NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 5 Match Thread

Round 5 Match Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Round 5 Match Thread

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:27 pm

Brilliant stuff from Niko.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Finch wrote:I cant really get into this game. I think its because I know the Broncos are going to win, I just don't know by how much.

22-4 right now. After the next try, I'm switching over to the PS4.
    I am starting to feel the same way, the first half was looking good but the Titans just look defeated now, with no one sparking their attack.

(Btw what are you playing?)
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Random wrote:
    I am starting to feel the same way, the first half was looking good but the Titans just look defeated now, with no one sparking their attack.

Im quite into Star Wars BF right now, lvl 49 right now, nearly 50.

How about you?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:37 pm

Finch wrote:
    Random wrote:

Im quite into Star Wars BF right now, lvl 49 right now, nearly 50.

How about you?

Actually recently picked up Elder Scrolls Online to play through with some mates which has been pretty sweet when we all get time. I was enjoying BF but it didn't have that much content which bothered me. I also grabbed UFC 2 today and god I got my ass handed to me in that.

Titans on the come back and Taia with some form.. It stings to see it considering I had him at the start of the year.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Random wrote:

Actually recently picked up Elder Scrolls Online to play through with some mates which has been pretty sweet when we all get time. I was enjoying BF but it didn't have that much content which bothered me. I also grabbed UFC 2 today and god I got my ass handed to me in that.

Titans on the come back and Taia with some form.. It stings to see it considering I had him at the start of the year.

Ahh yeah. I've wanted to try a RPG game, but worried about the time I would sink into it. BF just got updated recently, new weapons, new contracts, new maps etc, its pretty sweet.

And yes, Titans are coming back now. Glad I didn't switch it off. Still think the Broncos will take it in normal time.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:43 pm

Finch wrote:
    Random wrote:

Ahh yeah. I've wanted to try a RPG game, but worried about the time I would sink into it. BF just got updated recently, new weapons, new contracts, new maps etc, its pretty sweet.

And yes, Titans are coming back now. Glad I didn't switch it off. Still think the Broncos will take it in normal time.

Oh I will definitely have to check it out and yeah ESO is looking like it may be a massive time sink to get deep into the game.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Apparently there must be a paragraph in the rule book that states opponents v the Broncos can't be penalised for high shots

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:00 am

Lol, Erin Molan asks new recruit Ash Taylor what's different for the Titans compared to previous years...

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:14 am

Game would have gone down to the wire if Shillo was playing. Titans always lift vs the Broncos.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:26 am

surmo13 wrote:Apparently there must be a paragraph in the rule book that states opponents v the Broncos can't be penalised for high shots
    Wasn't the penalty count 6-3 in favour of your mob? Shocked

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:52 am

Archer wrote:
    Wasn't the penalty count 6-3 in favour of your mob? Shocked

I like how penalty counts are used as arguments for ref bias and have nothing to do with a teams discipline... But either way, it would've been 9-3 if the Titans were penalised for high tackles
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:57 am

surmo13 wrote:

I like how penalty counts are used as arguments for ref bias and have nothing to do with a teams discipline... But either way, it would've been 9-3 if the Titans were penalised for high tackles
    I wasn't making an argument for either of those actually, I was thinking a game where the away team received double the number of penalties as the home team is an odd one to pick at ref decisions.

I'm sure if you went back through it you could find plenty of opportunities to penalise the Broncos as well that weren't taken if you really wanted to. Listening to the radio as a neutral observer it certainly didn't sound like the Broncos were particularly hard done by or the Titans lucky.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:20 am

surmo13 wrote:Lol, Erin Molan asks new recruit Ash Taylor what's different for the Titans compared to previous years...
    Yeah I saw that it made me laugh.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:36 am

Archer wrote:
    I wasn't making an argument for either of those actually, I was thinking a game where the away team received double the number of penalties as the home team is an odd one to pick at ref decisions.

I'm sure if you went back through it you could find plenty of opportunities to penalise the Broncos as well that weren't taken if you really wanted to. Listening to the radio as a neutral observer it certainly didn't sound like the Broncos were particularly hard done by or the Titans lucky.

If these were subjective decisions that I disagreed with then sure, I'd leave them alone, but high tackles are as clear as it comes - you hit some-one in the head, you get penalised, except it happened 3 times for 0 penalties, once on Kahu early in the game which would've put us on their goal-line, once on Boyd backed up in our half when the Titans were getting the ascendancy & once more on Gillett right in front of the sticks at the death with a lead of 6, all cut-&-dry situations that would've impacted the Titans ability to get as close as they did.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:23 am

surmo13 wrote:

If these were subjective decisions that I disagreed with then sure, I'd leave them alone, but high tackles are as clear as it comes - you hit some-one in the head, you get penalised, except it happened 3 times for 0 penalties, once on Kahu early in the game which would've put us on their goal-line, once on Boyd backed up in our half when the Titans were getting the ascendancy & once more on Gillett right in front of the sticks at the death with a lead of 6, all cut-&-dry situations that would've impacted the Titans ability to get as close as they did.

I mean you can break down anything to be that simple if you want. The player is either onside or off, they either knocked it on or not etc. In reality though its never that straight forward and in fact I saw a few people claiming the Gillet tackle hit his shoulder whilst complaining that apparently an obvious Milford knock on was let go. Can't say I was able to see either through the power of the radio but it is likely that the rub of the green couldn't have been too rough at 6-3.

Anyway I won't change your mind and the important thing is you got the two points so grats on the win.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:01 am

surmo13 wrote:

The Broncos and Wayne Bennett are the most baby sitted sides in the comp, put them together and you've got yourself a clear run to the finals, too bad they choke without routing the salary cap. #thoroughbreds #hatersgunnahate #drugsaregoodmkay #honeysfucked
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:52 am

Honeysett wrote:

The Broncos and Wayne Bennett are the most baby sitted sides in the comp, put them together and you've got yourself a clear run to the finals, too bad they choke without routing the salary cap. #thoroughbreds #hatersgunnahate #drugsaregoodmkay #honeysfucked

Someone had a holiday at home last night! Dance
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:50 am

Honeysett wrote:

1 Like is not enough, so much going on in this single post

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Archer wrote:
    1 Like is not enough, so much going on in this single post
    I like how he only said Finals footy as the Knights didnt even make a GF with Bennett in charge. No excuses lol!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Bren wrote:
    I like how he only said Finals footy as the Knights didnt even make a GF with Bennett in charge. No excuses lol!

Fun fact, knights GF winning percentage is 100%

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm