NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 32 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:33 am

WT Winfield wrote:Coming in raw after staring at the team for a few minutes..

Who I'd be happy to fuck off?

Milford
    Sivo
    Havili
    Brittain

= 1,949,000

Who I could bring in for HLF/WFB?

Brooks
    Johnson
    Coates
    Farnworth

= 1,674,000

Leaves a bank of 491 counting the 216 we already have to get on Cook for Xerri with ~170k left if Xerri makes his 48 BE.

Our HLF/WFB combo for Rd 17 would look like:

SJ, Brooks
    RTS, Watson, Teddy

If Teddy's rested, we hopefully get one of Coates or Herbie holding their spot for a week. Kennar injured, Oates didn't back-up from origin 1 and Isaako and Boyd have some question marks.

Mightn't be the best plan of attack, but it's what I came up with when thinking HLF/WFB.

I'd also like to target Twal and/or Matterson somehow. Twal a bit cheaper, so him over Brooks perhaps, but then we're really relying on those Broncs wingers holding their spot, especially if Teddy's rested again.

Noticed Brimson mentioned when scrolling down. I checked his numbers for Mulvy before that 26 last week and he had averaged 45.7 from 9 games at FB counting last year. More like 43.5 now, but could be a good back-up HLF/WFB.

Yeah, I dont mind this as an option... Im not sold on Watson once Levi/Pong/Pearce are all back though. His scores were pretty average this year werent they?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 32 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:40 am

From my trade plan, could just hold the Brittain to Herbie trade since it doesn't free up all that much and trades are getting low. Can still easily afford Xerri to Cook without it.

Having both Coates and Herbie could turn out redundant anyway if Teddy does back-up. I assume Coates is higher in the pecking order after being named at #18 last week.

Hedging the bets by getting both and having 12 for this week sounded good at the time. Staggs, Coates and Herbie might only be worth 1.5 players though Laughing
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:42 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah, I dont mind this as an option... Im not sold on Watson once Levi/Pong/Pearce are all back though. His scores were pretty average this year werent they?

Yeah I'm not as keen on Watson either. Would revert to 18th man for us once Ponga's back.. Was thinking of using that spare ~170k to turn him into a gun 18th man, or get more cash by turning him into Brimson for the same WFB/HLF cover.. that leaves us with only 1 trade though, so now I'm reconsidering the Brittain to Herbie trade idea.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Xerri to Burns is completely sideways, even more so with so few trades left. You're using one of your last trades to get an, at best, marginally better 18th man? Not worth it at all.

I wouldn't be trading Ponga either.

Edit... looking a bit further, I'd be trading Milford and Havili to SJ and whoever you can afford to go Watson & Sivo to DCE and Cook next week, maybe even the week after, given high BEs and possible origin resting and needing wing cover if Ponga out.Then 3 trades left.

Its not as sideways as it looks.

If you take out both players injured games Burns averages 50 (3 games I know but he does look pretty solid), Xerri 40. The DPP is pretty key though as we dont need Xerri as aback up C as we have Staggs, but we do need a back up WFB, particularly if you hold Ponga.

The main challenge with your suggestion from what I can see is that you are a WFB short in week 17 (unless the player you shift Havili to is a cheap WFB who plays 17) and also forced to play one of Staggs/Xerri in the 17 next week too. You are left holding Xerri too who I dont see much value in post 17.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:47 am

I think the main thing that's turned up is that we are going to have to stick with the FRF and 2RF we already have.
    Injuries to WFB and HLF have us in trouble there.

Maybe Twal in, but not sure we can justify the trade.

Should we vote on trade options as a block (ie RnTs plan or Winfield's plan or Milchy's plan)

Or do a big poll with individual options and see what turns up
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:50 am

I'd say individual polls won't work as the cash will be all over the place?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:52 am

Milchy wrote:
    I think the main thing that's turned up is that we are going to have to stick with the FRF and 2RF we already have.
    Injuries to WFB and HLF have us in trouble there.

Maybe Twal in, but not sure we can justify the trade.

Should we vote on trade options as a block (ie RnTs plan or Winfield's plan or Milchy's plan)

Or do a big poll with individual options and see what turns up

I think we need to vote on plans. There are so many things that need to be taken into account that I just cant see a poll turning up something that will fit. And we dont have m iuch time to sort it out.

Why not give everyone today to submit a plan or 2 plans max. I think they need to be in a similar format so they are reasonably easily compared as well (also ensures they are thought out and actually possible). Perhaps list the trades this week and next and display the resulting team in 17, & cash & trades remaining.

We can then copy those into a poll thread, number them/name them and then vote.

I agree with what youve said above. I cant see any wiggle room for switching out forwards around. This is all about the backs now....
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Yeah I agree that it's hard to justify trading forwards as much as I like Twal/Matterson. AFB and SST are going alright and Murray hopefully picks back up after origin.

Milford to SJ is probably one trade we can all agree on and lock in?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:35 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah I agree that it's hard to justify trading forwards as much as I like Twal/Matterson. AFB and SST are going alright and Murray hopefully picks back up after origin.

yeah I think so!!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:22 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah I agree that it's hard to justify trading forwards as much as I like Twal/Matterson. AFB and SST are going alright and Murray hopefully picks back up after origin.

100%

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:41 pm

I've had a bit of a play around. Don't blame me, blame my spreadsheet!

This pops up as optimal based on my highly questionable assumptions.

Apologies if there is a cock up here as I forced a few changes in vs my team that is set as default.

