NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 35 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by dasherhalo Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Clap
    Dip

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 35 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Dip Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:05 am

How much do we win that game by if we have Damien Cook? 20? Fuck he was brilliant.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:29 am

Just thought I’d drop by and say Hi.

Hi! Laughing Laughing Laughing

We flogged you again......no Burgi, no Burns, no AJ.

Premiers.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:38 am

Rabbit wrote:Just thought I’d drop by and say Hi.

Hi! Laughing Laughing Laughing

We flogged you again......no Burgi, no Burns, no AJ.

Premiers.
    Why you so angry then?

Coffee
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:56 pm

Well Darius has got his Mojo back in defence. His tackle on Gutherson to stop him from getting to the FG attempt was a beauty.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:47 am

You'd think Darius was Michael Jackson by reading the comments over at BHQ, the way they're walking the comments backwards......

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:09 am

So nice of Annesley to apologize to the Eels for not blowing a penalty over a situation that happens on every single field goal attempt and a fair few 5th tackle kicks with no whistle blown, I'll be here waiting for the apology for ruling Milford's knock back a knock-on, or the bunker watching 3 Eels play hot potato with the ball amongst themselves in the in-goal before it going forward into a Bronco and somehow finding an Eels 20m tap with a 7-tackle set, two decisions which took away our opportunity to seal the game before the Eels could mount their comeback, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i won't hold my breath.....
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 am

surmo13 wrote:So nice of Annesley to apologize to the Eels for not blowing a penalty over a situation that happens on every single field goal attempt and a fair few 5th tackle kicks with no whistle blown

Yeah, this was weird. Its been happening all year, for most field goal attempts.

I guess we should expect a crackdown now, leading into finals.. . .>>??

Post by Guest Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:47 am

i'd just appreciate it if we could spend the off-season working on being a team that even just LOOKS like they give a shit in the games that matter, that'd be fantastic.

I don't want to see Boyd in a Broncos jersey ever again, I don't give a shit if he decides to hang around, pay him 800k a year to fall over himself in a Dolphins jersey, how on earth you spend 10+ years playing at fullback, see a bomb aimed directly at you and turn your back and duck like you've decided just because the 1 isn't on your back anymore, catching the fucking football isn't in your job description fucking eludes me.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:07 pm

You guys will bounce back next year. You've got a great young pack.....no Alvaro, but solid enough.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Purely and utterly embarrassing. Not much else needs to be said.

Ice wrote:You guys will bounce back next year. You've got a great young pack.....no Alvaro, but solid enough.

I dunno man. I'm usually optimistic about our team, but I don't see how we improve. The pack should theoretically be better, but we're still fucked right through the spine.

We probably need to make a couple of smart signings, but I don't know who or where from.

I still think Milford is better as a 6, but we need a controlling/kicking 7 to bring out his best.

That had better be the last we see of Boyd, and possibly others. But as above, if those guys go, who replaces them, or do we just have an even younger squad next year.

And where/how does Bird fit back into the picture. If Milford does plays 1, then maybe at 6.. or maybe Bird could handle fullback with a full off season to get his fitness up.

EDIT: just saw this -

Chris Garry
    @ChrisGarry7
    Brisbane are leaning towards playing Jack Bird as fullback next year and putting Milford in the halves again... Boyd at left centre or bench. I think it's their best option moving forward. This spine can't stay together.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:31 pm

The hooker needs to go too. Turpin should be the starter from now on. They should never have let benji go lol
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:10 am

my tv broke wrote:Purely and utterly embarrassing. Not much else needs to be said.

I dunno man. I'm usually optimistic about our team, but I don't see how we improve. The pack should theoretically be better, but we're still fucked right through the spine.

We probably need to make a couple of smart signings, but I don't know who or where from.

I still think Milford is better as a 6, but we need a controlling/kicking 7 to bring out his best.

That had better be the last we see of Boyd, and possibly others. But as above, if those guys go, who replaces them, or do we just have an even younger squad next year.

