NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8 - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Post by Iron Mike Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Just very weary of loading up on Broncos who have the Storm first game, it just makes you second guess yourself and you may panic trade if they score poorly etc especially if another sub performance occurs in the first few weeks. Basically all McCullough does is tackle, which is fine, but I'd rather more upside.
    sajjos
    sajjos

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8 - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Post by sajjos Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

There might be a separate thread for this. But I will ask anyway.

In the fantasy Draft does only the starting 13 score points and bench comes into play only if anyone in the starting 13 doesn't play? Playing Draft for the 1st time. Thanks
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Iron Mike wrote:Just very weary of loading up on Broncos who have the Storm first game, it just makes you second guess yourself and you may panic trade if they score poorly etc especially if another sub performance occurs in the first few weeks. Basically all McCullough does is tackle, which is fine, but I'd rather more upside.

he also has a dummy that takes 5 seconds from start to finish.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm in a meeting and they have just referenced some system called PPM. All I can think off is points per minute and now I've lost the train of the conversation
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:31 pm

my tv broke wrote:

he also has a dummy that takes 5 seconds from start to finish.

I use to play with a bloke who every time he threw a dummy would bring his arms back up over his head like an arch then go the other way. It was a massive tell and he use to get smashed. Prick never learnt.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:32 pm

sajjos wrote:There might be a separate thread for this. But I will ask anyway.

In the fantasy Draft does only the starting 13 score points and bench comes into play only if anyone in the starting 13 doesn't play? Playing Draft for the 1st time. Thanks

There is another thread usually only visited by the blokes playing in our fantasy draft leagues, but it's my first year too and a good question, so I'll post it over there as well.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:38 pm

The Titans have named their side for the weekend which looks like full strength list, apart from Ryan James who is still injured.

Cartwright left edge, Mo Fo on the bench. Not much else of fantasy interest, but Rein is listed at 14 and AJ Brimson further down the reserves.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 pm

No Worries wrote:

I use to play with a bloke who every time he threw a dummy would bring his arms back up over his head like an arch then go the other way. It was a massive tell and he use to get smashed. Prick never learnt.

I got away with a dummy to the sideline once.

Only once. Probably tried it another dozen times and it never worked again. Embarassed

I use the ultimate equivalent of a dummy all the time and to great effect. Love it. Break a guys ankles twice in 5 seconds once. Personal career highlight! Laughing
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Somewhat pointless stat time - the average of all players who started at Centre in 2018 was 31.2, compared to those named on of the Wing, where the average was 29.5.

Its interesting that we all generally lean towards a centre over a winger, but the overall averages (taking nothing else into account, other than where they were named to start a game), are almost the same.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:52 pm

I think im too institutionalised to part ways with CS9 just yet.  That of course changes if he gets benched regularly, than the prick is gone.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:54 pm

my tv broke wrote:Somewhat pointless stat time - the average of all players who started at Centre in 2018 was 31.2, compared to those named on of the Wing, where the average was 29.5.

Its interesting that we all generally lean towards a centre over a winger, but the overall averages (taking nothing else into account, other than where they were named to start a game), are almost the same.

I'd guess there's four things going on.

1) Centres have better base stats. We like those.
    2) Centres are in-picture more, and we like people we see.
    3) Centres have ~5% higher mean, but with much lower variance. We like less risky options (i.e. a 5 score really hurts)
    4) Wingers and fullbacks share a slot, so WFB is easier to fill than CTR
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:The Titans have named their side for the weekend which looks like full strength list, apart from Ryan James who is still injured.

Cartwright left edge, Mo Fo on the bench. Not much else of fantasy interest, but Rein is listed at 14 and AJ Brimson further down the reserves.

Ryan will bump Cartwright to bench I'd imagine?
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:25 pm

Source: Nrl article

Impressive Cronulla Sharks youngster Bronson Xerri is firming for a starting wing position to open the season. He is renowned centre, but with Josh Morris and Josh Dugan likely to start the season in those positions, Xerri is likely to edge out Sione Katoa for the chance to partner Sosaia Feki on the wings in round one against Newcastle.

The Sharks have a huge opinion of Xerri, who scored a brilliant try in Saturday’s trial against Manly. They extended his contract at the end of last season until the end of 2021. There’s a chance Cronulla will unveil another debutant in round one, with Kiwi back-rower Briton Nikora in line for a bench spot given the retirement of Luke Lewis and the injury to Wade Graham.

