NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 34 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by WT Winfield Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:54 pm

Team looks something like this I think:

419k bank, 4 trades

Cam
    Fifita, Haas
    Taumalolo, Murray, Taupau
    Brooks, SJ
    Bateman, Nikora
    RTS, Watson, Teddy

McInnes
    SST
    AFB
    Xerri

Staggs, Walters, Brittain, Ponga.

Watson 632k + Xerri 495k + bank 419k = 1,546,000
    Cook 826k + Tom Trb 753k = 1,579,000

So 33k short of our desired trades on current prices. Still might be possible if Watson can like... do something and Cook has a quiet one or just burn a trade on Brittain/Staggs to Coates perhaps?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 34 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:20 am

Walters isn't even in the extended squad, so can cross him off as a possibility this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:03 am

Would rather not play a man down, but take your point on potentially Cook scoring more than Watson and Staggs combined.

Agree, worth waiting until Origin is done. Unfortunately, unless something concrete happens, all we will know about souths is their 19 man squad before Newcastle plays.

Potential to get Cook TTrbo and Burns on three trades if we wanted to. Would give us more depth for the run home but would force us to ditch one of the guys we were planning on keeping (probably Ponga).
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:12 pm

I think I'd rather keep Ponga. Tom and Burns have had their share of injuries too. I guess Tom would outscore Ponga if he backs up this week and gets the extra game, but I think it's pretty close still.

7k short of going Staggs/Xerri to Burns/Cook this week Sad

Staggs BE is 23 and Cook's 77, so a good chance we could afford it next week, but then we still have Watson hanging around losing cash..

I keep coming back to Staggs to Burns this week for 95k of our 419k bank, leaving plenty for Watson to Cook next week.

So this week we'd look something like:

324k bank and 3 trades

Cam
    Fifita, Haas
    Taumalolo, Murray, Taupau
    Brooks, SJ
    Bateman, Nikora
    RTS, Watson, Burns

McInnes
    AFB
    SST
    Xerri

Brittain, Ponga, Teddy, Walters

Next week Watson to Cook for about 200k of our 324k bank and 2 trades left.

WFB becomes RTS, Teddy, Ponga.

Cook onto the bench and Burns/Xerri at 18th/19th man.

With 2 trades and over 120k to cover injuries.

Alternatively punt Xerri instead of Staggs, maybe take a slight points hit this week, but have like over 250k.

That massive bank has me leaning back towards Xerri to Burns rather than Staggs now that I've checked the numbers.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Deeper dive on Tom vs. Ponga.

If we chose to get Tom and Burns this week, Cook next and punt Ponga, we'd effectively be playing Tom over Staggs for this week (or Watson?). Only worth about 20 points extra vs. Staggs going by averages.

If Tom were to hit a 50 average for the first time this year and backs up from origin, he'd play 9 games for 450 points.

Ponga with 8 games averaging 53 would be worth 424 points + Staggs this week for 30, so ends up slightly ahead and saves a trade.

Having Ponga and Burns also gives us HLF cover in some situations, which Tom wouldn't allow for.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:08 pm

If we go Xerri to TTrbo, we are $40k off Watson to Cook.

If Cook plays limited minutes after origin like he did last time, we are a chance at closing that gap, but would need Watson to put up a decent score.

But I think Xerri to Trbo deserves consideration at the very least.
    We probably want Cook next week, so if he doesn't lose the cash it would necessitate a double trade next week (cash out Brittain, or perhaps injuries will force our hand)

If we don't go TTrbo we need a WFB or to play 1 short
    Burns (443k)
    Corey Thompson (533k)
    Drinkwater ($595k)
    Wighton ($696k)

Bit more of a risk, Josh Mansour ($467k) has shown signs of getting back to his best recently

Personalyl Id probably go Burns if we dodn't go TTrbo, because I think his CTR will come in handy as an alternative to Nikora, with his scoring slowing recently.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:21 pm

We could wait and see how Watson goes. If he scores well enough for the money gap to be closed, then take the punt on trbo. If he doesn’t, go burns.... alternatively we could just accept having to use three trades to get Cook & TTrbo and therefore as u say get trbo regardless of how watson goes.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Yeah sounds like a pretty good plan. I'm happy with Tom or Burns and Cook.

