NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 10 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Napa might be pushed out of the Roosters and Tapau wants out of manly, surely the broncos can afford one if not both of them if they want?
    Ice

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 10 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Ice Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 am

No Worries wrote:Seibold isn't fond of high maintanence shit human beings, you'll lose Lodge too. TPJ is going to Souths, you almost need to hope it's Hayne's dream to play in the forwards.

Seibold will bring the CAC to replace the FAC!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Ice wrote:

Seibold will bring the CAC to replace the FAC!

I hope so!

We need some rep players only have what like 3 current rep players? We’re pretty hard done by
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I hope so!

We need some rep players only have what like 3 current rep players? We’re pretty hard done by

And your in need of forwards so it fits both
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am

Thoughts on Bennett being a greedy cunt Broncos fans?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Krump wrote:Thoughts on Bennett being a greedy cunt Broncos fans?

At the end of the day he has a contract if they want him gone then pay him if they don’t want to pay him keep him.

Regardless of what Bennett does he’s seen as the bad guy to majority of league fans. If he stays he’s “holding us back and lost the group” if he leaves “he’s abandoning the club that looked after him” if he leaves with the money thats contracted to him “he’s a greedy cunt”
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

At the end of the day he has a contract if they want him gone then pay him if they don’t want to pay him keep him.

Regardless of what Bennett does he’s seen as the bad guy to majority of league fans. If he stays he’s “holding us back and lost the group” if he leaves “he’s abandoning the club that looked after him” if he leaves with the money thats contracted to him “he’s a greedy cunt”
    I'm surprised you're defending him to be honest. It's not like if he did the right thing and left he's not walking straight into another job, it looks like a money grab pure and simple?
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:30 pm

If I get fired I'm making sure I get paid out what I'm entitled to regardless of whether I walk straight into another job or not. Anyone who says they'd do otherwise is either a liar or an idiot.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Krump wrote:
    I'm surprised you're defending him to be honest. It's not like if he did the right thing and left he's not walking straight into another job, it looks like a money grab pure and simple?

Not defending as much I more mean what DIP said if I leave my job I'm getting my 100 hours of AL paid out regardless where I go.

Part of it is probably spiteful that he has to go but at the end of the he has a contract. I feel itd be more of a greedy cunt thing to do if it were Bennett wanting to break the contract and also be paid out
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:24 pm

Plus also, since something like 68% of the Broncos is owned by News Limited, I reckon most people would be gunning for the little guy, the battler, the employee that is Wayne Bennett, to have the money rather than a huge multi-national corporation. All Rupert would do with that money is buy another ivory back scratcher.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:09 pm

So benny is staying on for another year.
    Why do they want him to??
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:36 pm

If you're a player and you know the coach isn't going to be there next year do you have the same enthusiasm ?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:47 pm

No Worries wrote:If you're a player and you know the coach isn't going to be there next year do you have the same enthusiasm ?

i don't get this line of thinking, there's a grand final to be won before Wayne goes anywhere and any player that doesn't want to win it shouldn't be playing.

In fact, if the playing group is as indebted to Wayne as has been harped on about in the media, they should have all the motivation they need to send him out on top
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:07 am

Dip wrote:Plus also, since something like 68% of the Broncos is owned by News Limited, I reckon most people would be gunning for the little guy, the battler, the employee that is Wayne Bennett, to have the money rather than a huge multi-national corporation. All Rupert would do with that money is buy another ivory back scratcher.
    I sincerely hope he's there for the whole year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 am

yeah I dont get it either, unless the players are genuinely upset that he is leaving etc. He has been forced out though so I dont see why players would be all that upset. Disappointed he is going tho, sure.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:52 am

surmo13 wrote:

i don't get this line of thinking, there's a grand final to be won before Wayne goes anywhere and any player that doesn't want to win it shouldn't be playing.

In fact, if the playing group is as indebted to Wayne as has been harped on about in the media, they should have all the motivation they need to send him out on top

Don't know that the playing group are indebted to him and don't know that sending him out on top is necessarily a goal for the playing group. I don't get the line of thinking which is why I asked the question. I would think you're letting down your mates, and to play half arsed is a dog act. But it happens time and time again. You see a team that has lost confidence or respect for the coach and they play like a busted week in week out. The Bennett game plan isn't the plan you will be playing next year so what's the point, it hasn't won a comp in recent memory why would this year be any different.

When you know your coach is already planning training camps for the opposition, that staff positions have remained vacant so he can bring in his own people,  that can't be good. Worse if he does actually stay and you know he's just back flipped again, how can you respect that ? If he stays you don't make the 8.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:33 pm

If he stays and they are shit half way through the year, they will fuck him off surely.
    If they go well, it will be a good story!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:07 pm

No Worries wrote:

Don't know that the playing group are indebted to him and don't know that sending him out on top is necessarily a goal for the playing group. I don't get the line of thinking which is why I asked the question. I would think you're letting down your mates, and to play half arsed is a dog act. But it happens time and time again. You see a team that has lost confidence or respect for the coach and they play like a busted week in week out. The Bennett game plan isn't the plan you will be playing next year so what's the point, it hasn't won a comp in recent memory why would this year be any different.

When you know your coach is already planning training camps for the opposition, that staff positions have remained vacant so he can bring in his own people,  that can't be good. Worse if he does actually stay and you know he's just back flipped again, how can you respect that ? If he stays you don't make the 8.

This scenario has happened time and time again? usually when a coach is moved on, it's in the middle of a lost cause of a season, at which point it's unerstandable that players would clock off, but while there is still every opportunity to win the damn thing? i don't see it. Are you suggesting off-contract and players that sign for other clubs will play like shit because they might be/won't be coached by the same person? a year is a long time in rugby league and almost nothing is guarenteed, don't see why they would be thinking that far ahead to their own detriment. I'm confident that we'd make the 8 under Bennett.

On a similar note, getting really sick of this super-dumb, super-forced media circus, at every single checkpoint that's gone into the coaching decision, the Broncos and Paul White have unequivocally stated that Bennett is coaching the team in 2019, and now i see they are copping heat for staying silent, and i'm trying to figure what more they're supposed to do, if they had to put out a statement every time the CM/DT throw out a half-arsed speculative 'will they or won't they swap' nothing article, Paul White would have to set-up a sleeping bag in the media room and the PR team would have to start rostering day/night shifts to copy & paste the same message into a tweet & mass e-mail every 5 minutes for the next year
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:30 pm

I believe it's more if they're not performing or they're not adhering to team rules it's harder to respect someone you know is leaving and doesn't have your future in mind as such.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 am

Bennett may have over played his hand and need to chow down on some humble pie and get his arse down to Redfern. If he stays in Brisbane this year he has royally screwed over hs future employer. And word is they aint too happy about it. Not a smart thing to do. Particularly when you don't have a signed contract with them for next year, only a letter of intent. When the Sharks sack Flannagan for his involvement in the salary cap rorting the Bunnies will sign him and pay out Seibold so they don't have someone elses coach coachng their team.

Stay tuned this isn't over yet.

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 am