NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 34 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by ryno_ Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:15 pm

No Worries wrote:I've beeb meaning to ask all week

Who the fuck cut  Jake Turpin's hair ?

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 34 1072049
    Pieman
    Pieman

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 34 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 pm

coupla dodgy calls both ways in that game, but fark that last pass looked forward from milford lol

Post by Guest Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:20 pm

evidence is fun Smile

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 34 0p8n3T3
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:00 am

so according to those stills, milford throws it a step behind the line and haas catches it less than a step behind the line??

Lol

It looked forward I thought, especially out of his hands

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:31 am

Pieman wrote:so according to those stills, milford throws it a step behind the line and haas catches it less than a step behind the line??

Lol

It looked forward I thought, especially out of his hands

Throws it a step behind the line with his arms out in front of his body, but even if you're being willfully ignorant, the whole reason the bunker can't rule on forward passes is because camera angles can be deceptive, consider that:

a) Milford is in front of Haas when Haas takes possession, which is usually a very good indicator that the ball has left the hands backwards from a player with forward momentum.

b) you're trying desperately to split hairs over what you think is 'half a step' from, again, a pass from a player with forward momentum.

c) The channel 9 commentary team, who absolutely live for moments where they can have a big ol' circle-jerk about how terrible the refs are, and have spent the night doing it every time they think they see a half-reason to start, question the forward pass live, but through the replays of the try and right on through until the end of whatever the fuck 'thursday night golden point' is supposed to be, never utter the words 'forward pass' again.

buuuuuuuuut I don't know why I'm trying to convince you of anything, you'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades than admit i'm right about anything, if i said the sky was blue, you'd tell me it's green.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 am

surmo13 wrote:

Throws it a step behind the line with his arms out in front of his body, but even if you're being willfully ignorant, the whole reason the bunker can't rule on forward passes is because camera angles can be deceptive, consider that:

a) Milford is in front of Haas when Haas takes possession, which is usually a very good indicator that the ball has left the hands backwards from a player with forward momentum.

b) you're trying desperately to split hairs over what you think is 'half a step' from, again, a pass from a player with forward momentum.

c) The channel 9 commentary team, who absolutely live for moments where they can have a big ol' circle-jerk about how terrible the refs are, and have spent the night doing it every time they think they see a half-reason to start, question the forward pass live, but through the replays of the try and right on through until the end of whatever the fuck 'thursday night golden point' is supposed to be, never utter the words 'forward pass' again.

buuuuuuuuut I don't know why I'm trying to convince you of anything, you'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades than admit i'm right about anything, if i said the sky was blue, you'd tell me it's green.
    Surmbro - uses pictures to attempt to prove a point, the pictures, if anything show that the pass went slightly forward lol then says you cant use it/video because of the angles. One of your best.

Im not desperately trying to split hairs hahaha wtf
    All I said was - "fark I thought that pass was forward". You are the one who came in swinging blindly 'defending' with your stills and alphabetised lists.

After watching again - the first thing the commentator says is "forward pass was it?", and the crowd starts booing. A couple of cowboys players claim it was forward too. Pretty sure that is enough for me to also agree and say - I think that was forward lol. IMO, the ball clearly goes forward out of milfs hands.

I think it was forward, you don't - that's ok. Calm down mate.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:31 am

This thread is almost as punishing as watching the combination of our 9, 7, and 6 right now.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:38 am

and when i refer to camera angles being deceiving, i refer to movements of the ball in video, (ie. passes to that direction on that side of the field travel from right to left on the screen) not still frames from it, as far as i can see the ball is passed out in front of Milfords body just before the line, and hits Offa's chest just before the line, making it a flat at worst, but if you want to debate the ball itself travelled forward the length of a school ruler, as per the video above, the stills show the ball travels backwards in relation to the 2 players.

EDIT: and don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a thing, like i said, Pieface lives to disagree with me, I was more providing an argument to a hypothetical rational person that comes in with the belief that it was a forward pass, but is actually open to other viewpoints. I've shown my working out, presented my evidence, so the defense rests.

Last edited by surmo13 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 am

It was line ball, live it looked forward to me but I had money on the Cowboys and I hate the Broncos so it was always going to look forward. Regardless he should have been tackled and you play to the whistle.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:06 am

my tv broke wrote:This thread is almost as punishing as watching the combination of our 9, 7, and 6 right now.

I'm really afraid we're going to waste the young talent we have at the club because we're not putting the right players around them.

We have the best young forwards in the game, a superstar in Milford at fullback, a great up and coming hooker in Turpin, another star in the making in Dearden at 7, but we still need that 5/8 to play alongside him. The answer isn't Darius Boyd and it will never be Darius Boyd.

Why the fuck didn't we didn't Maloney? He would have been perfect to put alongside Dearden for a year or two to help his development, now next season he will have Boyd or a young half next to him which is only going to make us weaker.

