NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8 - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Blindside wrote: At last some feedback although it was not the result I was hoping for. In the #TooHardBasket  for this season. Does it mean that in 2020 they are going to dump #FailHub    I will just struggle through another season with the help of a few good bastards in here. Cheers BlueTiges  

Hi Greg aka Blind Rabbit, aka Blind Selector,

We’re writing in response to your multiple queries and complaints about the accessibility of NRL Fantasy. We have accessibility improvements on our long-term roadmap and will be taking steps to improve the product(s) in this regard, as soon as we are able.

NRL Digital has had ownership and control of NRL Fantasy for only one full season since the end of the Telstra era. The NRL Digital Network is still in its infancy and we have had to build the vast majority of it from scratch, including 'carry-over' products like Fantasy. Due to a number of factors, this process has been more difficult than it would seem from the outside, and has created a number of challenges that we would've preferred to avoid. The upshot is that our focus has been firmly fixed on ensuring our products are as good as they can be, for the majority of users, within the existing technical and resourcing constraints.

As NRL Fantasy products have not been vision-impaired accessible in the past we have not been able to reinstate functionality nor have we had the opportunity to undertake the work required. Sadly, it is unlikely we will get to installation of these features for the current season. That said, we are constantly working to deliver as many features as practical now and in the future.

Currently, improving the product for vision- and hearing-impaired users is slated for delivery in 2020 season. Ideally, we would like to achieve this sooner and we have already begun scoping the integration into our current technology, however it is difficult to predict with accuracy the timing of the release of such features, so season 2020 it is for now. Should this change you will (obviously) be the first to know.

To this end, we thank you for the suggestions of useful tools to assist in making NRL Fantasy more accessible. We have noted them all.

Thank you again for being such a passionate member of the NRL Fantasy community and good luck in season 2019.

Kind regards,

NRL Fantasy & Tipping

So if NRL Digital took over from Telstra for control of apps - what parts do Fanhub provide?
    Who should be the chief blame receover for things not working.

And why did NRL Digital have to rebuild from scratch, when the product before that was fairly useful and stable. And is it that hard to add in drag and drop functionality?
    mtb did it for his site and it didn't take him 6 months to do

NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8 - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2019 thread part 8

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:06 pm

So everything being handed down tomorrow apparently by the commission. Sharks, Tigers, JDB and napa.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:08 pm

@ blindside

Looks like it was put into the too hard basket, lets pencil it in for next year and hope he forgets about it.

I live in hope that in 2020 Fanhub is dumped but I didn't read it that way, nor did I read it as Fanhub will remain.

NRL digital should be employing the right people for the right job and if that means employing a different company that will deliver us a game that has no accessibility issues for the blind and def, then thats what should be done. Adious Fanhub, welcome MTB
    ozziedog
    ozziedog

Post by ozziedog Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Breaking News - Are we certain ILuke is staying??

FOXSPORTS: Parramatta hooker Kaysa Pritchard has been granted a request for time away from rugby league to contemplate his playing future, opening the door for Issac Luke to join the club.

Last edited by ozziedog on Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 pm

WT2K wrote:So everything being handed down tomorrow apparently by the commission. Sharks, Tigers, JDB and napa.

Whats up with the Tigers?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:28 pm

ozziedog wrote:Breaking News - Are we certain ILuke is staying??

FOXSPORTS: Parramatta hooker Kaysa Pritchard has been granted a request for time away from rugby league to contemplate his playing future, opening the door for Issac Luke to join the club.

Article yesterday said Warriors are working on a deal to keep him and he also said he's sticking to his word and staying the year
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Milchy wrote:
    So if NRL Digital took over from Telstra for control of apps - what parts do Fanhub provide?
    Who should be the chief blame receover for things not working.

And why did NRL Digital have to rebuild from scratch, when the product before that was fairly useful and stable. And is it that hard to add in drag and drop functionality?
    mtb did it for his site and it didn't take him 6 months to do

I guess NRL Digital have control over the "UI/UX" on top of the system that they contract Fanhub to provide? Don't really know how it works from a functional point of view.

If anyone from the NRL is reading this, I'm open to job offers Beer
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:32 pm

pale Crying or Very sad I missed my 1 year anniversary yesterday. I feel so terrible Neutral
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:37 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:pale Crying or Very sad I missed my 1 year anniversary yesterday. I feel so terrible Neutral

Your NRL Fantasy one? I'd feel terrible too
    Iron Mike
    Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Your NRL Fantasy one? I'd feel terrible too

From his Fanatics join date. I looked at his age thinking he is quite young to be tied to the 1 p***y his whole life, and then saw the join date above.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Potential Super League Signing George Williams

Feels like you're watching an NRL game at half speed

https://youtu.be/J8d6mgCMBSU
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Iron Mike wrote:

From his Fanatics join date. I looked at his age thinking he is quite young to be tied to the 1 p***y his whole life, and then saw the join date above.

