NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 18 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pain Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:08 am

No Worries wrote:

No Worries seems to be barking up the wrong tree. No Worries didn't know that Bronco's supporters were as spineless as their fullback. Don't worry No Worries, here's a little song to get you through.

"Aint no sunshine when he's gone
    He's always gone to long
    Every time Wayne goes away"

I'm up for it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 18 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:13 am

How long ?
    1 week
    2 weeks
    Till your team wins it's next game ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:59 am

Someone's in a good mood this morning. Did you get lucky last night?
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 pm

No Worries wrote:How long ?
    1 week
    2 weeks
    Till your team wins it's next game ?

1 week will do
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:48 pm

We are really bad.

The defence hasn't improved, the attack seems to be getting worse, everyone is out of form, Roberts continues to be a dumbass, stupid suspensions to important players, halves can't control a game if they were playing under 12s.

Honestly the only good thing about tonight's game was Haas, bloke is an animal and the only one who gets a pass mark. Obviously the last missed tackle cost us but MCK ran around 3/4 of the team so can't just blame him.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Does this Bronco's side remind you of how Bennett left the Knights ?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:58 am

No Worries wrote:Does this Bronco's side remind you of how Bennett left the Knights ?

Reminds me of how Bennett left the Ipswich under 15s.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:12 am

the frustrating thing about this team right now, is that even with all the flaws in our game, and there's been many flaws, we'd be 3-2 if we just do the most basic and fundamental part of rugby league - hold on to the fucking football...

it's not a hard concept, even in the first fortnight of the season when the Bulldogs were playing like the worst NRL team you've ever seen, they were still able to successfully hold on to the ball, but for whatever reason, we can barely complete 2 sets in a row without turning over possession and lord forbid a Bronco be about to score a try because in that moment they apparently forget how hands work.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 am

ryno_ wrote:

Reminds me of how Bennett left the Ipswich under 15s.

You mean the Broncos pack, over the hill or still wet behind the ears or the spine of FAC, Niko & Boyd ?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:37 am

Is it time?

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 18 Panic10
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:17 am

surmo13 wrote:the frustrating thing about this team right now, is that even with all the flaws in our game, and there's been many flaws, we'd be 3-2 if we just do the most basic and fundamental part of rugby league - hold on to the fucking football...

it's not a hard concept, even in the first fortnight of the season when the Bulldogs were playing like the worst NRL team you've ever seen, they were still able to successfully hold on to the ball, but for whatever reason, we can barely complete 2 sets in a row without turning over possession and lord forbid a Bronco be about to score a try because in that moment they apparently forget how hands work.

They are in just about the same form they were in at this time last year. They just haven't had the lucky moments/ref decisions that got them the 2 points.

To start off last season, they had 3 or 4 games with contentious decisions that got them the win, or some very unlucky situations (one of the cowboys player being stopped by the goal post from memory, the penalty at the end of the game against the tigers etc)

They shouldn't have made the finals last year, and this year is a true reflection of how the side is actually performing. Jack Bird dropping the ball over the line is the epitome of how the side is mentally performing. There is no reason known to man for him to drop that ball - but their limited mental toughness and overconfidence are clearly on display at the moment. Its a classic case of thinking they will shit it in, thinking that they have already won the game, but then not putting in the effort to actually win it. Matt Lodge's hands too... lol. I would drop him for at least a week after that performance.

They may very well come good towards the back end of the year (I expect them to), but unless they make some big changes to their halves, fullback and hooker - they will go nowhere.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:33 am

Fuck me, I can handle them not having recruited well. I can also accept that some young guys might not be consistent. I can also handle them making mistakes and even not playing well. But gee I just can't handle how stupid they continue to play.

1. If you drop the ball a metre out from scoring, try and have a good defensive set from the 10m scrum. Don't go and boot it dead giving them a 7 tackle set from the 20m line. Last night wasn't the first time it happened this season.
    2. Don't fall for dummy's from props.
    3. 6 points down with 20 to go and going for a short line drop out. Whatever you do don't give a penalty away 10m out straight in front...
    4. 6 Points down and the drop out is going a few metres out. If you're on the winger at least try and make a jump for it on the tiny chance you get a fingernail on it and cause a scrum rather than penalty in front.
    5. Opposition does a bad bomb? Dont sprint hard at it and try to bat it back to your own team. WTF?
    6. Okay so they've sprinted up and you can't take the field goal attempt? Put it in-goal and try for a repeat set, don't pass to your prop in traffic.
    7. On one attacking side you have an origin wing and centre. Can you please send them a pass that doesn't get there on the bounce?
    8. We're 10m out with our 3rd set of six in a row. Better take 4 dummy half shuffles (I won't call them runs) and a couple of one out hit ups...

