NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

NFL 2017 - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 pm

leaguegod wrote:re 9ers:

Positives: D has been good despite getting smashed in time of possession due our offenses inability to stay on the field. tired late in both games but ultimately played well. hopefully Reid and ward aint out to long, we'll struggle without them.

Hyde has started the season well again, just waiting for that first injury to hit and hamper him all season like the last 2

Negatives:

The passing game is god damn awful, alot of it is howyer but goodwin and others have dropped some shockers that havn't helped him too. you can't win games have a passing game averaging like 4 yards per attempt, you just can't

we won't win more then 4 games, but hopefully the D continues to improve, if we get 1 side of the ball to be consistently above average, then there may be a light at the end of this dark tunnel. there is quality youngsters on our D that will only get better too

9ers will be the real deal next year. The D is coming along really well and next draft is DEEP at QB - youll find your answer. Surely the temptation for home town boy Darnold is too much to resist... plus the pairing with qb whisperer kyle shananananananhan. Still short receivers (trading Vance at TE was a head scratcher) but things are looking up.

Next year you'll go 6-10/7-9 and be in the playoffs the year after. Basically the buccs, on a 3 year or so delay.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:25 pm

pretty happy i finally get to watch my team play live (working monday mornings is the absolute worst for an aussie NFL fan) instead of later on replay.

Jags are supposed to the sentimental home team given their experience in playing over in London, but all i've seen and heard says that the Ravens are gathering a lot of support with the way they are going about this trip, flew Ray Lewis and Johnathan Ogden over with them and have been very active in promoting the game and the team, meanwhile the Jaguars have been basically sight unseen all week

Brandon Williams out is pretty big, but our D is still full of stars and the pre-season showed we have plenty of depth than can help make Bortles sees ghosts and Fournette sees stars.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 pm

surmo13 wrote:pretty happy i finally get to watch my team play live (working monday mornings is the absolute worst for an aussie NFL fan) instead of later on replay.

Jags are supposed to the sentimental home team given their experience in playing over in London, but all i've seen and heard says that the Ravens are gathering a lot of support with the way they are going about this trip, flew Ray Lewis and Johnathan Ogden over with them and have been very active in promoting the game and the team, meanwhile the Jaguars have been basically sight unseen all week

Brandon Williams out is pretty big, but our D is still full of stars and the pre-season showed we have plenty of depth than can help make Bortles sees ghosts and Fournette sees stars.
    Mosley and Smith return TD each

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:09 am

ugh, could be a really long game for us, though the first quarter we just look off in every facet, especially our D, just giving Bortles a lot of time and easy completions

offensive line might as well not even exist for all the help they've been, i miss Yanda already

not even through a half of football and we've lost Urban and Maclin, probably for the season the way things are going for us on that front.

if this team never travels to London again, that would be cool with me, this is embarrassing.

Jefferson down...

fuck me, down 23 and Flacco's first look is the RB flanked by defenders for 2 yard gains

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:18 am

140 minutes of football this weekend for a 7-74 total score and a few grumpy days ahead, why the fuck am I a sports fan?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:23 am

I dont know which win is more surprising this week. Jags, Bills, Bears, Jets or Colts.

Although, being favourites for the first time in 8 years or something and losing is the most Cleveland thing they could have done.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:59 pm

ryno_ wrote:I dont know which win is more surprising this week. Jags, Bills, Bears, Jets or Colts.

Although, being favourites for the first time in 8 years or something and losing is the most Cleveland thing they could have done.

what a bizarre week of results, maybe the players spent a little too much time focusing on how they were going to protest the orange dictator and not enough time on how they were going to beat their opponents.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm

surmo13 wrote:

what a bizarre week of results, maybe the players spent a little too much time focusing on how they were going to protest the orange dictator and not enough time on how they were going to beat their opponents.

Yeah. Kind of (pleasantly) surprised at how unified the players were, even Trump fans like the filthy cheat Brady were linking arms.

Steelers is probably the most note worthy protest, they were the only team that seemed to be in disagreement in how to handle it.

Raiders finished off the week of baffling results.

Really disappointed in the Broncos. They needed that win in the division, since Chiefs have a win over the Pats up their sleeve.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:32 am

surmo13 wrote:
    not even through a half of football and we've lost Urban and Maclin, probably for the season the way things are going for us on that front.

got 1 out of 2... just to put the Ravens injury woes into perspective, this from their daily team news column:

“The Ravens are currently carrying 81 players on their Cap (53-man roster, 16 on IR, 10 on PS) after only the 3rd week of the season,” wrote Russell Street Report’s Brian McFarland. “That number is five more than the next closest team and 10 above the league average for IR’d players. As a comparison, the Ravens ended the 2016 season with ‘only’ 80 players counting against the Cap. They’ve now already surpassed that.”

and that's before Urban's addition to IR, so make that 82

Post by Guest Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 am

Another inept offensive display to go with a loss, ive been a big Flacco defender over the years, I don’t know if his back still giving him grief, but he’s just not good anymore, today marks his 10th successive game with an interception, I was one saying at the start of the season that signing Kaep didn’t make much sense for us, but shit, maybe it time to re-assess, because Flacco isn’t going to get us where we want to go, I have no faith that Mallett would take us there either, and politics aside he’s far and away the best fa qb out there
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 am

Issue is if Kaep will take backup QB pay or if he'll demand the same size contract he was on before.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Exactly the reason I was against it to start with, there was no reason to suggest Flacco was in danger of not being there for the season opener, thus no reason to pay top dollar for a back-up we had no intention of using, especially when we’ve spent every season I can remember playing patty cake with the cap limit...

As the season drags on and Kaep remains unemployed, surely his price goes down... although since I wrote the above, Ray Lewis has shed light on the pre-season dealings, saying that he was going to bat for Kaep and the Ravens were close to signing him until his girlfriend decided to make a post on Twitter comparing Lewis and Bisciotti to a slave who defended his slave owner in Django, which has probably burned the bridges there...
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:12 am

surmo13 wrote:Exactly the reason I was against it to start with, there was no reason to suggest Flacco was in danger of not being there for the season opener, thus no reason to pay top dollar for a back-up we had no intention of using, especially when we’ve spent every season I can remember playing patty cake with the cap limit...

As the season drags on and Kaep remains unemployed, surely his price goes down... although since I wrote the above, Ray Lewis has shed light on the pre-season dealings, saying that he was going to bat for Kaep and the Ravens were close to signing him until his girlfriend decided to make a post on Twitter comparing Lewis and Bisciotti to a slave who defended his slave owner in Django, which has probably burned the bridges there...

I didn't know that little story. WAGs need to just stay in their lane and stfu.

So are the Bills a real deal team all of a sudden? I was willing to write the Denver win off as a fluke... home game, denver travelling east traditionally are bad - but theyve gone and knocked off the Falcons away. Thats impressive. Played 3 of the last 4 SB teams and walked away with 2 wins and 0TDs conceded against the third. Impressive.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:43 pm

god its been a weird year

pats look clear favs

AFC may have the 2 best teams with steelers rolling aswell but the depth in the confrence is a bit of a joke this year. the bottom 4 i currently jags, titans, chiefs, ra and ravens, yuck

NFC meanwhile is full of surprising teams who look pretty good but its hard to see them beating the pats if they met in the superbowl
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 am

leaguegod wrote:god its been a weird year

pats look clear favs

AFC may have the 2 best teams with steelers rolling aswell but the depth in the confrence is a bit of a joke this year. the bottom 4 i currently  jags, titans, chiefs, ra and ravens, yuck

NFC meanwhile is full of surprising teams who look pretty good but its hard to see them beating the pats if they met in the superbowl

Pats are faves? They look beatable imo. Chiefs and Steelers are both more rounded teams. Going to have a scope around and see if anybody will take a bet for Jags to win next season. They get better every game they play together. The other contender teams are still too young and will be hard to beat next year. Rams/Eagles/Vikes look like they could go far but teams never win the SB on their first year of being a contender. Saints will be very hard to beat, their D is playing very good and they have a great mix of experience and youth on the O. Seattle v Falcons today will decide the last wildcard spot, should be a cracker.

Broncos have started clearing the coaches. About damn time. The DC needs to go aswell. Before the weekends game, our CBs had given up 60yds, 0TD in the last 2 weeks. Rest of the defence - 240yd, 5 TDs. Theyve been getting out schemed every single week.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:38 am

the pats are beatable but i'm not convinced the chasers have it in them, other then perhaps the steelers

i was loving the chiefs early but they have been awful lately

even the jags have played some pretty awful football lately, i just can't see a blake bortles led team winning 3-4 playoff games, no matter how good his D and running game are

agree about the NFC, vikes, eagles, rams all look good but you just can't see them winning it all, saints do have the tools tho

hawks have to many holes, D isn't as good as it was (especially with sherman gone) and their O-line is to awful to cut it later on, falcons and panthers still have the tools to make a run if they get their shit together

Post by Guest Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:26 pm

i just don't understand, no matter what you think about Flacco, the one thing that can't be denied is that he could throw the ball over the stadium if he wanted to,and yet we're running this silly offense designed to only pick up 5 or so yards at a time, regardless of whether it's 1st and 1 or 3rd and 30
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:10 am

surmo13 wrote:i just don't understand, no matter what you think about Flacco, the one thing that can't be denied is that he could throw the ball over the stadium if he wanted to,and yet we're running this silly offense designed to only pick up 5 or so yards at a time, regardless of whether it's 1st and 1 or 3rd and 30
    NFL 2017 - Page 24 SNNaAnH
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:25 am

surmo13 wrote:i just don't understand, no matter what you think about Flacco, the one thing that can't be denied is that he could throw the ball over the stadium if he wanted to,and yet we're running this silly offense designed to only pick up 5 or so yards at a time, regardless of whether it's 1st and 1 or 3rd and 30

It makes sense - playing ball control football. Short passes, hard runs, tough D. Control the clock.

And you don't really have the speed out wide do you? Like, past years the Ravens have had absolute jets running the seam. This year... Wallace is old, Maclin isnt a speed guy, Perriman is quick but hasn't been as good as advertised pre-draft.

From the outside looking in, old school pounding the rock and a hard arse D seem to be the Ravens strengths.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 am

i think the ravens still miss torrey smith

he was never worth the money we paid for him and hasn't done much in philly either, he's a one trick pony but it happens to be 1 trick that worked pretty good for flacco and made that offense as a whole much more dangerous

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 am