NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

NFL 2017 - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Guest Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:34 am

*sigh* come the fuck on... why do the AFC even bother playing? just send the cheating-ass, boring as hell Patriots to the superbowl each year and be done with it
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 am

i've got to the stage where i can admire their greatness without it annoying me these days, this brady/belichick combination is just truly remarkable

jags played a good game, but it always felt like the pats would be to strong, it has all season for me, steelers were probably the only team i thought may have been able to close them out if they got there
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:05 am

leaguegod wrote:i've got to the stage where i can admire their greatness without it annoying me these days, this brady/belichick combination is just truly remarkable

jags played a good game, but it always felt like the pats would be to strong, it has all season for me, steelers were probably the only team i thought may have been able to close them out if they got there

Jags got too conservative too early, Pats were always coming back, TD before HT was a killer! Really hope one of the Vikes or Philly can beat them though!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am

agree there, jags were creative and aggressive first half, went away from it till they feel behind

these defenses are great, but brady is still putting up over 21 against them and i just don't know if keenum/foles keep up with that
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

leaguegod wrote:agree there, jags were creative and aggressive first half, went away from it till they feel behind

these defenses are great, but brady is still putting up over 21 against them and i just don't know if keenum/foles keep up with that
    Have to at least be able to match the Pats O because Brady always finds a way against great Defences! I hope it’s the Vikes, better weapons on offence and their Defence is better than Phillys! Has there been a championship with such sub standard QBs in it? Minus the GOAT obviously
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 am

Welshy wrote:
    Have to at least be able to match the Pats O because Brady always finds a way against great Defences! I hope it’s the Vikes, better weapons on offence and their Defence is better than Phillys! Has there been a championship with such sub standard QBs in it? Minus the GOAT obviously

yeah i think the vikes would scare them the most, Ealges running game can be schemed out by the pats but the vikings recieving threats will win 1 on 1 match up and their secondary would slow brady down the most, plus they would be at home!

that pick 6 keenum threw was a disaster tho, they looked in control early. momentum all with the eagles

there is probably often 1 QB in the foles/bortles/keenum level in championship round, maybe rare occasions there is 2, i very much doubt there has ever been 3

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:42 pm

very impressive by the eagles, i think like many i wrote them off when wentz went down and continued to do so even after they beat the falcons but was pretty today that the strength of this squads is its all round play and wentz isn't the be all and end all.

Foles made some great plays too. who knows!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:14 am

I'll still take the day off work and watch (obv) but I can't remember a superbowl where I actually didnt care who won. Would have much preferred the Jags get up but they blew it. Starting from the last drive in the first half, through the entire second half. Woeful playcalling. Terrible reffing (not 1 single pats penalty on offence OR defence all game) didnt help but you're going to get that in Foxborough.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Fly Eagles Fly.

I wrote us off when Wentz went down. I don't give us much of a chance against Superbowl Brady but who knows. I didn't think we'd destroy the Vikings either.

Day off and day after for the game should be great!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

don't know if it generates enough discussion to warrant it's own thread so i'll stick it here, but Vinnie Mac has decided to revive the XFL, with less 'X', more standing for the national anthem and no criminal records

I'm interested in it, if only for the novelty of it, my only knowledge of the first attempt was how spectacular of a failure it was... It does seems like there a market for an alternative league, fans are turning away for a multitude of reasons,but i have big doubts that this will be what fills that space
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 am

Yeah apparently getting launched in 2020. It could pay off if he targeted the undrafted guys, younger guys who don't want to take the college route and want to earn before hitting the NFL, and/or the guys who just can't make the cut in the NFL like Tebow.

More effective if he has it kick off in the off-season around March, and it could certainly go up against the CFL if paychecks are decent.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 am

Random wrote:Yeah apparently getting launched in 2020. It could pay off if he targeted the undrafted guys, younger guys who don't want to take the college route and want to earn before hitting the NFL, and/or the guys who just can't make the cut in the NFL like Tebow.

More effective if he has it kick off in the off-season around March, and it could certainly go up against the CFL if paychecks are decent.

By the sound of it, Lavar Ball and Vince McMahon could both have leagues with the same business model up and running.

Ball's league has a much better chance of working, if he can get some brains behind it IMO. A basketball league doesnt need as much talent to get up and running.