The extra cash and trade saved from Burns could be handy, but we should have an extra gun when full strength with Tom, so hopefully can survive with 1 trade and not much bank if that's how it pans out.

Origin time, up the Blues. Good luck in the cricket RnT cheer

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:43 pm

So our main options are

Ttrbo and Cook (likely 1 trade remaining. If we are lucky we might have 2 trades remaining)

Burns and Cook (2 trades remaining)

Anyone keen on Drinkwater, Wighton or any other WFB
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Milchy wrote:
    So our main options are

Ttrbo and Cook (likely 1 trade remaining. If we are lucky we might have 2 trades remaining)

Burns and Cook (2 trades remaining)

Anyone keen on Drinkwater, Wighton or any other WFB

Go for it and go TTurbo overs on Burns

Only other WFB I'd consider to Match turbo would be Wighton because of his base

Last edited by Welshy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:45 pm

The 3rd option is Ttrbo and Cook but ditching Ponga.

Only really makes sense if Ponga misses lots of games.

Will put a vote up tomorrow. Possibility of injuries tint forcing hand elsewhere
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 am

Any injuries from origin??
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:57 am

Wade Graham hammy

Michael Morgan HIA

not sure of any others
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:44 am

I think our best bet at finishing high up is to get TTrbo and Cook. I'd haily burn three trades to get both.

The trouble about Ponga is you of course dont now that he will miss lots of games (unless they release something). So therefore we will just need to make a call on him.

I think for now we just wait and see how Watson goes. If he goes huge then TTrbo for sure... if not, well, rethink I guess!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:02 am

1006 this week, dropped ranks to 280.
    3 trades left and $471k in the bank, so just a question of where to spend it

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 34 Commun23

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 34 Commun22
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 am

Pretty sure we want Cook this week, although who we lose is up for discussion.

We may also want a half . With current team, we should be able to play 2 of Brooks, Watson, Ponga. With Teddy, RTS, Burns as WFBs

If we want to ditch SJ, then DCE or Munster are the best replacements.

if we had the trades, SST to Jtrbo would be on the cards, but I think its a bit of a luxury in our current situation.

If we are happy with our current halves, then Staggs to Cook works in a single trade.
    Otherwise things get a bit tricky
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 am

Did SJ get injured? Someone posted in an other thread he could be out for some time.

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:59 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Did SJ get injured? Someone posted in an other thread he could be out for some time.

Left ground in moonboot with possible syndesmosis injury. However nrl physio reckons because he played out game it could be minor (1-2 weeks) but have to wait for official scans from sharks
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 am

I guess our next move is dependent on SJ/Ponga. Will wait and see how that pans out.

What are the BEs of Watson, Staggs, DCE and Cook?

I see we are only a few k away from going Staggs + Watson to DCE & Cook!.

If we could pull that off we could run into the final rounds with:
    Cook
    Fifita Haas
    Murray Lolo Taupau
    DCE SJ
    Nikora Bateman
    Teddy RTS Ponga

CS9 CM9 AFB SST

Burns Brooks Brittain Walters

Thats Cover in all positions and the potential to double loop: Once in the halves (free look at Brooks/SJ/DCE) and the other for 17th man (SST/AFB/Burns)

With 1 trade left that looks like it could be pretty ideal...

But as per above, waiting for the SJ Ponga news will make things clearer.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:20 am

I think we should look at moving SST to 18th man if possible, or out of the team. Maybe give him another week to see if his low minutes were related to his return from injury or a new normal now that Roosters are just about full strength

Also, I would rather play Burns than Nikora at starting CTR, unless we think we need him for WFB cover.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:57 am