We can't let the young talent we have at our disposal go to waste, we just can't. The things Haas, Fifita, TPJ, Carrigan, Flegler, Lodge etc are capable of is incredible, we just need to fix up a couple of positional issues and we will be challenging again.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:01 pm

surmo13 wrote:

and when i refer to camera angles being deceiving, i refer to movements of the ball in video, (ie. passes to that direction on that side of the field travel from right to left on the screen) not still frames from it, as far as i can see the ball is passed out in front of Milfords body just before the line, and hits Offa's chest just before the line, making it a flat at worst, but if you want to debate the ball itself travelled forward the length of a school ruler, as per the video above, the stills show the ball travels backwards in relation to the 2 players.

EDIT: and don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a thing, like i said, Pieface lives to disagree with me, I was more providing an argument to a hypothetical rational person that comes in with the belief that it was a forward pass, but is actually open to other viewpoints. I've shown my working out, presented my evidence, so the defense rests.

just wow lol
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:10 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

I'm really afraid we're going to waste the young talent we have at the club because we're not putting the right players around them.

We have the best young forwards in the game, a superstar in Milford at fullback, a great up and coming hooker in Turpin, another star in the making in Dearden at 7, but we still need that 5/8 to play alongside him. The answer isn't Darius Boyd and it will never be Darius Boyd.

Why the fuck didn't we didn't Maloney? He would have been perfect to put alongside Dearden for a year or two to help his development, now next season he will have Boyd or a young half next to him which is only going to make us weaker.

We can't let the young talent we have at our disposal go to waste, we just can't. The things Haas, Fifita, TPJ, Carrigan, Flegler, Lodge etc are capable of is incredible, we just need to fix up a couple of positional issues and we will be challenging again.

Agree. Soon as I heard Maloney was on the outer, I was really hoping we'd pick him up. He would slot into the Broncos side perfectly.

At this point in the season, I don't really care what happens. Dearden, SOS, and Paix getting injured in the last two months hasn't helped anything. But as you said, we can't rely on young guys without a strong leader among them.

I'm worried about how the team list (spine) will look in round 1 2020. I just hope there are things happening in the background to sort out the two elephants in the room.

Even if we punt them, there isn't much on the market. Hard to see an established half popping up for 2020, but this is, afterall, Rugby League.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:15 am

Honeysett wrote:It was line ball, live it looked forward to me but I had money on the Cowboys and I hate the Broncos so it was always going to look forward. Regardless he should have been tackled and you play to the whistle.

This. Personally happy for it to be called a line ball. Regardless of whatever else was going on though, bloke should NEVER had broken 3 tackles in that scenario to score.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:49 am

On another note - next year - the KIA broncos. New major sponsor
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:18 pm

surmo13 wrote:

Not going to comment on the Broncos/Milford pass in particular because I can be marginally biased at times...but also because the pass was clearly and undoubtedly backwards.

But fuck me, the calling of forward passes in general has been utter shite of late.

It's like the ref's have received a mandate to crack down on forward passes and it's pissing me off because they are robbing teams (and some of my fantasy players) of some really well worked tries.

Where I've seen them going wrong often is when the touch judge is calling them from a stationary position - which is an optical illusion and something I thought professional ref's would be all over.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Brisbane Broncos Womens Touch team just won the NRL Touch Premiership. Enjoy it Brisbane, bask in the greatness of being the premiers. Suck it everyone else.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:49 pm

ryno_ wrote:Brisbane Broncos Womens Touch team just won the NRL Touch Premiership. Enjoy it Brisbane, bask in the greatness of being the premiers. Suck it everyone else.

Everyone knows that and the NRLW Premiership are the only two trophies that REALLY matter.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:09 am

Brisbane fans are all aboard the Lions bandwagon. The Broncos are irrelevant for now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:28 am

surmo13 wrote:

Everyone knows that Charmyne Palavi and Suzi Taylor are the only two trophies that REALLY matter in QLD.

FTFY

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:52 am

pretty fucking ecstatic not to have Roberts anywhere near putting on a Broncos jersey anymore, should've spent the night dressed in civvies after he laid an elbow into the head of a player that already looked like he might be concussed when he faceplanted, great job with player safety and welfare there NRL, the cunt came back after 10 minutes and kept dropping elbows into any-one he could get a hold of, and in general played like shit as well, at least before and after that one brilliant play which shifted the momentum of the game where he obstructed Glenn on the kick-chase, knocked the ball on, then ran 50 metres downfield and jogged another 20 to get tackled at the 5 because he knew if he put the ball down over the try-line he was screwed in every-way, Roberts getting caught in a chase should've been the giant red flag to the refs that he fucked something up back there.

Look forward to the charge sheet tomorrow, where he should be missing the early rounds of next season, but i've read this story enough times to know that his name isn't Pangai, so he'll get a grade 1 dangerous contact, free to play on an early guilty plea and everyone will forget it even happened at all.

In conclusion, fuck James Roberts. Rant

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 pm