XFL has already failed once and if the only difference this time is "we are going to stand for the anthem and not employ criminals" I really dont think the end result will be different. I mean, only like 8 or so players knelt for the anthem in the last round, it's long forgotten history now. Unfortunately.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm

ryno_ wrote:

By the sound of it, Lavar Ball and Vince McMahon could both have leagues with the same business model up and running.

Ball's league has a much better chance of working, if he can get some brains behind it IMO. A basketball league doesnt need as much talent to get up and running.

XFL has already failed once and if the only difference this time is "we are going to stand for the anthem and not employ criminals" I really dont think the end result will be different. I mean, only like 8 or so players knelt for the anthem in the last round, it's long forgotten history now. Unfortunately.

those won't be the only changes, they are just the more publicised things he talked about, he said elsewhere that the game will be far less gimmicky than the old league, and to paraphrase him, he's not trying to re-invent football this time, just re-invigorate it, make it faster and more engaging. Supposedly the only reason he kept the old name was because he had it already and because it pops more than any other _FL name he could've gone with.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 am

surmo13 wrote:

those won't be the only changes, they are just the more publicised things he talked about, he said elsewhere that the game will be far less gimmicky than the old league, and to paraphrase him, he's not trying to re-invent football this time, just re-invigorate it, make it faster and more engaging. Supposedly the only reason he kept the old name was because he had it already and because it pops more than any other _FL name he could've gone with.

So the only concrete ideas he has so far is blind nationalism and the rest of the ideas to improve the game are "Just trust me, it'll be better. I have great ideas. The best ideas."?

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:14 am

ryno_ wrote:

So the only concrete ideas he has so far is blind nationalism and the rest of the ideas to improve the game are "Just trust me, it'll be better. I have great ideas. The best ideas."?

Hmmm. Sounds familiar. MAKE FOOTBALL GREAT AGAIN!

Writing it off as a conservative sideshow before it's even had a chance to explain itself is very short-sighted.

I know you wouldn't know this because you don't watch the product, but the WWE has kept itself as a politics free zone, not to mention that following the orange one's path would be beyond brain-dead, he can't just trick people into believing in him with empty promises long enough to get locked into a 4-year job, if he's going into this with no actual plan for his product, then potential fans turn away week 1, and in 10 years time we're watching the "This was the XFL part 2" 30 for 30 special.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 am

surmo13 wrote:

Writing it off as a conservative sideshow before it's even had a chance to explain itself is very short-sighted.

I know you wouldn't know this because you don't watch the product, but the WWE has kept itself as a politics free zone, not to mention that following the orange one's path would be beyond brain-dead, he can't just trick people into believing in him with empty promises long enough to get locked into a 4-year job, if he's going into this with no actual plan for his product, then potential fans turn away week 1, and in 10 years time we're watching the "This was the XFL part 2" 30 for 30 special.

Given whose involved in it and the fact that the only changes to the NFL (scheduling aside) is thinly veiled racism and not even slightly veiled nationalism, its very hard to not put it in the conservative sideshow basket.

True, I havnt given a fuck for many, many years. But in the early/mid 2000s, WWE was far from a politics free zone - it was the exact opposite.

Happy to take further developments on their own merits, but as it currently stands...
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:37 am

Fuck JT nailed the half time show

Post by Guest Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Kudos to the Eagles, when Brady got the ball back with 2 minutes left it looked like everything was going to script for the Patriots - he was about to take his glorified victory march down the field, and then it got torn up on play 1, even then it still kinda felt like something ridiculous was gunna happen on his last drive right up until the clock hit :00... gotta say the next best thing in the NFL to watching my team win the super-bowl is watching the Patriots lose it, terribly poor form from Brady to skulk off to the locker room without even acknowledging Foles existence, let alone congratulating him.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:56 am

Honeysett wrote:Fly Eagles Fly.

I wrote us off when Wentz went down. I don't give us much of a chance against Superbowl Brady but who knows. I didn't think we'd destroy the Vikings either.

Day off and day after for the game should be great!

Congrats on the big win.

That play for the Foles TD took some huge ass balls. Great defence across the board aswell. Fantastic secondary coverage.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Marcus Peters is a cunt, but he is hell of a player and I'm glad he is out of the AFC West!! Most of his picks must of come from Rivers!!

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am