R16
    Milford to SJ
    Sivo to Brooks
    Havili to r16 cash out

R17
    Xerri to Turbo

R18
    Watson to Cook

Final team with 2 trades and ~30k to 70k (range is based on projected prices)

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Murray Taupau
    SJ Brooks
    Bateman Nikora
    Tedesco RTS Turbo

Smith McInnes Ponga AFB
    SST Staggs cashout Brittain
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:I've had a bit of a play around. Don't blame me, blame my spreadsheet!

This pops up as optimal based on my highly questionable assumptions.

Apologies if there is a cock up here as I forced a few changes in vs my team that is set as default.

R16
    Milford to SJ
    Sivo to Brooks
    Havili to r16 cash out

R17
    Xerri to Turbo

R18
    Watson to Cook

Final team with 2 trades and ~30k to 70k (range is based on projected prices)

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Murray Taupau
    SJ Brooks
    Bateman Nikora
    Tedesco RTS Turbo

Smith McInnes Ponga AFB
    SST Staggs cashout Brittain

Yup, I like this! Tight money wise though.... but extra trade up the sleeve to deal with that if needed. I project that to be bang on with last trade costing $150k and exactly that in the bank post the TTrbo trade!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yup, I like this! Tight money wise though.... but extra trade up the sleeve to deal with that if needed. I project that to be bang on with last trade costing $150k and exactly that in the bank post the TTrbo trade!

I likely have Watson making a little more and Cook losing a little more than the usual projections. Quirky VK formula
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

I likely have Watson making a little more and Cook losing a little more than the usual projections. Quirky VK formula

What you've gone with is something I played around with in my option (1) but I couldnt make it work money wise. As a result went for what I thought would be a slightly better half (DCE over Brooks) and Burns as WFB cover instead of TTrbo. had $260k left over which wasnt enough, even getting brooks instead of DCE to get TTrbo instead of Burns.

But as you have laid it out, waiting another week on Watson to Cook might make it work.

It also leaves cover at WFB for when Ponga is out next week.

I like it. This would be where my vote is at so far!!

We'd likely know by the end of this round whether or not it will work based on Watson and Xerri's scores. If we are gonna come up short then we'd either have to resort to a different (cheaper WFB) or burn one of the remaining trades to afford TTrbo!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Having a quick look at the options, I like option 1, just, although I'm not that sold on holding Ponga myself. Burns I think is fine to play and I don't understand people saying Xerri to Burns is sideways. I can understand that thinking but it's an upgrade IMO.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 pm

I've scrapped the Brittain trade idea. Doesn't free up enough and if Cook is rested and we can't trade him in, we have Brittain for the 17 and future cover for Cook and loops.

Tom Trb with Ponga on the bench is a good idea, might try to steal it and see how it works.

Definite outs for me:

Milford 743k
    Havili 425k
    Sivo 497k

Ins:

SJ 563k
    Brooks 687k
    Coates or Herbie 212k

Favouring the WFB cashout over halves Walters/Dragons Nicholls for Teddy cover in Rd 17.
    Coates appears to be higher in the pecking order, but that could change depending on performance this week.

Gives us 11 this week. 4 trades and 419k bank remaining.

Next week is kinda hard to plan for.

Xerri (BE 48) and Watson (BE 22) in action this week and their price changes could affect our decision.

Xerri could lose a bunch or have a field day vs. Broncs rookie halves and backs.

Watson scored 18 and 8 at FB in Rds 1 and 2 playing 80 in both. Makes that 22 BE look scarier than it should be, but perhaps his confidence has grown now.

Also if Cook doesn't back-up, or if Brittain is on the bench, that will be a factor. 76 BE for Cook, so Brittain on the bench would hopefully allow us to get him cheaper for Rd 18.

Tom Trb could also potentially be rested.

The 419k bank gives us plenty of room to move at least one of Xerri or Watson to a gun though and cash to spare for the other.

I tried to sneak an AFB to Twal trade in this week for the extra 5k and 50-60 points, but with future moves in mind, having 2 trades instead of 1 is twice as good.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:15 pm

I also get Milchy's point about Walters/Drag Nicholls over the Broncs wingers though, so might be best to put that to the vote, keeping in mind we made need WFB cover for Teddy.

We could end up with a situation where Coates/Herbie score 25 this week, then either Teddy does back-up and they're not needed, or Teddy's rested and they're dropped for 0, or Teddy's rested and they score another 25 odd.

Meanwhile Walters or Nicholls could crack a 50+ this week and net us more points from 1 game than either Broncs winger in 1 or 2.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:24 pm

nice posts WT.

Interestingly we are basically all converging on the same plan. Basically 5 trades, keep Ponga, and grab SJ, Brooks, TTrbo, Cook and a cash out. Just tweaks around who the cash out would be.

If thats the case, the alternative is to see what a 6 trade option could look like, presumably one where there is little/no faith in Ponga and he is shifted.

The later may not even be a consideration, and if not, in the absence of any other input from the community I feel like we basically have a plan and the only thing left to do is vote on the cash out.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm

I think we can vote on plans which include "cashout" as an option
    And then vote on who that cashout (or cashouts) will be.

VK's plan looks good but I'm not 100% sold on Brooks. Not confident there is necessarily anyone better though

Trading Brittain to a cashout is a waste of a trade though, unless we absolutely need every penny to fund Cook.

I'll be busy at work this afternoon, so if RnT or someone can put up a poll that woul dbe good, otherwise I'll do it early this evening

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:38 pm

My 6 trade option was to punt Murray. I thought best not to put that forward Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:29 pm