Finally, I think it was a double movement because he promoted his position with his legs pushing off the ground, but I'm not even mad about that. They deserve what they have got this season. I actually think they are trying hard most of the time, but just so, so stupid. Even if they got a penalty from a double movement someone probably would have failed to find touch.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:42 am

Pieman wrote:

They are in just about the same form they were in at this time last year. They just haven't had the lucky moments/ref decisions that got them the 2 points.

To start off last season, they had 3 or 4 games with contentious decisions that got them the win, or some very unlucky situations (one of the cowboys player being stopped by the goal post from memory, the penalty at the end of the game against the tigers etc)

They shouldn't have made the finals last year, and this year is a true reflection of how the side is actually performing. Jack Bird dropping the ball over the line is the epitome of how the side is mentally performing. There is no reason known to man for him to drop that ball - but their limited mental toughness and overconfidence are clearly on display at the moment. Its a classic case of thinking they will shit it in, thinking that they have already won the game, but then not putting in the effort to actually win it. Matt Lodge's hands too... lol. I would drop him for at least a week after that performance.

They may very well come good towards the back end of the year (I expect them to), but unless they make some big changes to their halves, fullback and hooker - they will go nowhere.

The sad thing is that the two flipper hands you've mentioned have probably been out two best players this season. They should have been up by 20 by the time the Tigers scored their first try. Did win $100 on the footy doubles though, so at least that was nice.

I think they will get better as the season goes on, like Souths did last year, but we can't try to do it like Souths did. They have big forwards with quick play the balls like the Burgess brothers, a halfback who can actually hit the side of a shed with a pass, fast outside backs who are happy to just use their speed, and a steppy 5/8 who can pick and choose when to take on the line. We have young footballers who try and eat a few more metres rather than go for a quick play the balls, outside backs who like to step rather than use their speed (and aren't really that fast other than Roberts), and a halfback who can't hit a target if he has to pass it more than 2m. Siebold will have to find a way different to what he did with Souths.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am

I haven't bought a footy double in years. Where were you ?
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 am

No Worries wrote:I haven't bought a footy double in years. Where were you ?

They still sell them at Suncorp Stadium. I got a text from my friend at halftime that Gillett was out due to HIA. My 11 year old son says "At least he scored first before he went off" haha.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am

Dip wrote:

They still sell them at Suncorp Stadium. I got a text from my friend at halftime that Gillett was out due to HIA. My 11 year old son says "At least he scored first before he went off" haha.
    haha i had 10 on him for first try - so was pretty happy with it too
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Dip wrote:

1. If you drop the ball a metre out from scoring, try and have a good defensive set from the 10m scrum. Don't go and boot it dead giving them a 7 tackle set from the 20m line. Last night wasn't the first time it happened this season.
    2. Don't fall for dummy's from props.

Fox didn't even mention this but fuck it was dumb

i thought lodge was chasing it to make sure it doesn't go dead, then he just boots it, fuck me

you don't expect every player to know every rule like fergo knowing the rolling ball rule but fuck me any player, regardless of how dumb they may be should know what difference in restart is going to occur there, simple stuff
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

No Worries wrote:I haven't bought a footy double in years. Where were you ?

Lang Park and CBus still sell them - love getting them.

As for last night, the less said the better.

Our forwards actually had a dig and with the roll we had going, sort of exposed the form of our halves at the moment - Milf in particular should have torn them apart.

They will come good eventually but our handling is deadset woeful at the moment.

I've previously been a big FAC fan but we really aren't getting a lot of clean service from the bloke at the moment and it's a big problem.

Blokes that I think have been generally good and can hold their head high are Glenn (IMO best player we have), Bird (despite some shit errors), Staggs, Haas and Fifita.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:31 pm

And another thing while I'm on a 24 hour rant. I'm a bit sympathetic to Milford because he's being asked to be something that he isn't, because there's no other organiser in the halves, but when all is said and done, if you pay someone a mil a season or close to, their bad games have to be 7/10. If someone like Isaako or Sua or Joe O has a bad game, I can accept that from your lower wage players every now and then, but if you go for a contract and ask for big money, then you have the at least okay EVERY game. Your best doesn't have to be Ben Barba or Shaun Johnson great, but when was the last time someone like Slater, Smith, Cronk, JT, Inglis, Surgess had a genuinely bad game? If you're Milf, or TPJ, or Boyd, or Moses or Morgan, or Foran or whoever, don't ask for $800K+ if half a dozen times a year you are a liability to the team compared to picking whatever fringe first grader is trying to make that last bench spot.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:08 am

Bennett is excellent at knowing when he doesn't have the cattle. I was super surprised that Seibold would leave what he'd built at Souths to someone else to go to a Broncos team that played above their station with the spine they had. Bennett on the other hand made all the right noises, but could see there was more upside to The Souths side than what he had at his disposal in Brisbane and what he could bring up there. Very astute from the old master, and seibold will likely not last more than two seasons.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm