NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 33 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:45 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:My 6 trade option was to punt Murray. I thought best not to put that forward Very Happy

Haha, funny, I just looked at that too, but I think you'd want that trade to be Matterson and we couldnt afford it. Not unless something else was changed.

For me the only 6 trade option would be Ponga out, but even then Im not sure you get any better than what has been proposed with the 5 man version....

Agree with Milchy, not sold on Brooks, BUT, I dont really see a better option. DCE maybe? but would make getting Cook very difficult in 5 trades. There really iisnt another round 16 playing option, so the alternatives would be guys like Munster, ARey, Moses. Moses I like but he's too expensive... Arey is dodgy. And Munster probably too expensive as well.

Could poll on the half, but it could completely change the make up of the plan.....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 33 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

I can put up a poll, but at this stage Im not sure what I would oput up as really only one plan has been put forward, perhpas 2 if you want to include my 6 trade Ponga one....
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:46 pm

@milchy

Do you have an option you want to put forward?

Ranta?

Otherwise Im not sure anyone else will actually put in the time.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 pm

I tried most options vs Brooks. Cost benefit was close but the points in the bank for r16 swayed me due to the risk reduction. I may be a bit unders on DCE though - perhaps because I've written him off for my team.

I have no strong feelings either way. The Brooks trade is what it is
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm on board with VK. I don't mind Brooks at all.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 pm

Pearce is 36k cheaper than Brooks, but I wrote him off because of niggling injuries and highest score of 52 without tries in an 88 minute game.

The extra cash would give a little more room on the Cook/Tom trades, but averaging 2.5 points less than Brooks, so 25 points worse off by season's end if maintaining those averages. Pearce with 5 tries to Brooks' 2.

Not really seeing any other good half options except the premiums playing 1 less game and most backing-up from origin.

Last edited by WT Winfield on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accidentally wrote Cook/Ponga instead of Cook/Tom)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Pearce now in Origin camp ruling him out were left with Brooks by default.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Hey sorry haven't had alot of time to look at this let alone my own team this week.
    Had a bit of a play around with some options and looking through what has been posted.
    This gets my vote

R16
    Milford to SJ
    Sivo to Brooks
    Havili to r16 cash out (put the cash out to the vote)

R17
    Xerri to Turbo

R18
    Watson to Cook

If the last trade doesn't work $$$$$ wise, then you always have the insurance policy of trading Brittain out for a bottom dollar player leaving you one trade up your sleeve

Brooks seems like the best of the bunch that play this round and isn't currently injured or playing that way
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Cheers guys. IMO no need for a poll other than for the cash out. Any objections???
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Looks good to me RnT Very Happy

Milf to Johnson and Sivo to Brooks.

Havili to Coates/Herbie/Nicholls/Walters.

While Walters started to look appealing, some of the shine is being knocked off with Pap on the bench.. possible switch in final teamlists or not playing the 80 even if starting.

Tougher match-ups for the other 3 though, but anyone could pull off a huge play even if getting pumped.

Potentially getting 2 games out of Coates/Herbie and possible WFB loop options from Rd 18 on if we have Ponga on the bench.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Cheers guys. IMO no need for a poll other than for the cash out. Any objections???

I reckon this makes sense, basically process of elimination given players are dropping like flies for origin and injury

Fantasy whack a mole
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Trades made

Havili, Milford, Sivo out

Walters, Brooks, SJ in

Smith captain

Now we need Xerri not to lose much cash, and Watson to make some cash in order to afford TTrbo and Cook (current prices we are $26k short, so all our hopes on Watson doing well)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:04 pm

I’m living vicariously as of now

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Milchy wrote:
    Trades made

Havili, Milford, Sivo out

Walters, Brooks, SJ in

Smith captain

Now we need Xerri not to lose much cash, and Watson to make some cash in order to afford TTrbo and Cook (current prices we are $26k short, so all our hopes on Watson doing well)

Here we go!

Cook will lose some $ and Watto will make some $. I need to make the same trade as well in r18. It'll be fine study
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:10 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Here we go!

Cook will lose some $ and Watto will make some $. I need to make the same trade as well in r18. It'll be fine study

I just don't need any 5 minute HIAs, got a little buffer to work some Cook - Watto magic next week
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 pm

Looks like out plan came unstuck. Cant see us haveng enough money to go Watson to Cook next week.

Would require some pretty unlikely scores from each I think...

So, do we want to wait and see how that unfolds while still getting TTrbo for Xerri this week?

Or bite the bullet and go a different option?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:34 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Looks like out plan came unstuck. Cant see us haveng enough money to go Watson to Cook next week.

Would require some pretty unlikely scores from each I think...

So, do we want to wait and see how that unfolds while still getting TTrbo for Xerri this week?

Or bite the bullet and go a different option?

It cocked me up as well. Time to PIVOT
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Kind of need to see how origin goes, but I'd rather get Cook over Tom if we can only afford one, even if it means being a WFB down this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:00 pm

Burns? might be the most sensible cover option out there. Arguable a good matchup this week too.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Xerri to Burns could be a good move.

Tempted by Watson to Cook and playing a man down, unless Brittain's on the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cook alone outscored Watson + Staggs. If Munster's rested and Walters gets a run, then I might back the Watson/Walters combo to be better than Cook though.

Staggs is averaging dead on 30 from his 9 full CTR games. Watson's dished up 18, 8 and 31 from his 3 starts at FB.

Might be better to play it safe and roll the dice on Watson vs. Dogs and Staggs vs Warriors though if Walters isn't an option.

Plans might change if we lose a gun in origin too, but thought I'd throw it out there.

EDIT: Or spend some of the bank upgrading Staggs to Burns and playing Xerri at #17?

Costs 95k, leaving 324k in the bank and only 194k needed for Watson to Cook this week or plenty of room still for next week, expect both Watson/Cook to drop a little with 48 and 77 BE's respectively.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:23 pm