadline that would give the Jets a run for their money.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:35 am

surmo13 wrote:

They missed Alex Lewis and Tim White's season enders, but yeh, It's a bit fucking rediculous... If there's a silver lining to be found, while there are some good names on that list, the IR curse is yet to strike anybody that's an irreplaceable part of the team, Flacco's progressing well, he's started throwing again and Harbaugh has promised he'll be under centre Week 1.

Orr and Pitta are pretty big names. Replaceable though.

If Flacco's back, theyll be fine.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 am

Always pretty great to watch a game where the Pats get humbled, especially when it's by a team that was supposed to just be spinning their wheels until they pulled the trigger on Mahomes... No doubt they'll bounce back like they always do, but i've never seen a Pats D just wilt like that, so many big plays for the Chiefs where there was barely a finger layed on them
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

surmo13 wrote:Always pretty great to watch a game where the Pats get humbled, especially when it's by a team that was supposed to just be spinning their wheels until they pulled the trigger on Mahomes... No doubt they'll bounce back like they always do, but i've never seen a Pats D just wilt like that, so many big plays for the Chiefs where there was barely a finger layed on them

Absolutely. I cant find it now but my favourite shot of the game was Brady looking grumpy on the sidelines with a tiki torch photoshopped in his hand - looked like he fit right in with the rest of his MAGA racist mates in charlottesville.

This looks like being a STACKED RB draft year. Hunt and Fournette already look the goods... although Mixon and his Bengals got shut down pretty well by your birds.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:11 pm

20-0 in Cincy is a big fucking deal, wasn't able to watch and won't be able to see anything until later today, but i think i'm going to enjoy it and i think we can consider the league put on notice.

wish i could say the same for my fantasy scores though, what an ugly sight that is
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Shut out by Ravens away is huge.

I'm a Philly man myself and it was good to get a first up win. Aim high for the play offs because we're not going to do fuck all else.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Philly defence is sneakily good. Great pass rush and the gaps in the secondary are closing (although your CB2 and nickel+dime backs are still ordinary).

Looking forward to watching tonight and sussing out if Seattle offence was terrible or GB defence got good overnight. 'hawks had 24 TOTAL yards with about 2min to go in the first half.

Browns looked like making a surprise... but they won the penalty count 13-4, possession 32-28min and still couldnt win. I dont think theyll get a better chance then that for a while.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 am

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/drew-brees-deserves-better-than-the-saints-defense/

This is (IMO anyways) a fascinating read from the best sports blog online.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

@welshy - Denver open the scoring with a TD thanks to a Bosa brain snap. Booooooom

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am