NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Welshy
    Welshy

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Post by Welshy Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:51 am

Archer wrote:
    As opposed to the year i drafted Rapana and he was above teddy, in the top 10 scorers :RapanaAngry:

Sorry mate, can’t remember that :FrizelStop:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: Sportsdeck Draft League Thread 1

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am

Random wrote:How the hell do I look at other peoples teams?

View Other Teams button is just above BENCH.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:59 am

Random wrote:How the hell do I look at other peoples teams?

Or my team, then draft recap, then there’s a dropdown box to check out other teams.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:05 pm

Bring it home with a wet sail lads, these picks hardly matter anyway Razz
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:08 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:

Very Happy I pick who Ive done a bit of research on. Better the devil you know etc.

Fucking Dugan LOL

If you're going to pick glass you make sure you pick their replacement.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:45 am

We still have a few spots open in the VSDT league if people want to join (nothing like beating B/L in both formats)

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t773-2019-virtual-sports-dream-team-leagues-registration-thread

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:48 am

So close to finishing L2......
    Sauce Reed
    Sauce Reed

Post by Sauce Reed Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 am

Done

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:55 am

The Usual Suspects L2

Pick 2. Generally scrambling as my plan got crapped on early doors. None of my preferred 2nd picks made it back around to me and it was a battle from there. I generally picked a round too early after that (if you know what i mean).

It definitely has points in it, some boom players that can win a h2h on their own. Plenty of pos flex and trade options. Semi happy I think. Missing Ponga my big time machine moment. I dont regret any picks though but that might change on TLT or when the season starts.

Im open for trade offers!

Smith
    Ofa Lane
    Hess Murray Fitzgibbon
    Cleary Morgan
    Holland Inglis
    Turbo Mbye Widdop

Wallace Whitehead Manu CNK
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:49 am

we are moving in L2 again !!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:23 am

I've waited all day. I'm gonna drag this last pick out till tomorrow morning procrastinating like it's going to make a difference

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:25 am

Very Happy
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:50 am

Finish it off mr @Welshy
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 am

Vunivalu as Mr Irrelevant. Great last pick, happy with that
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:36 am

StormTrooper96 L2 team
    HK Hodgson
    FRF Fifita McLean
    2RF Crichton Yeo Matterson
    HLF Milford Croft
    CTR Blake Hampton
    WFB Watson McDonald Cotric
    EMG Fainu Egan Twal RFM

Really like my Yeo pick, think he will gun it this year and I think Panthers will finish top spot. I think either Feldt or McDonald will be in the elite of wingers this year, one of them will really elevate this year. I also think McLean is a dark horse and wouldn’t mind having him in my NRLF team. Bench is mainly all hopefuls in case I need a trade, ie hoping Twal nabs a lock role, Egan gets the 80, kori goes down and RFM goes back to those big scores.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am

League 1 - Motherruckers

Friend
    Fifita, McGuire
    Crichton, Matterson, Gillett
    Ponga, BHunt
    Croker, Blake
    Drinkwater, Roberts, Gagai

Koroisau
    Ese’Ese
    Twal
    Cordner

Think I drafted some outstanding depth players who can all come in and score as well as their counterparts if needed and offer some potential trade bait down the line

Took Drinkwater early based on his potential, if that comes off with Roberts and Gagai I should be good in the WFB, both Roberts and Gagai minus Crichton I’m expecting a return to fantasy form from. Blake was around late and Croker give me a boom CTR partnership.

Early picks Fifita, Crichton, Ponga should win me matchups on their own if they go large together, hate picking at start of rounds but really happy with how my team shaped up
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:52 am

My squad..

C. Smith
    D. Alvaro, L. Ah Mau
    N. Brown, T. Sims, L. Fitzgibbon
    G. Widdop, M. Morgan
    K. Holland, T. Lafai
    R. Tuivasa-Scheck, M. Moylan, B. Morris

K. Bromwich, R. Faitala-Mariner, A. Sezer, A. Brimson

I am really happy with my overall squad. Wish I didn't draft Brimson, I thought he was guaranteed WFB. Picked him up in Round 6 like an idiot. A big guy I missed out on was MBye. Tossing up between him and T. Sims. I thought Mbye would last the 3 picks until looping back to me. Not keen on the Alvaro pick as I have never owned him. RTS should go boom. My HLFs are the major weakness aside from my FRF. A lot of the season hinges on N. Brown.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:23 am

Farah
    Terepo Fonua-Blake
    Tolo Surgess Martin
    Mitchell Brooks
    Leilua Gagai
    RTS Isaako Dugan

Friend Eisenhuth Niko Xerri

1st draft ever, started with no idea, just started by picking the players left with the biggest averages. Tried to get tricky and pick a back up hooker, not knowing that only 13 players count, which just meant I played catch up for the rest of the draft. About round 11 I worked out to strategically look at other players teams to estimate their picks and pick players based on this considering who may or may not make it around. Did like my Xerri pick because at a club level he would cover my Dugan injury pick. Have no idea how I'll go. There's potential I guess,SOO should treat me well.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Tevaga
    Tapau, Tolman
    James, Tapine, Guerra
    DCE, Wighton
    Mau, Croker
    Hoppa, Guth, Mr Ravalawa

Radley, Boyd, Dfifi, LLeilua

Solid Meh/10
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:59 am

Random wrote:Sorry for the hold up lads. Just 5 more picks and we are all done and dusted for league 2.

So when it all gets said and done..

Who are the guys you regret picking up, or feel you could have got later?
    Hard question, not sure who I'd pick here from my team. I do have a regret in the form of a missed player. I wish i had of nabbed Bateman, I held off till a bit later because I thought he might go 2nd Row (and then i wasn't sure how busy/well he'd score) but if he ends up lock i think he'll be a great pick
    Who is a guy you are surprised you got so late?
    Muh Raiders!: Croker, Rd 22. Will be a top 4 Ctr again if his knee is ok (doubts here i guess) and Wighton is even passable standard (Compared to dummy and run errrrrr time). Also Tapine, got him Rd 5 which is earlyish i guess for his last years average, but I think he's primed for a big Season to bump him up to a top tier.
    What are your teams strengths?
    DPP (I've got like half a dozen or so) and Balance, Should let me adjust easier if i have some misfires
    What was your draft strategy? (If you had one.)
    Since I'm always at the bottom of a draft, i always try to influence who others are picking if i see the opportunity to thin out an area, such as halves. Left the hookers till much later, basically for the reasons Welshy already mentioned surrounding players in the lower tiers all being roughly the same so once you miss the top picks its not as much value. Tried to get a strong pick in most of my positions before filling any one (though Hooker and WFB were the notable exceptions). Used my bench for punts, more for my own backup safety net than any potential trades. Lastly, favoured DPP's if i was tossing up between picks
    Why will you beat me?
    I don't think you're in L2 are you? If you were, I guess I'd try score more points than you and win more matchups
    Response in bold above.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:43 am