Funnily enough just checked mine cheer Drunk 2

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:54 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Whats up with the Tigers?
    The salary cap fines to do with farahs post career gig with tigers. Current cap fine is just above $600k and 750k fine on top. Plus our ceo being deregistered. Verdict of appeal tomorrow apparently
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Blindside wrote: At last some feedback although it was not the result I was hoping for. In the #TooHardBasket  for this season. Does it mean that in 2020 they are going to dump #FailHub    I will just struggle through another season with the help of a few good bastards in here. Cheers BlueTiges  

Hi Greg aka Blind Rabbit, aka Blind Selector,

We’re writing in response to your multiple queries and complaints about the accessibility of NRL Fantasy. We have accessibility improvements on our long-term roadmap and will be taking steps to improve the product(s) in this regard, as soon as we are able.

NRL Digital has had ownership and control of NRL Fantasy for only one full season since the end of the Telstra era. The NRL Digital Network is still in its infancy and we have had to build the vast majority of it from scratch, including 'carry-over' products like Fantasy. Due to a number of factors, this process has been more difficult than it would seem from the outside, and has created a number of challenges that we would've preferred to avoid. The upshot is that our focus has been firmly fixed on ensuring our products are as good as they can be, for the majority of users, within the existing technical and resourcing constraints.

As NRL Fantasy products have not been vision-impaired accessible in the past we have not been able to reinstate functionality nor have we had the opportunity to undertake the work required. Sadly, it is unlikely we will get to installation of these features for the current season. That said, we are constantly working to deliver as many features as practical now and in the future.

Currently, improving the product for vision- and hearing-impaired users is slated for delivery in 2020 season. Ideally, we would like to achieve this sooner and we have already begun scoping the integration into our current technology, however it is difficult to predict with accuracy the timing of the release of such features, so season 2020 it is for now. Should this change you will (obviously) be the first to know.

That is some absolute horseshit. Adding some alt text for images, element name attributes and the like to the HTML should not be the effort they are claiming it to be there, neither in Dev nor Test. I get that there is quite a bit else that can be done, but they should have at least had a crack at the low hanging fruit to show they cared in the slightest.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:08 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I guess NRL Digital have control over the "UI/UX" on top of the system that they contract Fanhub to provide? Don't really know how it works from a functional point of view.

If anyone from the NRL is reading this, I'm open to job offers Beer
    If anyone from the NRL is reading this, give yourself an uppercut, the sack and the keys to MTB on the way out.
    Ps: my name is Welshy if you'd like to take it out on me.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:50 pm

JDB has refused to stand down after meeting with Greenberg today.

Back in the NRLs court to make that decision tomorrow.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Aren’t there laws regarding game accessibility for people with vision or hearing problems? I listened to a podcast about it a few months ago. It’s a fucking joke that a business the size of the NRL just palms off blame for this and says maybe next year. 
    It also makes me feel very slightly like a sook whinging about drag and drop and missed tb’s, only very very slightly though Smile
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:06 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Potential Super League Signing George Williams

Feels like you're watching an NRL game at half speed

https://youtu.be/J8d6mgCMBSU
    He’s looks to have pretty good vision but there’s no defensive pressure at all compared to the NRL. The other thing that stands out watching highlights especially is that I could count on one hand the number of times he made a play on the right side of the field, not a deal breaker these days but it must restrict the number of clubs who’d take a chance on him.
    Bagpipe
    Bagpipe

Post by Bagpipe Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:08 pm

If done correctly, Fantasy Football can be a very lucrative endeavor for the NRL which could also be used to attract fans. I know I've gotten mates who weren't into footy by playing NRL fantasy and now they love it. It's just the functionality of the app, the website and the customer support which fills me with despair sometimes.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:22 pm

Bagpipe wrote:If done correctly, Fantasy Football can be a very lucrative endeavor for the NRL which could also be used to attract fans. I know I've gotten mates who weren't into footy by playing NRL fantasy and now they love it. It's just the functionality of the app, the website and the customer support which fills me with despair sometimes.

I haven't bothered with the app for ages. I just go to the webpage

Current date/time is Sat May 04, 2024 3:15 pm