And where/how does Bird fit back into the picture. If Milford does plays 1, then maybe at 6.. or maybe Bird could handle fullback with a full off season to get his fitness up.

EDIT: just saw this -

Chris Garry
    @ChrisGarry7
    Brisbane are leaning towards playing Jack Bird as fullback next year and putting Milford in the halves again... Boyd at left centre or bench. I think it's their best option moving forward. This spine can't stay together.

Firstly, I've probably watched nearly every Broncos game since their inception and all things considered, that was likely the worst loss in the clubs history.
    We deadset gave up and that is something Bennett would never have tolerated when he moulded the culture of the club.

Anyway as disappointing as that was, these things happen and it needs to become a landmark day which we note as the turning point when we eventually win a comp.

FAC is rapidly becoming the FDC (Future Dolphins Captain) and even that is being generous.
    To me that is the first thing we need to fix.

Then a half and I'm not sure Deardon is the answer, in fact I probably rate SOS's impact greater but such a small sample size for both players and too early to tell.

Boyd has struggled as a half but we need some older heads amongst the young blokes and the lack of experience showed yesterday - dumping Boyd would only make that worse.
    A Cooper Cronk or James Graham would do wonders to our team (mainly off the field and mentally).

Milf could be our fullback going forward but in fairness to the bloke, needs an off season training for there and thus trimming down.
    That's not a knock on the bloke, as we have seen this with many other players that have transitioned between positions or even sports (e.g. Hayne, Benji).

As for Jack Bird, playing him anywhere other than centre or back-row would be a huge mistake.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:02 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Firstly, I've probably watched nearly every Broncos game since their inception and all things considered, that was likely the worst loss in the clubs history.
    We deadset gave up and that is something Bennett would never have tolerated when he moulded the culture of the club.

Anyway as disappointing as that was, these things happen and it needs to become a landmark day which we note as the turning point when we eventually win a comp.

FAC is rapidly becoming the FDC (Future Dolphins Captain) and even that is being generous.
    To me that is the first thing we need to fix.

Then a half and I'm not sure Deardon is the answer, in fact I probably rate SOS's impact greater but such a small sample size for both players and too early to tell.

Boyd has struggled as a half but we need some older heads amongst the young blokes and the lack of experience showed yesterday - dumping Boyd would only make that worse.
    A Cooper Cronk or James Graham would do wonders to our team (mainly off the field and mentally).

Milf could be our fullback going forward but in fairness to the bloke, needs an off season training for there and thus trimming down.
    That's not a knock on the bloke, as we have seen this with many other players that have transitioned between positions or even sports (e.g. Hayne, Benji).

As for Jack Bird, playing him anywhere other than centre or back-row would be a huge mistake.

could play bird at 6 if you have a good enough halfback
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 am

Pieman wrote:

could play bird at 6 if you have a good enough halfback

We have a plethora of ball runners and desperately need an organiser
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:53 am

We don't even need a top level halfback like Cooper Cronk, just someone who can organise and have a half decent kicking game. Blake Green is the sort of player who comes to mind. I haven't really seen enough of Deardon to see if he can be that player, but initially he doesn't look to be that player. Perhaps we have to lose some talent to buy a potentially inferior player who is more what the team needs. I'd be prepared to trade TPJ given what we have in the forwards. I've listed a few players who would be worth asking the question to (I've excluded players who 100% won't be released like Keary).

Lets start from the top. The forward pack is fine, but needs an experienced leader. Glenn is the closest we have to that, but you need someone the other's will follow and end up being more consistent. Maybe Haas becomes that guy but that's too much to ask of a 19 year old. Call me crazy, and I know he'd be expensive, but if SBW wants a gig post RWC then maybe him.

If you don't have a hooker who can run, you can't win the comp. That hasn't been McCullough for a while now. I know he's only 29 but that's reality. I think Turpin will be well served with a season halfback to do that, and at least he has a go. I like Seggy off the bench but he's over 30 now so his running game will diminish (and wasn't that great this year anyway), and like Roberts, eventually ends up in trouble off field.

Milf is a 5/8. He gets caught out of position at fullback too often. He isn't an organiser though.

Boyd, thanks for your service, but you're too slow to be a fullback now, don't commit enough to tackles, and since you can't kick or run aren't a 5/8. Time to retire.

Gillett, I'll keep you because you've got a lot of credit and a lot of upside. I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt that this year you were still overcoming a very serious injury. I just hope that it isn't something like Gorden Tallis, where a serious injury either cuts short your career or never lets you play to the same level again.

Plenty of time to negotiate trades or buy players for next year including possible releases so my template team for Round 1 20/20 would be something like this:

1. No idea. They don't have to be a ball player but they have to be able to catch, and run as fast as possible.
    2. Oates, but if he wants too much $$$ let him go for whatever Fiji 7's player wants a gig on a low contract.
    3. Bird
    4. Staggs (work on your defensive reads and draw and passes on the offseason)
    5. Isaako
    6. Milf (but put on notice for 2021)
    7. If I had to do a dream hit list it'd be Pearce/Moloney/Green/A Reynolds/Seizer
    8. Haas
    9. Turpin
    10. Lodge
    11. Glenn (need a forward leader)
    12. Fafita
    13. Gillett (but put on notice for 2021)
    14. Whatever reserve back trains the best and is not called Shibasaki
    15. Ofehengue
    16. Flegler
    17. Carrigan

I want to keep Seibold. He's not perfect but I want to see him shape a team around a style of play. I don't miss any of the players he has let go since he was appointed. McGuire would be the closest, but this season he seems to think cheap shot = tough. I want my hard men to be Petro/Webke tough, not that.

And I want the team to hurt in the off-season. Get them back into gut wrenching, work until you vomit training every day from Wednesday until the grand final so they are too tired to go nightclubbing around people who will blow smoke up their arse. then they can have their off season break in October. If they don't seem to want it enough to do that they can be cut.

Realistically, of those 17 I'd be happy to negotiate a trade for all of them other than Staggs, Haas, Fafita, Turpin, Lodge, Joe O, Flegler and Carrigan. I'd only trade Glenn for a genuine leader. Those guys might not be the best players we have, but I'd think there are a few young guys there who are pretty good value for money.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 am

Maybe we need to try Isaako as 1, he was ear-marked for it and I can't handle him defending on the wing anymore, talented as fuck with ball in hand but the amount of time he's spent in no man's land out wide when a backline movement goes his way, and not just this year, has been a constant frustration.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 am

Like how Seibold was brutally honest in his post-match presser, you could tell how furious he was. Blamed pretty much everyone involved with the club and that's how it should be.

Huge off-season for this club, one of the biggest yet. I never want to see Boyd or McCullough play for Brisbane ever again but odds on they will be in the 17 come round 1 next year.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:48 am

Wow, you guys really turn when The chips are down. You just got outplayed by a better coach, half and pack yesterday, but it's only one game, as I said,I think you'll bounce back.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:26 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

We have a plethora of ball runners and desperately need an organiser
    Hence the - good enough halfback - comment.

I found it absolutely crazy that they didnt try and get Maloney - Sezer has been told he can sign with other clubs too. He would be great. They are really banking on Deardon to become the next Cronk tho. They could even prob convince Pearce to leave newie.

Milf can play fullback, he just needs to lose some of the pudge and actually play in a fullback's body, not a hooker's body. He's even too tubby to play 6 IMO and has been for years.

Too many big headed young fellas who think they are king shit (not too dissimilar to newie) - who have not won anything. Tallis was spot on at the start of the season. They really need a James Graham or Corey Parker type to come and show them how to train, play for a full game and full season, and win.

White stepping down might help change the culture there too, since he has been in charge have they won anything?

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 pm