NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024 Empty Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 20:33

Hope everyone has enjoyed the somewhat disjointed start to the year. Will be using this as my brain dump from week to week and if anyone has anything they want to say then fire away.

Team for Week 1.

Have gone somewhat heavy in WFB with 3 guys that could average 50+ for the year.

Like most I’m struggling with the cheapies that are available this year but hopefully have found a nice balance of those I’m happy to play in the 17 and those that will sit in 18-21.

Cheese
    Haas, Elliot, Toups
    Wong, Piakura
    Cleary, Fog
    Kiraz, Kris*
    Turbo, Papy, Rapana

Smithies, Hutch, Levi, Salmon
    Burbo*, Strange, Chan, Hughes.

Not sure I’m overly comfortable with my investment in Raiders/Doggies but it is what it is this year.

If you have any thoughts on the setup then let me know
    Ando
    Ando

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024 Empty Re: Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Post by Ando Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 21:21

Great first draft that mate, very well balanced. Good luck for the season!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 21:34

Ando wrote:Great first draft that mate, very well balanced. Good luck for the season!

Cheers mate.

The next 24 hours will be full of knee jerk reactions to any news article that pops up proclaiming that player x has trained the house down
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 20:29

Bit of a late update. 

Round 1 - 770 and rank of 7k

Cheese
    Haas(c), Smithies, Toops
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary, Fog
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Rapana, Paps

Lussick, Hutch, Salmon, Luki
    Kris, Levi, Chan, Hughes

Apart from sillybugger due to HIAs and pesky injuries it wasn’t a terrible round. Got most of the benchings right and the captaincy gamble worked nicely for one week.

As it stands I think I can get away with a no trade week even though there are some interesting options popping up. 180k in the bank can wait till next week
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 21:25

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Bit of a late update. 

Round 1 - 770 and rank of 7k

Cheese
    Haas(c), Smithies, Toops
    Piakura, Wong
    Cleary, Fog
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Rapana, Paps

Lussick, Hutch, Salmon, Luki
    Kris, Levi, Chan, Hughes

Apart from sillybugger due to HIAs and pesky injuries it wasn’t a terrible round. Got most of the benchings right and the captaincy gamble worked nicely for one week.

As it stands I think I can get away with a no trade week even though there are some interesting options popping up. 180k in the bank can wait till next week

It's a well balanced team so can definitely wait a week and hold. Are you starting Strange over Kris?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 21:45

Ando wrote:

It's a well balanced team so can definitely wait a week and hold. Are you starting Strange over Kris?
    Sorry man that was my team from last week.

Definitely playing Kris over Strange this week. Apart from that there are no changes
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 12:48

Round 2 and I wanted another look at everyone so didn’t make any hasty trades. 

Things havnt gone well at all and my team will need some renovations.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 13:12

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Round 2 and I wanted another look at everyone so didn’t make any hasty trades. 

Things havnt gone well at all and my team will need some renovations.

Cheer up bulldog

You had elliot in your team
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 13:52

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Cheer up bulldog

You had elliot in your team
    Haha I look at him in my initial draft and I shed a tear
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 20:06

Round 3 Trades

Haas > May
    Luki > Curran

At the end of Round 2 I was adamant I’d be ridding myself of any and all Roosters/Bulldogs plaguing my squad. Fast forward to today and looks like I'm adding two more. Don’t know why I do this to myself.

Last year I was far too late or far too stubborn to get on guys like May/Curran who seem to have very good roles for fantasy this season. So I’ve decided even without full information to just dive in and see what happens. Should hopefully add to the fun factor.

Team this week:

Cheese
    May, Smithies, Curran
    Piakura, Sitili
    Cleary, Fog
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papy, Rapana

Lussick, Hutch, Salmon, Chan
    Wong, Kris, Levi, Hughes

Not the strongest bench you will ever see this week with Wong and Kris not available and no trust in either Levi/Hughes to contribute in a meaningful way just yet.

Hopefully one of those two back next week leaves me looking fairly good going forward. Galvin will probably be added next week, just doesn’t seem to be a strong enough team if I bring him in this week as I think the Sharks limit him quite a bit this week

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 7:15; edited 1 time in total
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 20:21

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Round 3 Trades

Wong > May
    Luki > Curran

At the end of Round 2 I was adamant I’d be ridding myself of any and all Roosters/Bulldogs plaguing my squad. Fast forward to today and looks like I'm adding two and only getting rid of one. Don’t know why I do this to myself.

Last year I was far too late or far too stubborn to get on guys like May/Curran who seem to have very good roles for fantasy this season. So I’ve decided even without full information to just dive in and see what happens. Should hopefully add to the fun factor.

Team this week:

Cheese
    May, Smithies, Curran
    Piakura, Sitili
    Cleary, Fog
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Papy, Rapana

Lussick, Hutch, Salmon, Chan
    Haas, Kris, Levi, Hughes

Not the strongest bench you will ever see this week with Haas and Kris not available and no trust in either Levi/Hughes to contribute in a meaningful way just yet.

Hopefully those two back next week leaves me looking fairly good going forward. Galvin will probably be added next week, just doesn’t seem to be a strong enough team if I bring him in this week as I think the Sharks limit him quite a bit this week

Hey mate, Yeah good trades. Not sold on Curran entirely I wanna see his minutes without a game ending injury first but yeah I see the appeal. With Haas and Kris playing early your loopability is limited. You could see what Piakura scores but that's about it.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 21:10

King Assassin wrote:

Hey mate, Yeah good trades. Not sold on Curran entirely I wanna see his minutes without a game ending injury first but yeah I see the appeal. With Haas and Kris playing early your loopability is limited. You could see what Piakura scores but that's about it.
    Finished writing all of that and then the Haas news puts a dampener on it all haha
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 21:56

I've done the exact same trades (and never thought I'd be so optimistic picking two $500+ benchies).
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 0:37

Haas news is unfortunate but I still like your trades.

Having the extra cash next week is helpful.maybe keep Wong if you really want to instead of Haas - easier to have the smaller red dot on the bench if you really want to move 2 other players next week. Unlikely but flexibility is always good. Also Wong “could” be named next week. Haas and Luki definitely won’t.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 7:16

Jumping Marlin wrote:I've done the exact same trades (and never thought I'd be so optimistic picking two $500+ benchies).  

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Haas news is unfortunate but I still like your trades.

Having the extra cash next week is helpful.maybe keep Wong if you really want to instead of Haas - easier to have the smaller red dot on the bench if you really want to move 2 other players next week. Unlikely but flexibility is always good. Also Wong “could” be named next week. Haas and Luki definitely won’t.

Cheers guys. Made the changes to the tracker so Haas and Luki are on the move. Leaves me a decent kitty of 450k to spend next week on some guns if need be
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 8:15

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Dude this 100%

I'm bringing in May and Lussick this week. I think both have great upside but it's a bit unknown if it will pay off. Like you said, at least it'll be fun owning Hass 2.0 for <600k
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu 21 Mar 2024 - 11:30

Snatchpato wrote:
    Dude this 100%

I'm bringing in May and Lussick this week. I think both have great upside but it's a bit unknown if it will pay off. Like you said, at least it'll be fun owning Hass 2.0 for <600k
    If I didn’t own Lussick already I’d be going him over Curran for sure. 

With Haas out for a little while it will be a great time for May to stand up and be the alpha prop in the comp 🤣
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 11:52

I like it mate, those ~500k guys who elevate to guns are vital—the upside of getting the right ones is worth chasing IMO.

My only thoughts would be if you're interested in Cotter with a more secure role over Curran? I've personally been tossing up similar with Cotter vs May - will probably still get May but Cotter's probably underpriced and the high ownership scares me.

Just food for thought, I think I still like the May + Curran play though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri 22 Mar 2024 - 17:23

mrbrownstone wrote:I like it mate, those ~500k guys who elevate to guns are vital—the upside of getting the right ones is worth chasing IMO.

My only thoughts would be if you're interested in Cotter with a more secure role over Curran? I've personally been tossing up similar with Cotter vs May - will probably still get May but Cotter's probably underpriced and the high ownership scares me.

Just food for thought, I think I still like the May + Curran play though.
    I do like Cotter as an option. Was looking at him earlier in the week as an option when I was trading out Wong and Luki but couldn’t come to a trade decision that I liked. Maybe now I have the cash in the bank it could be a good move. The fact he is only a MID may be a problem though. 

Will look at how things shake up. As it stands I don’t need to trade tonight so can enjoy the footy and get back to it tomorrow.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:34

Round 4 Trade/s

Wong to Galvin (527k in the bank)

Wow what a week this is going to be, don’t think I’ve seen anything like it to be honest. Hopefully this means teams will start to take different pathways and add some spice to the game.

Looking at just bringing in Galvin this week to get 17 on the field, will keep Cleary/Piakura for this week and see what updates we get about them next week. Not sure holding Piakura is the right play but hopefully pays off long term 🤞

Team for this week:

Cheese
    Cotter, May, Smithies
    Sitili, Salmon
    Fog (c), Hutch
    Burbo, Strange
    Turbo, Rapana, Kris

Lussick, Galvin, Levi, Hughes
    Cleary, Piakura, Papy, Chan

There is probably a clear case to be made for trading in a gun with the bank I have but hoping this week is just a bad week for everyone and can regroup next week.

Any thoughts, fire away

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 21:23; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024 - 7:57