NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

leaguegod

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 3 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:11 am

ps we need a fucking goal kicker, holland might be the next daryl halligan and get a spot just because he can kick

holland aint even a brilliant kicker but he is a much better option then mbye

despite how outplayed we were last night, it was only 3 tries to 2, some ill discipline gifted canberra points too but we stay alive in the game for longer if we convert our tries for once
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:53 am

Trex trip how many weeks ?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:06 am

its no worse then the korobiete one who actually would have been free to play without priors, not sure if trex is clean re carry overs or not. did miss alot of footy last year so could be clean for carry overs

it should be worth 3-4 weeks but we knows its actually 0-1 weeks

he will also be charged for a crusher tho, which means 2 early guilty pleas would mean a week.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 am

If you get charged twice and take the early guilty pleas, doesn't the second charge get loading for a non-similar prior charge? From memory a few years ago Travis Burns got something rediculous like 18 weeks for 3 or 4 charges in the one game, and I thought they applied loading (but it might have been loading from a prior match).
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:42 am

BJ for the raiders didn't have any loading added for the charge sheet when he had 2 charges in Round 2

burns probs already had loading, he seemed to get charged all the time
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:37 pm

trex avoided the crusher tackle charge, reckon the judiciary finding them all not guilty rattled the MRC lol

he escapes suspesnion for the tripping, like koro, he got a grade 1, really don't see the point of the grades, they tripped on purpose, how can you trip 4 grades worse (kicking would be a different charge imo )

not only is he free to play, he only carries 56 points forward, we are often suspending players for offenses that imo should be result in more fines/warnings but when you trip a guy on purpose, that should be automatic suspension. the system is backwards.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:04 am

Did not see that coming, the Broncs had some class out but we were still a few short too and putting 40 on them seemed very improbable

Couple of the bronc forwards probs had their worst games of the year tbh, Gillet and Blair in particular and poor Waddell wasn't ready to go 80

We really did put on some nice tries too

Was great having bmoz, despite his injuries he still has the explosiveness that his brother has lost over time

Kasiano try was amazingly hilarious

When I heard of rona to union, I thought would be a shame but can't go break the bank on a winger, if he plays like that at centre more often, we'll have to keep him

Was really happy for Jacko, I know klem was backing up too but he barely played and you could tell Jacko gave absolutely everything on Wednesday and then copped that spray from McGuire, I would have hated McGuire getting another one over him.

Weird to see us level with the Broncs but we're the type of team that beats the Broncs one week and loses to the 15th place roosters the next week, watch it happen
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:29 am

pretty convinced that we'll lose tonight

1) our trend this year is still to play terrible after every good performance
    2) short turnaround, for the 2 origin boys its 3 games in 8 days
    3) roosters will be up for a big one, fresh off a bye with easily their best team on paper named all year. i reckon they'll be more up for it then we are

they're firming a little, but still $2.55 if you're looking for a good value bet
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Considering the line is +4.5, $2.55 does seem overs

*EDIT - But from experience, don't be greedy that's why you take the line at reduced odds. Takes twice as long to recoup the bank than it does to forfeit the extra 0.6%

Thanks for the local knowledge.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:22 am

performance wasn't brilliant and few chooks bombed tries helped us but still happy with that result, roosters played as good as they have most of the year and we came out on flat on the back of a short turn around, stuck with it and got away with it the end

i like that we're really starting to swing the ball, we've got a big pack but we've also got some talent on the edges, good to see us using it
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:01 am

taking parra out of the equation, i can't believe we're in the top 4 if storm get up tonight, been such a hot and cold start till the last 3 weeks

i think broncs are primed for a bounce back tonight personally and our top 4 stay will be short lived.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 am

top 4 stay certainly was short lived, in hindsight, its kind of amazing we are one of the best 8 teams in the comp with our attack

i give us an outside chance against penny, we still defend well and play good in the middle, if penny give us some soft tries, we'll suddenly have a chance but even if we spring an upset this week, as soon as we run into a well structured defensive team, we're gone

changes are needed, i think we may need to go a further step backwards before we really move forward, we still have players to be competitive but whats the point of bowing out in week 1 or 2 of the finals. we need a fresh start and maybe for that we need to move on from some players, have a 1 or 2 long years and hopefully bounce back like we always do.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 am

Is it just me or has Mbye stopped taking the line on alltogether?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:19 am

i think he has been trying to run recently, even getting the ball in the middle to have a run

but ultimately we've become so predictable on the left edge that no one has time to do anything, mbye needs to improve his short kicking game(massively), he needs defenders to be worried of a grubber behind them so they don't rush up with no fear

there is so much space for the grubber but the few times he does kick it, its a shocker
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:40 am

leaguegod wrote:top 4 stay certainly was short lived, in hindsight, its kind of amazing we are one of the best 8 teams in the comp with our attack

i give us an outside chance against penny, we still defend well and play good in the middle, if penny give us some soft tries, we'll suddenly have a chance but even if we spring an upset this week, as soon as we run into a well structured defensive team, we're gone

changes are needed, i think we may need to go a further step backwards before we really move forward, we still have players to be competitive but whats the point of bowing out in week 1 or 2 of the finals. we need a fresh start and maybe for that we need to move on from some players, have a 1 or 2 long years and hopefully bounce back like we always do.

On your day you can beat most teams on the back of your forward pack.
    The problem being your mob so regularly run that same play with Graham/Tolman first receiver and a 2nd man pass to Jrey/Mbye....that any team who have done their research simply shut in and belt either Jrey/Mbye or the poor bastard outside of them.

When they do play a more impromptu style during patches e.g. with a shitload of offloads from the likes of Kasiano, Eastwood, Klem and TRex...they look bloody dangerous.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:59 am

we can compete with most teams for large period but i'm not sure we can beat any of the top 5 this year because our attack is just to predictable

kasiano always changes the game and because he draws so many players in, that 15-20 minutes he plays actually gives jrey/mbye space, Kasiano is a huge in for us this week but we can't rely on scoring all our points in 20 minutes during the finals

i respect tolman effort but with graham getting a bit older and becoming more work horse, less creativity, i can't see us being competitive with the top teams with both of them in the team. Graham is still vital to our success but i think we need to move tolman on, put klemmer up front and move beast back to lock. i think our balance 1-17 is not there.

having 2 6's, no halfback and not creativity out of fullback and hooker has caught up with us. i think jrey/mbye can play their roles effectively but i'm

a) not certain they can co-exist with neither being an organizer
    b) 100% sure they need a fullback or hooker that can take the pressure off them, atm we have neither
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Is the interchange reducing next year? If so Eastwoods time might be coming to a close unless he seriously picks up fitness. You guys will be right though
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:57 pm

eastwood churned in some quality 80 minute performance earlier in the year, he had a few injuries since that point and that has seen his minutes decline a bit but a reducing interchange doesn't really bother me, with the emergence of klemmer playing big minutes, we have a bunch of big minute forwards.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Didn't Bulldogs just re-sign Beastwood? I like him. never been the fittest, but a huge heart to go with the huge gut. Old school frame in a new, brave world Wink

I reckon I'm the only one backing the 'Dogs this week. They're at least a 2nd week finalist. Good luck y'all.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:45 pm

leaguegod wrote:eastwood churned in some quality 80 minute performance earlier in the year, he had a few injuries since that point and that has seen his minutes decline a bit but a reducing interchange doesn't really bother me, with the emergence of klemmer playing big minutes, we have a bunch of big minute forwards.

Wait.

80 minutes??? Seriously? Across how many games??!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm