NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NFL 2017

    Share
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1909
    Reputation : 357
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by surmo13 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 am

    @ryno_ wrote:

    It makes sense - playing ball control football. Short passes, hard runs, tough D. Control the clock.

    And you don't really have the speed out wide do you? Like, past years the Ravens have had absolute jets running the seam. This year... Wallace is old, Maclin isnt a speed guy, Perriman is quick but hasn't been as good as advertised pre-draft.

    From the outside looking in, old school pounding the rock and a hard arse D seem to be the Ravens strengths.

    i don't think either Maclin or Wallace is much if at all slower than SSS was, he wasn't a speed guy either, but he spent his years at the Ravens catching bombs from Flacco.

    yeh, in theory it makes sense, in practice it's not working, i think the reason Flacco has worked so well in the Ravens system in the past is because secondaries have always had respect for his deep throws, which spreads the field and allows room for the RB's to do their thing, with this offence the way it is now, defenses are just crowding the line of scrimmage and we're just letting them, so these 4-5 yards plays get stuffed because the RB runs into a wall or Flacco throws a pass short to his receiver in a crowd which often goes incomplete, and the worst thing is, the moment we don't pick up those yards or we cop a penalty, the drive is screwed, because we don't run plays designed to pick up those extra yards, even at 3rd and 10+ our only play is a short pass/screen to Woodhead hoping he makes some guys miss.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1869
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:05 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    i don't think either Maclin or Wallace is much if at all slower than SSS was, he wasn't a speed guy either, but he spent his years at the Ravens catching bombs from Flacco.

    yeh, in theory it makes sense, in practice it's not working, i think the reason Flacco has worked so well in the Ravens system in the past is because secondaries have always had respect for his deep throws, which spreads the field and allows room for the RB's to do their thing, with this offence the way it is now, defenses are just crowding the line of scrimmage and we're just letting them, so these 4-5 yards plays get stuffed because the RB runs into a wall or Flacco throws a pass short to his receiver in a crowd which often goes incomplete, and the worst thing is, the moment we don't pick up those yards or we cop a penalty, the drive is screwed, because we don't run plays designed to pick up those extra yards, even at 3rd and 10+ our only play is a short pass/screen to Woodhead hoping he makes some guys miss.

    Dont tell SSS that!

    Its working aswell as can be expected, given the injury toll. Id' be surprised if you don't play playoff football and its hard to call that type of season a bad season. Shit, I'd take 7-9 as a victory at this stage in Denver.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:22 pm

    he won't get many votes but wilson has been legit MVP candidate for mine this year, his offensive line is mostly terrible, his running backs have rarely done anything and their defense while still storng has had some key outs and he still has them charging into the playoffs.


    as a fan of a team that has to play him twice, its so infuriating to watch him pressured just about every play and yet he often just gets away from it and makes plays, amazing.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1869
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 am

    Yeah, if Wilson got MVP I wouldnt complain.

    Jason Kelce and Andrew Whitworth wont get a look in but fuck me, they are playing just as good as Wilson or Wentz are.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 am

    ^ can't disagree but its basically a QB award unless an RB has a ridiculous year



    hope is dangerous, but jimmy G gives me hope. teams will have more tape on him in the future but the ability he has in undeniable, doing it right now with no legit #1 or even #2 type receiver

    love the way he makes the pass rushers miss and still keeps head up looking for a guy to get open
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1869
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 am

    @leaguegod wrote:^ can't disagree but its basically a QB award unless an RB has a ridiculous year



    hope is dangerous, but jimmy G gives me hope. teams will have more tape on him in the future but the ability he has in undeniable, doing it right now with no legit #1 or even #2 type receiver

    love the way he makes the pass rushers miss and still keeps head up looking for a guy to get open

    Yeah, JimmyG is going to be great with the coaching staff there behind him. Already has an adequate line, just needs a few weapons.

    See the Bills/Colts snow game? Wild. The offensive line helping the holder kick snow out of the way for the PAT is hilarious.

    And now that Denver have a sniff at a top 3 pick, we start playing well again. This team, I swear to fuck.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 am

    that snow game was awesome, would have been so bloody hard for the players

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

    do you still follow the jets to ryno ? deadest would have been the one time you would be happy for the broncos to just get belted and they play their best game in ages (and jets their worst for a while)
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1869
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 am

    @leaguegod wrote:do you still follow the jets to ryno ? deadest would have been the one time you would be happy for the broncos to just get belted and they play their best game in ages (and jets their worst for a while)

    Not really. I only had them as a second team for a while cos I liked their old school style of play... and they were great to play as on Madden for a while there. I'd probably have any team with an Aussie on their roster as an equal "second" team - which I guess means the Jets still qualify on technicality.


    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:38 pm

    niners in 26 games prior to jimmy G taking over 2-24
    niners in 3 game since he took over 3-0

    i know there is a let down coming but he looks the part to be our starter for a while and that is atleast on paper, our biggest question mark roster wise fixed for 2nd round pick which gives up plenty of options in the first


    tho if he keeps winning that first won't be as good but honestly, i think its worth going fown a few slots, some of the lesser proven players are suddenly looking like they belong and it all comes form the QB play

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:15 pm

    elsewhere, geez the rams made a big statement.

    panthers also looked a bit like their old selves


    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 4715
    Reputation : 964
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Revraiser on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:09 pm

    Yeah i like the Rams to make the bowl this year. so disappointed we don't get to see Wentz ride through the playoffs anymore.

    Agree RE Jimmy G. Gotta stick with him now, looks good.

    Enjoying today's 24th Dec games, something different to have on a sunday here, love it. Even if the Pack aren't a chance against Minnesota.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1909
    Reputation : 357
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm

    I'm fucking sick, the Bengals are 4th & 12 on the 50-yard line with 44 seconds left... With the defence we have, the game is done, it's over, finito... oh wait, there goes a Bengals TD to lose the game and the playoff spot Laugh 3gun

    realistically, to make it to the play-offs considering what the IR looks like this season would have been a hell of an accomplishment, but from the position the team put themselves in, play-offs should've just about been automatic and they went and fucking bottled it!

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 am

    footage of the bills fans watching that TD is awesome, tho i understand why you wouldn't see joy in that Surmo!

    couldn't believe it


    i enjoyed the storylines through out the season but i still do think this year lacks quality. i'll be pretty surprised if anyone outside of the steelers or patriots win it all



    niners went 5-0 in december, bring on next season, we'll probably come crashing back to earth early but its good to have hope again!
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13492
    Reputation : 2862
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

    Gutted for you and the Ravens Surmo lad but they threw it away! We blew our shot a few weeks back when we crumbled against the Chiefs, I didn’t have any faith in Bortles to sneak us in either, nice way to finish the season crushing the Faiders but a bitter taste not making the playoffs again! Too many close early season losses when we had them in the bag (Jags and Phins) I’m excited for next year, add some beef to our interior DLine, speedy outside backer and our D can become elite! One or two pieces to our O and I think we can get in next year!

    leaguegod

    Posts : 1095
    Reputation : 129
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:23 pm

    my predictions for award season, Superbowl & #1 pick

    MVP: it'll be brady, not sure i can disagree
    OPOY: gurley
    DPOY: donald for mine but could be campbell
    OROY: kamara, hunt makes this a real toss up but i rather kamara
    DROY: Lattimore
    Coach: Mcvay


    Superbowl: Patriots 20-Vikings 9
    #1 Pick: Josh Rosen but perhaps not by the browns
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13492
    Reputation : 2862
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Welshy on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:my predictions for award season, Superbowl & #1 pick

    MVP: it'll be brady, not sure i can disagree
    OPOY: gurley
    DPOY: donald for mine but could be campbell
    OROY: kamara, hunt makes this a real toss up but i rather kamara
    DROY: Lattimore
    Coach: Mcvay


    Superbowl: Patriots 20-Vikings 9
    #1 Pick: Josh Rosen but perhaps not by the browns

    I’d go along with all those picks, Kamara over Hunt for me also

    Keenan Allen for comeback player of the year also
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1869
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:25 am

    @leaguegod wrote:my predictions for award season, Superbowl & #1 pick

    MVP: it'll be brady, not sure i can disagree
    OPOY: gurley
    DPOY: donald for mine but could be campbell
    OROY: kamara, hunt makes this a real toss up but i rather kamara
    DROY: Lattimore
    Coach: Mcvay


    Superbowl: Patriots 20-Vikings 9
    #1 Pick: Josh Rosen but perhaps not by the browns

    Brady will probably win but shouldn't - he's not even the most valuable player on his team, let alone the league. I'd also take Hunt over Kamara, had a much better season. Kamara just had a hot month or so down the back stretch.

    With the HoustonStrong thing, if JJ doesnt win the man of the year award, itll be the biggest snub since Harrison Smith missed out on the probowl.

    MVP: Gurley
    OPOY: Brady
    DPOY: Donald
    OROY: Hunt
    DROY: Lattimore
    Coach: McVay
    Comeback: KA13
    WP MOTY: JJ Watt

    SB: Steelers over Vikings
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 2537
    Reputation : 660
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Pain on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm

    Who jumped off the Vikings?

    Fuck- how good is sport?
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 3665
    Reputation : 1041
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NFL 2017

    Post by Krump on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:26 pm

    @Pain wrote:Who jumped off the Vikings?

    Fuck- how good is sport?
    Great to watch. That Saints DB is gonna have nightmares over that for years.

      Current date/time is Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:08 pm