NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

More Accolades for the greatest player of the modern generation

standard-issue
    standard-issue

More Accolades for the greatest player of the modern generation - Page 4 Empty Re: More Accolades for the greatest player of the modern generation

Post by standard-issue Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Krump wrote:Does anyone else think Smith is better then both of them?

Not personally. I'd take JT to build a team around first.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

More Accolades for the greatest player of the modern generation - Page 4 Empty Re: More Accolades for the greatest player of the modern generation

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:17 pm

SI wrote:

Not personally.  I'd take JT to build a team around first.

That's the Tigers supporter in you talking. Happy with 1 premiership in 20 years.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Your Name wrote:
    SI wrote:

Not personally.  I'd take JT to build a team around first.

That's the Tigers supporter in you talking. Happy with 1 premiership in 20 years.

LOL, tru dat.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:41 pm

It's funny how a (actually another) premiership drastically changes a blokes CV and his perceived ranking in the game.

Prior to being a part of what was a successful team achievement this year, JT has effectively been the best player in the game for a decade.

In my mind, even without having nabbed another premiership, this elevated him above the likes of Joey and Locky who both had stints as the best player in the game but for a far shorter period.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:It's funny how a (actually another) premiership drastically changes a blokes CV and his perceived ranking in the game.

Prior to being a part of what was a successful team achievement this year, JT has effectively been the best player in the game for a decade.

In my mind, even without having nabbed another premiership, this elevated him above the likes of Joey and Locky who both had stints as the best player in the game but for a far shorter period.

It's really hard to compare. Does longevity of being the best of his era count? How do you gauge that against other players of that era?

Also I don't think Dally Ms are the be all and end all. Lockyer didn't win one and he was one of the games best.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:09 pm

Thurston > Johns. Nothing else needs to be said.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:40 pm

33 consecutive appearances in SOO. Not many poor games in there. Getting targeted constantly in defense and when he kicks.

Never seen a guy look so at home on the footy field. It's obvious there's no place he'd rather be. His love of the game is a joy to watch.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:44 pm

i personally still think joey is the best player that i've seen but thats a personal opinion no doubt with some NSW bias attached

JT has a heap more runs on the board now tho and in a couple of generations time, i've got no doubt JT will be regarded as the best player ever to this point(at least in the professional era), people hate saying things like that in the present but his achievements are just gonna blow anyone else out of the park

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Just how Thurston pushes himself to beyond the point of absolute exhaustion and keeps going and going well! I admire that.

I can't really comment on the Thurston V Johns debate because I didn't watch league when Joey was around so my only knowledge of him is what Honeysett says about him haha
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Just how Thurston pushes himself to beyond the point of absolute exhaustion and keeps going and going well! I admire that.

I can't really comment on the Thurston V Johns debate because I didn't watch league when Joey was around so my only knowledge of him is what Honeysett says about him haha

I undersell him as well.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I sell pingers to  him as well.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I undersell him as well.

You also share a love of soft hands.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Bren wrote:

You also share a love of soft hands.

I do moisturise a bit to be fair.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:02 am

Honeysett wrote:

I do moisturise a bit to be fair.

Let me guess you use the Johnson brand moisturiser. Johns on all over your face.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 pm