NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1 - Page 47 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Random wrote:My squad..

C. Smith
    D. Alvaro, L. Ah Mau
    N. Brown, T. Sims, L. Fitzgibbon
    G. Widdop, M. Morgan
    K. Holland, T. Lafai
    R. Tuivasa-Scheck, M. Moylan, B. Morris

K. Bromwich, R. Faitala-Mariner, A. Sezer, A. Brimson

I am really happy with my overall squad. Wish I didn't draft Brimson, I thought he was guaranteed WFB. Picked him up in Round 6 like an idiot. A big guy I missed out on was MBye. Tossing up between him and T. Sims. I thought Mbye would last the 3 picks until looping back to me. Not keen on the Alvaro pick as I have never owned him. RTS should go boom. My HLFs are the major weakness aside from my FRF. A lot of the season hinges on N. Brown.

Were you pick 2? Interesting putting our teams side by side. If so, our brains were aligned on quite a few picks
    Archer
    Archer

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1 - Page 47 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Post by Archer Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Random wrote:Sorry for the hold up lads. Just 5 more picks and we are all done and dusted for league 2.

So when it all gets said and done..

Who are the guys you regret picking up, or feel you could have got later?
    Who is a guy you are surprised you got so late?
    What are your teams strengths?
    What was your draft strategy? (If you had one.)
    Why will you beat me?
    Bumping this cause I want to see some answers other than my own. The talk of who you picked and why, with all the other strategy discussion dries up in here after it finishes, cmon peeps its the fun part, I need my fix!
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Also, can someone post the draft recap from L1 (or PM it to me and i can add it to this one) pretty please? I want to take a look through and see how much earlier/later my picks were in comparison (might also help with the first two questions).

Draft 2 Recap below:
    L2 Draft Log:
    Russ
    Russ

Post by Russ Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm

Archer wrote:Tevaga
    Tapau, Tolman
    James, Tapine, Guerra
    DCE, Wighton
    Mau, Croker
    Hoppa, Guth, Mr Ravalawa

Radley, Boyd, Dfifi, LLeilua

Solid Meh/10

L1 Pick 7

Hodgson
    Eisenhuth.  Finucane
    Arrow.  Martin.  Gallen
    Cleary.  Pearce
    Bateman.  Capewell
    Watson.  Mansour.  Isaako

Whitehead.  Papalli.   Glasby.  Hughes
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:40 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:
    Random wrote:My squad..

C. Smith
    D. Alvaro, L. Ah Mau
    N. Brown, T. Sims, L. Fitzgibbon
    G. Widdop, M. Morgan
    K. Holland, T. Lafai
    R. Tuivasa-Scheck, M. Moylan, B. Morris

K. Bromwich, R. Faitala-Mariner, A. Sezer, A. Brimson

I am really happy with my overall squad. Wish I didn't draft Brimson, I thought he was guaranteed WFB. Picked him up in Round 6 like an idiot. A big guy I missed out on was MBye. Tossing up between him and T. Sims. I thought Mbye would last the 3 picks until looping back to me. Not keen on the Alvaro pick as I have never owned him. RTS should go boom. My HLFs are the major weakness aside from my FRF. A lot of the season hinges on N. Brown.

Were you pick 2? Interesting putting our teams side by side. If so, our brains were aligned on quite a few picks

I was actually Pick 3. Tbh I was hoping Fifita would have dropped. But I couldn't not take Smith.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Random wrote:Sorry for the hold up lads. Just 5 more picks and we are all done and dusted for league 2.

So when it all gets said and done..

Why will you beat me?

- No regrets, if I went early on someone, it was because I wanted them. Possibly could have gotten Mbye a bit later but no regrets.
    - Taumalolo at the start of the 3rd/bottom of 2nd.
    - I should have a strong floor for points, although I might be short on players who can put a game out of reach.
    - After I missed a top half, ive gone a handful of halves I think can make the jump to if not elite, at least close to top tier. Only have to hit on one.
    - Because youre in L2, im already morally in front.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:looking for validation,

rate my team

Mcinnes
    woods lodge
    Friz, tapine, kikau
    Milf, Lewis
    Mau, marsters
    Turbo,JAC,Cotric

Radley, Dfifita, J morris, Clifford

I think I was pick 6, all the news from trials and transfers sets a different scene for round 1 then what I had going into the draft...
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I like clack Blocks side.

May start slow though with a few injuries.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:38 pm

I have already had my 1st long term injury !!

L2 pick 4

McInnis
    Papali, Vaughan
    Cordner, Jackson, Burr
    Reynolds, Brimson
    Marsters, Capewell
    Mansour, Roberts, Drinkwater

Mahoney, Fisher-Harris, Norman, Bird
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:46 pm

quicksand wrote:I have already had my 1st long term injury !!

L2 pick 4

McInnis
    Papali, Vaughan
    Cordner, Jackson, Burr
    Reynolds, Brimson
    Marsters, Capewell
    Mansour, Roberts, Drinkwater

Mahoney, Fisher-Harris, Norman, Bird

You always have the shortest of luck each year.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:01 am

L1, pick 6

Farah
    Taupau, Ofahengaue
    J.Papalii, Harris, Guerra
    DCE, Croft
    Peachey, CHN
    Ferguson, Nofoaluma, Wighton

Res: Lichaa, McLean, Manu, B.Nikora

I probably picked DCE, Ferguson and Peachey a bit early, but was worried about missing the boat on key position players.  WFBs in particular were flying off the board pretty early...  I think SI picked up  Teddy in the first round.

Farah (rd 13).  By the time it got to my second pick, Cook, Smith, McInnes, Macca were all gone; so I waited picking up a hooker.  And waited.  Started to shit bricks when Welshy picked up a second hooker (Koroisau) before filling his team, but was pretty pleased to get Farah so late (with Lichaa as back-up too in R15).

No idea really.  Looks ok across the board.  Solid across the pack with Taupau the standout and a couple of underrated scorers like Papalii, Harris and Guerra.  CTR/WFB a bit weak, but hoping Peachey and Wighton can do well and CHN or Nikora grab a starting spot.

Was looking to take the best player off the board at any time, but found myself chasing the pack most of time.  Picking 6th meant a fair gap between every second pick - and I missed runs on WFB, CTR, HOK etc

Why will you beat me?
    Looking across L1, teams look pretty even.  Would be hard-pressed to nominate a standout...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Hey guys, any draft tips? I'm in a draft with mates and have the last pick (18), I've cried don't worry
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:03 pm

@Liverpool_Bulldog

1st draft ever, started with no idea, just started by picking the players left with the biggest averages. Tried to get tricky and pick a back up hooker, not knowing that only 13 players count, which just meant I played catch up for the rest of the draft. About round 11 I worked out to strategically look at other players teams to estimate their picks and pick players based on this considering who may or may not make it around for my next pick.

The rest you can thank Welshy & Verbal

Draft from my experience is all about getting the top players in the tough to fill positions, particularly where there is a big gap between the tiers

2RF has the elite but the tier below has a huge group of players who are all pretty much the same.

WFB has 2/3 then a massive gap to the next level and has 3 positions to fill so the top level guys go quickly

Hooker has a gap between the elite but only one position to fill so unless I’m getting Smith or Cook I don’t really mind who I get

DPP (I've got like half a dozen or so) and Balance, Should let me adjust easier if i have some misfires

Try to influence who others are picking if i see the opportunity to thin out an area, such as halves
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 pm

What No Worries said!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Cheers lads.

Have no idea how I'll go but I think I'll be aiming for a lot of value being that low.

Guess I'll be going for the underrated guys this year
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers lads.

Have no idea how I'll go but I think I'll be aiming for a lot of value being that low.

don't be afraid to pick guys still at top of the pile though, at 18 you have to start runs at lite positions

I'd be targetting a top line WFB Tedesco (unlikely) TTurbo or halves back to back (Pearce, Cleary, SJ)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Welshy wrote:

don't be afraid to pick guys still at top of the pile though, at 18 you have to start runs at lite positions

I'd be targetting a top line WFB Tedesco (unlikely) TTurbo or halves back to back (Pearce, Cleary, SJ)

Cheers for that yeah it seems like a good place to start. Would you suggest one of each?? Like TTurbo/Cleary for instance?

Worth cashing in on those positions before looking at 2RF/FRF?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:57 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Cheers for that yeah it seems like a good place to start. Would you suggest one of each?? Like TTurbo/Cleary for instance?

Worth cashing in on those positions before looking at 2RF/FRF?

At 18th I wouldn't bother looking at 2RF/FR unless the top of the pile are there and they won't be!

I'm trying to get the draft list to see who was available then on our draft but sportsdeck is rubbish for functionality
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:02 pm

All good mate.

I'm sure I'll just be in for a bad year. 18 is way to many teams haha.

But basically I should be looking at the positions no-one is really looking at early (WFB/HLF/CTR)??

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers lads.

Yeah, Ted unlikely to be there, Rapana defs long gone.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:43 pm