Hope he gets named on the wing because he will then become DPP (CTR/ WFB), and probably come into my 17 over Lomax.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Iron Mike wrote:Source: Nrl article

Impressive Cronulla Sharks youngster Bronson Xerri is firming for a starting wing position to open the season. He is renowned centre, but with Josh Morris and Josh Dugan likely to start the season in those positions, Xerri is likely to edge out Sione Katoa for the chance to partner Sosaia Feki on the wings in round one against Newcastle.

The Sharks have a huge opinion of Xerri, who scored a brilliant try in Saturday’s trial against Manly. They extended his contract at the end of last season until the end of 2021. There’s a chance Cronulla will unveil another debutant in round one, with Kiwi back-rower Briton Nikora in line for a bench spot given the retirement of Luke Lewis and the injury to Wade Graham.

Hope he gets named on the wing because he will then become DPP (CTR/ WFB), and probably come into my 17 over Lomax.

That kills my Katoa pick lol

Anyone know where to get the Titans team list? Where is Peachey?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 pm

gavet named to start at prop for the Knights. Glasby at lock, Ese'ese on the bench.
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:41 pm

The trial match between the Titans and Broncos kicks off at 6.30pm on Saturday at Cbus Super Stadium.

The squad is as follows:

1. Michael Gordon

2. Brenko Lee

3. Tyrone Peachey

4. Brian Kelly

5. Phillip Sami

6. Tyrone Roberts

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats

10. Shannon Boyd

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Bryce Cartwright

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Moeaki Fotuaika

16. Max King

17. Will Matthews

18. Jack Stockwell

19. Alexander Brimson

20. Anthony Don

21. Dale Copley

22. Treymain Spry

23. Ryley Jacks

24. Jesse Arthars
    Blindside
    Blindside

Post by Blindside Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:48 pm

At last some feedback although it was not the result I was hoping for. In the #TooHardBasket for this season. Does it mean that in 2020 they are going to dump #FailHub I will just struggle through another season with the help of a few good bastards in here. Cheers BlueTiges

Hi Greg aka Blind Rabbit, aka Blind Selector,

We’re writing in response to your multiple queries and complaints about the accessibility of NRL Fantasy. We have accessibility improvements on our long-term roadmap and will be taking steps to improve the product(s) in this regard, as soon as we are able.

NRL Digital has had ownership and control of NRL Fantasy for only one full season since the end of the Telstra era. The NRL Digital Network is still in its infancy and we have had to build the vast majority of it from scratch, including 'carry-over' products like Fantasy. Due to a number of factors, this process has been more difficult than it would seem from the outside, and has created a number of challenges that we would've preferred to avoid. The upshot is that our focus has been firmly fixed on ensuring our products are as good as they can be, for the majority of users, within the existing technical and resourcing constraints.

As NRL Fantasy products have not been vision-impaired accessible in the past we have not been able to reinstate functionality nor have we had the opportunity to undertake the work required. Sadly, it is unlikely we will get to installation of these features for the current season. That said, we are constantly working to deliver as many features as practical now and in the future.

Currently, improving the product for vision- and hearing-impaired users is slated for delivery in 2020 season. Ideally, we would like to achieve this sooner and we have already begun scoping the integration into our current technology, however it is difficult to predict with accuracy the timing of the release of such features, so season 2020 it is for now. Should this change you will (obviously) be the first to know.

To this end, we thank you for the suggestions of useful tools to assist in making NRL Fantasy more accessible. We have noted them all.

Thank you again for being such a passionate member of the NRL Fantasy community and good luck in season 2019.

Kind regards,

NRL Fantasy & Tipping

NRL
    National Rugby League Ltd
    NRL Feedback
    t +61 2 9359 8500
    e feedback@nrl.com.au
    w nrl.com
    Rugby League Central, Driver Avenue
    Moore Park NSW 2021
    Locked Bag 5000, Paddington NSW 2021
    Facebook Instagram Twitter

The Australian Rugby League Commission acknowledges the Traditional Owners of
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Looking forward for the Tigers to name their trial squad. If Twal is named at lock watch his ownership skyrocket.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:01 pm

No Worries wrote:I'm in a meeting and they have just referenced some system called PPM. All I can think off is points per minute and now I've lost the train of the conversation

We have a system here called CBF

Who thought that was a good acronym to use

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:Somewhat pointless stat time - the average of all players who started at Centre in 2018 was 31.2, compared to those named on of the Wing, where the average was 29.5.

I think its the downside variance, the floor on scoring in the centers tends to be higher, with wingers relying more on tries, so they can have more low or high scores.

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:42 pm