NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL 2017

Mearcats
    Mearcats

NFL 2017 - Page 12 Empty Re: NFL 2017

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Yeah, Denver certainly didn't play fantastically. The penalties were killer and Lambo kept kicking em all day. Thought Siemian picked good options WHEN they we're available, they just weren't there enough.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:57 pm

Mearcats wrote:Don't say that too loudly @Revraiser, @Welshy may get his hopes up only to have the Chuggers find some way to choke again in the dying moments of the game.

Deserve a win hey. Chugged it out. I wanted to stream Lambo as kicker today but he was all sewn up. Whodathunkit.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Yeah, I was tossing up between he and Novak and went Novak. May regret that. You should've done it in L2 for us mate!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Can't be overly happy with that result after throwing away all 4 of our losses and digging too deep a hole, unless we beat the Falcons next week and double down on the donkeys which we won't season already over...What about Bosa though! cheer
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:07 pm

Also how fucking good were those Chargers Colour rush jerseys?

Sweet AF

going to get me a Bosa 99 for sure
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:40 am

Welshy wrote:Also how fucking good were those Chargers Colour rush jerseys?

Sweet AF

going to get me a Bosa 99 for sure

Better then the Denver ones. Gross.

Miami have had the best so far, though the Cards & 9ers ones both look sweet.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Interesting finish there to the Colts v Texans game. I was in the process of typing up a rant on how shite Osweiler is only for him to throw HST back into the game in the last 8 minutes.

Not sure that makes him a viable QB option as of yet or not and something has to be said about the inability to close out the match on Indys behalf when they were 23-9 up. Pretty poor.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Mearcats wrote:Yeah, I was tossing up between he and Novak and went Novak. May regret that. You should've done it in L2 for us mate!

Haha wouldnt date alter ur team randomly, it would.no doubt bomb out the day i did.
    Im inclined to include something from fridays game, gives a lil extra to follow at work. Tend to do the same in the Nrl fantasy on thurs night match. Ive probably captained the most Thursday night players than anyone else lol!

Cant believe the finish to the HST game also. The TD tbat made it 23-16 was just a few quick passes once they had it, whirlwind.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:01 pm

For a guy who prior getting into this fantasy malarkey (thanks @Welshy) had watched a grand total of two games in his entire life, I am finding myself getting more and more interested as the weeks go by.

I still don't get some of the subtle nuances of the game but at least I know the rules and understand most general play etc now. Lol.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:15 pm

Mearcats wrote:For a guy who prior getting into this fantasy malarkey (thanks @Welshy) had watched a grand total of two games in his entire life, I am finding myself getting more and more interested as the weeks go by.

I still don't get some of the subtle nuances of the game but at least I know the rules and understand most general play etc now. Lol.

Yeah u just have to love the game as a unique sport. Dont go comparing to leavue or union or.any other sport. Its technical, and to 'busy' for some.
    You've done well mate, picked it up quickly.
    My introduction was via John Madden when the first game was released in 1988, hook line and sinker ! Picked the Packers and have followed the real game since then.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 pm

Not too bad a game today. Cardinal and in particular DJ were massive. That bloke is stupid, just always looking for work. Huge game for he and his owners. On the flip side, Jets just look rubbish. I know that's harsh but the reality is, I don't see them threatening anybody with their current plays and structure in offence and their D seems pretty uninterested.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Mearcats wrote:Not too bad a game today. Cardinal and in particular DJ were massive. That bloke is stupid, just always looking for work. Huge game for he and his owners. On the flip side, Jets just look rubbish. I know that's harsh but the reality is, I don't see them threatening anybody with their current plays and structure in offence and their D seems pretty uninterested.

They're missing Decker more then I thought they would. They literally have no second option outside of Marshall - I mean, they have Forte but they arent using him as frequently as they need to be. On paper they have the team to be better their record shows but theyve made some interesting choices that I don't see the thinking behind.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 pm

ryno_ wrote:

They're missing Decker more then I thought they would. They literally have no second option outside of Marshall - I mean, they have Forte but they arent using him as frequently as they need to be. On paper they have the team to be better their record shows but theyve made some interesting choices that I don't see the thinking behind.

Pretty much exactly what I was referring to but without knowing the exact reasons behind it. Having not followed the NFL before it's hard to know what teams are reliant upon what players but since watching since the beginning of this season it's not the troops that are lacking (although that area aint fantastic either) but more the structures. Forte was working out for them earlier in the year so why go away from that if it was working. 

And now with Bowles yanking Ryan F, despite stating that "he'll remain the starter", you'd have to think that the Jets are looking a little worse for wear. I'm not sure the blame can rest on his shoulders and Smith didn't seem to offer that much more. They needa look at their plays and structures if they're planning on turning things around.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Pretty much exactly what I was referring to but without knowing the exact reasons behind it. Having not followed the NFL before it's hard to know what teams are reliant upon what players but since watching since the beginning of this season it's not the troops that are lacking (although that area aint fantastic either) but more the structures. Forte was working out for them earlier in the year so why go away from that if it was working. 

And now with Bowles yanking Ryan F, despite stating that "he'll remain the starter", you'd have to think that the Jets are looking a little worse for wear. I'm not sure the blame can rest on his shoulders and Smith didn't seem to offer that much more. They needa look at their plays and structures if they're planning on turning things around.

Geno Smith isnt the answer. He's a proven spud, still living off 1 good college game. Petty & Hackenburger arent much better. Even though their thin, its madness to have 4 QBs on the roster when you dont have any options for the QB to throw to.  Their OLine is really good. They have a premier receiver and a premier running back. Fitz isnt a terrible QB and went well under the same system last season. Their DBs are above average and DL should be a top 5 group.

Hartline and Avant are available free agents, mad if they dont give them a call.

Theyve had a ridiculously tough schedule so far, they need to keep the faith that their system that worked last year will get them through the back half of the season. Looking ahead, they have 4 road games left (Browns, 9ers, Pats, Phins) and 6 home games (Ravens, Rams, Colts, Pats, Bills, Phins). If they can go 8-2 for that, theyll be in the mix for a wildcard - which is very possible with their personnel. They just need momentum to get there.

The only thing they have going for them over all else is a flawless divisional record. So if they can drag themselves into contention, they are in the box set for tiebreakers.

Having said those last 2 paragraphs, stick a fork in them. They're done. Depressingly. I had them penciled in for a playoff spot after preseason - even after week 2 I thought theyd be there.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:36 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Geno Smith isnt the answer. He's a proven spud, still living off 1 good college game. Petty & Hackenburger arent much better. Even though their thin, its madness to have 4 QBs on the roster when you dont have any options for the QB to throw to.  Their OLine is really good. They have a premier receiver and a premier running back. Fitz isnt a terrible QB and went well under the same system last season. Their DBs are above average and DL should be a top 5 group.

Hartline and Avant are available free agents, mad if they dont give them a call.

Theyve had a ridiculously tough schedule so far, they need to keep the faith that their system that worked last year will get them through the back half of the season. Looking ahead, they have 4 road games left (Browns, 9ers, Pats, Phins) and 6 home games (Ravens, Rams, Colts, Pats, Bills, Phins). If they can go 8-2 for that, theyll be in the mix for a wildcard - which is very possible with their personnel. They just need momentum to get there.

The only thing they have going for them over all else is a flawless divisional record. So if they can drag themselves into contention, they are in the box set for tiebreakers.

Having said those last 2 paragraphs, stick a fork in them. They're done. Depressingly. I had them penciled in for a playoff spot after preseason - even after week 2 I thought theyd be there.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any way back from where they currently are, even with some astute market moves. Four QB's is absolute overkill, especially when you are lacking a bit of depth elsewhere and you're first string QB isn't known for repeatedly being injured.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 am

Mearcats wrote:

Yeah, I'm not seeing any way back from where they currently are, even with some astute market moves. Four QB's is absolute overkill, especially when you are lacking a bit of depth elsewhere and you're first string QB isn't known for repeatedly being injured.

I can see the way back - I just cant see them taking it unless Forte gets the ball 25 times a game and someone steps up to take receiving pressure off Marshall.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:06 pm

Fitz is a spud as well living off 1 decent season, just a mediocre gunslinger with a good beard! If i was the jets id be dangling a first rounder in front of the chargers and trying to get Rivers
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 am

Bears to knock the Packers off today.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:59 am

Welshy wrote:Fitz is a spud as well living off 1 decent season, just a mediocre gunslinger with a good beard! If i was the jets id be dangling a first rounder in front of the chargers and trying to get Rivers

Fitz has had more then 1 good season - he was pretty good when he was in Houston, had at least 1 good season in Buffalo and last season was pretty good. Even this season, against the Bills he was pretty sharp.

Id be going after Brees - Rivers has a trade veto clause in his contract and I doubt he'll up root his wife and 14 kids.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Fitz has had more then 1 good season - he was pretty good when he was in Houston, had at least 1 good season in Buffalo and last season was pretty good. Even this season, against the Bills he was pretty sharp.

Id be going after Brees - Rivers has a trade veto clause in his contract and I doubt he'll up root his wife and 14 kids.

Fitz has been the definition of mediocre mostly for the entirity of his career mate, backup...plays half decent for a stretch then gets dumped

How about Joey Bosa??? wowsers wasn't expecting this type of impact early?

who you got this week fella @ryno_

don't think we can do the double over you, I'm going to say Donkeys 27 Chargers 16

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am