NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - Page 4 Empty Re: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:56 pm

dasherhalo wrote:
    leaguegod wrote:eastwood churned in some quality 80 minute performance earlier in the year, he had a few injuries since that point and that has seen his minutes decline a bit but a reducing interchange doesn't really bother me, with the emergence of klemmer playing big minutes, we have a bunch of big minute forwards.

Wait.

80 minutes??? Seriously? Across how many games??!
    Lol

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:13 pm

lol

going back, he actually only got to 80 minutes once

but there was a string of 5 games where he averaged 69 minutes
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:33 am

needed to alot to go our way on sunday, it felt like it all went the other way

going in with a big bench, losing bmoz, 2 other spine members being off the bench for 15 min HIA test was always gonna see us to slow out wide, calls really didn't seem to go our way all game either but it wouldn't have changed anything

in most years as fan, when we bow out week 1 or earlier, its usually frustrating because the players seemingly didn't put in, i couldn't fault the effort of any player not named tony williams and maybe michael lichaa over the last month, they tried every week, it just became clear our offensive structures need an overhaul, i'm not on the fire Des bandwagon, we've made the finals every year since we got him after missing the last 2 without him, dogs fans are to precious some times but i think he does need to make big changes to how we play

Other observations:

* Bmoz knees aint up to fullback, leave him on the wing and pray Abbey is as good as they say he is
    * I'm ready to lock in that the ennis/lichaa swap was a diabolical fuck up even with ennis retiring this year
    * Klem played the last 69 minutes and did some great work for us, his game has evolved to the point where i think we can ship tolman, i think having both tolman and graham is working more in a negative way then a positive one these days

Happy perret got to play and got the last try and goal, his defense has been terrible for 2+ seasons but always tried his guts out and always seemed a good person

also happy for jackson winning the brad fittler medal, should easily win our best and fairest aswell

i'm on the cronulla bandwagon, hope ennis goes out a winner
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:41 am

leaguegod wrote:needed to alot to go our way on sunday, it felt like it all went the other way

going in with a big bench, losing bmoz, 2 other spine members being off the bench for 15 min HIA test was always gonna see us to slow out wide, calls really didn't seem to go our way all game either but it wouldn't have changed anything

in most years as fan, when we bow out week 1 or earlier, its usually frustrating because the players seemingly didn't put in, i couldn't fault the effort of any player not named tony williams and maybe michael lichaa over the last month, they tried every week, it just became clear our offensive structures need an overhaul, i'm not on the fire Des bandwagon, we've made the finals every year since we got him after missing the last 2 without him, dogs fans are to precious some times but i think he does need to make big changes to how we play

Other observations:

* Bmoz knees aint up to fullback, leave him on the wing and pray Abbey is as good as they say he is
    * I'm ready to lock in that the ennis/lichaa swap was a diabolical fuck up even with ennis retiring this year
    * Klem played the last 69 minutes and did some great work for us, his game has evolved to the point where i think we can ship tolman, i think having both tolman and graham is working more in a negative way then a positive one these days

Happy perret got to play and got the last try and goal, his defense has been terrible for 2+ seasons but always tried his guts out and always seemed a good person

also happy for jackson winning the brad fittler medal, should easily win our best and fairest aswell

i'm on the cronulla bandwagon, hope ennis goes out a winner

Lichaa copping a bit of flack of late (particularly from his team mates on the weekend!) but I personally think the respective performances of the Sharks and Dogs have been in spite of their hookers, not because of them.
    I would be happy to persist with Lichaa if I were a Dogs fan.

Foran would help your attack mate....
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 am

Lichaa has in recent weeks also let in a few soft tries, halves have had issues with on several occasions

i've got no doubt our structure holds him back like it has a few of our players but even outside that he has to improve, if we did get foz (i don't think we will) i'd say it'll mean less game time for lichaa with jrey playing alot of 9
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:17 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Lichaa copping a bit of flack of late (particularly from his team mates on the weekend!) but I personally think the respective performances of the Sharks and Dogs have been in spite of their hookers, not because of them.
    I would be happy to persist with Lichaa if I were a Dogs fan.

Foran would help your attack mate....

If the halfback is fucking blowing up at the hooker about not giving him the ball - the hooker is doing something fucking wrong IMO.
    If the halfback demands the ball, you give it to him.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:48 am

Pieman wrote:

If the halfback is fucking blowing up at the hooker about not giving him the ball - the hooker is doing something fucking wrong IMO.

It's not always that simple and Mbye's very next play proved that.

I can't remember who the Ch9 commentator was that told the story but he spoke of the King's best trait being that whenever he wanted the ball he got it.
    The thing is that wasn't only just because he was hungry and demanded the ball.
    One of the other reasons (if not the biggest reason) was that he also generally did something bloody good (if not amazing) when he got it, so players were obviously keen to pass it to him.

So in fairness to Lichaa, he has two running halves calling for the ball but his playmakers are generally his front rowers.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:07 am

fair points OSM

i wan't really just talking about sunday's one in isolation, both jrey and Mbye have been upset at lichaa in the pass, either for poor service at crucial times or going away from them, this was never an occurrence with ennis or even damien cook at the back end of last year (losing him was another blunder, i'd have him over lichaa)

i'm not saying lichaa needs to be dumped, he is still young, probably still good enough to scrape into the top 16 hookers in the game but in hindsight going from ennis to lichaa was a disaster and we best have a back up plan to lichaa if he doesn't improve
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:19 am

Pieman wrote:

Said no Robbie ever !
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

It's not always that simple and Mbye's very next play proved that.

I can't remember who the Ch9 commentator was that told the story but he spoke of the King's best trait being that whenever he wanted the ball he got it.
    The thing is that wasn't only just because he was hungry and demanded the ball.
    One of the other reasons (if not the biggest reason) was that he also generally did something bloody good (if not amazing) when he got it, so players were obviously keen to pass it to him.

So in fairness to Lichaa, he has two running halves calling for the ball but his playmakers are generally his front rowers.

It is that simple. As a halfback, when you call for the ball, you should get it - unless there is something glaringly obvious on the other side of the ruck. Or you call a play, and the hooker passes it to the person who is meant to get it.
    When Mbye gets the ball in good position he has shown that he can create - but he just rarely gets it in good position because of 1. the front row playmaker style that they use and 2. Lichaa doesnt pass it to him.

From memory, Lichaa was actually are really good attacking 9 when he was at the sharks in the lower grades. Its not rare for him to now go an entire game without having a run.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:53 pm

the runs side of things seems to be more on hasler then lichaa tbh, the maiun point i was making is there is no way lichaa has stepped him and gone close to replacing ennis, let alone improving the position. losing ennis, frankie and finucane in recent years to have guys like lichaa & williams in our 17 have been massive blunders in hindsight.

i do also think that we were certainly more threatening last year with damien cook rather then lichaa

there isn't much coming in next year apart from a few signing of younger players, i've got no doubt we'll still be around the 8 but Des is gonna get sacked if he doesn't change the way we play, our current style is not working.

i do still have faith he can implement such changes, he has done it before
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:01 pm

Dafuq has this mob of "athletes" done in the last few years?  Except keep some lucky company in business producing riot gear?

BOOM!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:39 pm

No mention of Gold Coast single mums ??
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:29 am

while i understand the frutration of hoe we played these last 2 season and in hindisght jsut about all od hasler's recruitment decisions have been wrong i think sacking him will be a move we live to regret

he is better then any coach not currently in charge of an NRL team so why pay him out to get worse ?

we obviosuly need to change alot over the next 12-24 months but hasler already successfully revamped us once, let him try and do it again
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:33 am

He's one of the few coaches who's capable of changing a teams playing style and will be able to do it again if he thinks its needed. Recruitment is definitely an area he needs help with though.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:21 am

leaguegod wrote:while i understand the frutration of hoe we played these last 2 season and in hindisght jsut about all od hasler's recruitment decisions have been wrong i think sacking him will be a move we live to regret

he is better then any coach not currently in charge of an NRL team so why pay him out to get worse ?

we obviosuly need to change alot over the next 12-24 months but hasler already successfully revamped us once, let him try and do it again

The whole thing feels a bit Parramatta-ish to me.

The bloke has made the finals in all 5 seasons and taken the club to 2 GF's in that time - that's fucking impressive.
    Almost Bennett-esque.....
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:44 am

i would say us making the finals the last 2 years is more because of the comp having 10-11 bad teams both years rather then us actually ever performing all that well but ultimately i am one of the few dogs fan who do think getting rid of him is an error, whoever they choose to replace him is going to be a lesser coach so i don't get the point

getting rid of cleal (who was hasler left hand man for recruitment/retention) was a good move because we have made to many blunders there for changes not to be made but Dessie is proven quality footy coach and sacking him is the wrong move
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:48 am

totally agree LG
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:21 am

The Dogs had a poor season and with 3 rounds to go were in 4th place, 4 competition points ahead of 5th. I wish my team's poor seasons were like that.

Is Laurie Daley locked in as origin coach? He'd make a pretty good origin or national coach IMO.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 am

Cleary?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am