NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:01 pm

Welshy wrote:

What I like about Davey is the fact he's played edge so it's easier to project his scores there mate, he's got a good PPM for a backrower and shown the early ability to offload and break some tackles, that should help him sustain a decent average and avoid the stinkers when no traffic comes his way, but like all edges and I know we go on about doesn't matter about the minutes just the scores but I want him playing 80 to help maintain those non dunce scores. Thompson and Siro played 80 last year so Des has the form for that rotation, but Davey is no Thompson in real life and Manly are stinking so that pack rotation will be up in the air week to week

Will be one of Koala/Davey for me I think this week

Yeah I just don't know about Koala tbh on that Souffs team. They got so many players that can fill into that backrow spot. Also Liam Knight lurking into the reserves this week returning from concussion which could force Murray out to an edge. Also Koala's charity shield game didn't look that inspiring to me either. I think imma take the punt on Davey and see what happens, as you said he has a good PPM for his position and just hope that can continue. Plus I can't really see Des continously shuffling around his backrowers every week, just ruins all the combinations.
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?  - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2021 Part 16 - To Milf or Not to Milf, that is the question?

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Can't really take Davey's big minute scores seriously with such a small sample size in a different team (though he had good PPM for Manly in trial and last week too).

Willing worker running lines outside Foran *should* be fantasy gold BUT Manly are looking *so* bad and falls foul of at least half of the "pick good players from good teams" rule of thumb

Will still probably give him a whirl.

Think you can probably eeek out enough from the low minute games to show he has a good workrate and does the basics well

Issue with guys like Davey who are older and entering NRL is defensive reads etc There are shed loads of players playing a level below who run hard and tackle well, but never get the opportunity because they don't have the top 2 inches. might go well in fantasy but the coaches will nail and drop players who make big mistakes in games and I think that's the reason he's probably not had much opportunity previously
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:13 pm

Just on a side note Suaalii is in the system at 228k. Not relevant just thought I'd say it
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Just on a side note Suaalii is in the system at 228k. Not relevant just thought I'd say it

Mental it's been allowed. (not fantasy, real life)
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 pm

Welshy wrote:

Mental it's been allowed. (not fantasy, real life)

Really? I don't see what the problem is personally. My opinion is that if he's good enough he's old enough. And from what I've seen in his 2 games, he is definitely ready.
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:21 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah I just don't know about Koala tbh on that Souffs team. They got so many players that can fill into that backrow spot. Also Liam Knight lurking into the reserves this week returning from concussion which could force Murray out to an edge. Also Koala's charity shield game didn't look that inspiring to me either. I think imma take the punt on Davey and see what happens, as you said he has a good PPM for his position and just hope that can continue. Plus I can't really see Des continously shuffling around his backrowers every week, just ruins all the combinations.

I don't see the fuss about Koala personally.

He has never started on an edge in his first grade career. Host sucked but there's no assurances that Walker is suddenly going to start hitting his back-rower with short balls instead of running decoys.

Future DPP is appealing and he could turn out to be an attacking threat on the edge but too many unknowns for me to look at him and say it's a no brainer pick.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Really? I don't see what the problem is personally. My opinion is that if he's good enough he's old enough. And from what I've seen in his 2 games, he is definitely ready.

Rules in place for obvious reason mate, it just opens a can of worms for teams now who may apply for exemption and get turned down
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Didn't the titans once play a 16 year old in a nrl game once
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Didn't the titans once play a 16 year old in a nrl game once

Jordan Rankin I think it was?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:26 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Didn't the titans once play a 16 year old in a nrl game once

Talking 2008 mate, rules been brought in after that. It's the ambiguity I hate

Either you can play if under 18 or you can't. Not you can't but you may get an exemption.

Where do you draw the line?

Rule is there currently to protect younger players, not just physically but mentally, you can argue what the difference is between 17 years and 6 months vs 18 but line has to be drawn somewhere
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Mr Snrub wrote:

I don't see the fuss about Koala personally.  

He has never started on an edge in his first grade career. Host sucked but there's no assurances that Walker is suddenly going to start hitting his back-rower with short balls instead of running decoys.  

Future DPP is appealing and he could turn out to be an attacking threat on the edge but too many unknowns for me to look at him and say it's a no brainer pick.  

You can argue Koala is larger attacking threat than Host, but he still needs the ball, why I hate edge playing 60/65. If they play 80 they can at least make another 5 tackles (or miss 2 haha) to help their score with zero ball
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Will Koala get DPP next week, what are the rules there ???
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Will Koala get DPP next week, what is the rules there ???

Post Round 6 scheduled for 22/04
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:02 pm

Straight into my squad then 👍
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Straight into my squad then 👍

Now or waiting until then mate?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Is Mbye going to play the trendy "small roaming lock" role despite being completely unsuited to it? Or maybe Talau will play a bit of back row.

Talau played backrow when he came on in R1, he'll replace garner at some stage in the game. Mbye is there to give Liddle a spell. That's my read on it.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:14 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Will Koala get DPP next week, what are the rules there ???
    Don’t do it mate. Our left second rower gets used as a decoy a lot as Cody links with Latrell on that edge.

Arrow and Murray will play big mins as we know so Murray is likely to play some edge.

Su’a won’t be playing 35mins like last week.

Koloa won’t be getting 80mins, more likely to be around 55mins tbh with you.

Knight is back possibly this week too which only strengthens our middle meaning Murray likely to shift to edge.

Benji will be on at different times each week as well and is likely to come on for Su’a or Koloa.

Too much depth I think and competition for mins.

My head says no to Koloa.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 pm

Oh and how could I forget stuff you Wayne I’ve burnt a trade on Host fuck me RIP Host.... geez I look like an idiot  Bang Finger.

Have to keep holding L. Croker now ffs whilst he loses money.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Cust starts either and Croker is benched and he will be lucky to score 15.
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 pm

WT2K wrote:

Talau played backrow when he came on in R1, he'll replace garner at some stage in the game. Mbye is there to give Liddle a spell. That's my read on it.  

Very bullish for Ofa and Stefano (until he gets dropped for Musgrove next round and I experience an Albert Hopoate and Magoulias PTSD moment)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:34 pm

My trades now..

Host + Lodge -> Ofa + Leniu

The trade outs are easy to see why. Ofa is my trade in purely because he is starting so has a clear role and scored well with little offensive stats when compared to LAM who had the Try + LB.

Leniu I am less confident about but lets me wait a week and see if Davey or Koala keep their spots. He should earn more than Davey as well.

Looking to next week my wealth of WFB/CTRs + Riki can be on notice with Davey a prime option to be a trade target.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:20 pm