NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Mulvy
    Mulvy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Warriors wrote:

I like it. Pretty similar setup to my team. Same back 5. Things I don't like, no Cartwright, no Lichaa, having Aubbs, Mbye and Arrow. Can someone please convince me on Lodge? Not sure of his pedigree, what is he priced at and what do people expect.

I've recently just got rid of Alvaro and Arrow for Fifita and Nuff - is this move a good one considering I don't have Smith?

Quite possibly depending on said nuff and team make up. I have also upgraded Alvaro to Fifita. I still think Alvaro will go well, but without Smith I feel I needed another gun in there to justify it and Fifita gives another captain option and will probably be top FRF even if doesn't improve much. Arrow depends on team lists. Should be very solid if starting somewhere.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

mulvy wrote:

Kinda confirms what I thought. Trap, trap, trap, trap and trap. All serious teams will have Milne.

Gray - Priced at 25 in a team expected to contend and score a lot of tries, games at centre that average jumps to 36 from 13 games. Not much value if he gets a wing spot but if he grabs a centre spot he is about 10 points under priced and playing in a better team
    Hiku - Career low average of 20 last year due to multiple low minute games off the bench. Previous low of 28. Tends to score better at centre but still averages 33 as a winger from 11 games.
    Fonau - Not a lot of data on Fonua with his last NRL game in 2015 but with an average of 29 in 2014 he has shown potential to be underpriced
    Whare - A down year last year coming back from injury and only one injury shortened game in 2016 we have to go back to 2015 for any meaningful data. Average of 33 from 12 games at centre is a bit much to dismiss as a trap.
    Hunt - Priced at a 21 point average if Hunt can get consistent game time without injury he has potential to follow up on his break out 2016 where he average 32

All these guys come with risk but that is why they are cheap
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Hey lads, advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cook
    Fifita, JBrom
    NBrown, Harris, Murray
    Cartwright, Watson
    Aitken, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, Dufty

Harvili, Lichaa, RFM, + 1 of five 228K players depending on TLT (eg. Croker, Kennar, SKatoa, Kikau, Leilua etc).

All depends on TLT and trial injuries.

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Warriors wrote:Hey lads, advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cook
    Fifita, JBrom
    NBrown, Harris, Murray
    Cartwright, Watson
    Aitken, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, Dufty

Harvili, Lichaa, RFM, + 1 of five 228K players depending on TLT (eg. Croker, Kennar, SKatoa, Kikau, Leilua etc).

I like it a lot, is similar to mine, I very much like the individual picks. I don't think I will be as risky though, you have very scant coverage for FRF and the entire backline. Seems to me like you need to compromise on one of your picks and improve depth. But then you've got to risk it for the proverbial.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Warriors wrote:Hey lads, advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cook
    Fifita, JBrom
    NBrown, Harris, Murray
    Cartwright, Watson
    Aitken, Milne
    Teddy, Ponga, Dufty

For obvious reasons I quite like it. Is Fifita slightly undervalued this year??
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:17 pm

I remember the "rate my team" thread was created last year & it died because no one was commenting & people ended up posted their teams on these treads just to get feedback. I think the same will happen this year. I for one like seeing people posting their teams in these threads.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Picking Smith means I have to have Hiku somewhere and I think he will be the biggest trap this year

Yep, he's providing cover for WFB/CTR on the emergency bench atm. Pending teamlists of course.
    With Milne and Hayne (keeping the dream alive) in the starting role. Quietly hoping that GI gets Dpp if he starts the first few games as a CTR
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:19 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Gray - Priced at 25 in a team expected to contend and score a lot of tries, games at centre that average jumps to 36 from 13 games. Not much value if he gets a wing spot but if he grabs a centre spot he is about 10 points under priced and playing in a better team
    Hiku - Career low average of 20 last year due to multiple low minute games off the bench. Previous low of 28. Tends to score better at centre but still averages 33 as a winger from 11 games.
    Fonau - Not a lot of data on Fonua with his last NRL game in 2015 but with an average of 29 in 2014 he has shown potential to be underpriced
    Whare - A down year last year coming back from injury and only one injury shortened game in 2016 we have to go back to 2015 for any meaningful data. Average of 33 from 12 games at centre is a bit much to dismiss as a trap.
    Hunt - Priced at a 21 point average if Hunt can get consistent game time without injury he has potential to follow up on his break out 2016 where he average 32

All these guys come with risk but that is why they are cheap

By all accounts Gray is behind Katoa for the start round 1.
    Haven't heard much about Hiku but Warriors have tough opening draw, Blake Ashyford and Gelling floating around and also potential to be bumped to the wing with Kata/fusitua starting centre.

Fonua I wouldn't touch unless centre due to Tigers draw.
    Whare doesn't break a lot of tackles and not sure the Panthers will rediscover form with everything going on there. 2015 is a long time ago that.
    Hunt might also be down the pecking order now that Gagai is locked in at right centre, Depends if he shifts to left centre. AJ right wing and Kennar looks to have the left wing at this stage.

What this boils down to is that there are question marks over all these guys, job security, whether they are centre or wing and just general form due to injuries in past.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Picking Smith means I have to have Hiku somewhere and I think he will be the biggest trap this year

Yeah I'm sterring clear of Hiku and still running with CS9.
    I found the extra $$s to get Coote in.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Warriors wrote:

Haven't heard much about Hiku but Warriors have tough opening draw, Blake Ashyford and Gelling floating around and also potential to be bumped to the wing with Kata/fusitua starting centre.

Whare doesn't break a lot of tackles and not sure the Panthers will rediscover form with everything going on there. 2015 is a long time ago that.
    Hunt might also be down the pecking order now that Gagai is locked in at right centre, Depends if he shifts to left centre. AJ right wing and Kennar looks to have the left wing at this stage.

What this boils down to is that there are question marks over all these guys, job security, whether they are centre or wing and just general form due to injuries in past.

High risk players... should be OK on the emergency bench... Wouldn't play them in the starting 17 though
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

code delta wrote:

Yeah I'm sterring clear of Hiku and still running with CS9.
    I found the extra $$s to get Coote in.

Coote is currently out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury. He could be a risk starting the season with him.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Warriors wrote:

Also, seems to me a nuffie priced at 15 is just as likely to score 10 above their average as these types of guys priced at 20 or 25.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

For obvious reasons I quite like it. Is Fifita slightly undervalued this year??

Lowest average hes had by about 5 points in the last 4 years I think. Could get back to 60 average. A bunch of hard night games to start the year so could see the mins and attacking stats. Might commit to Tonga so will miss origin altogether because Tonga play day before origin 2 and Fittler would just choose RCG, McClean, Klemmer and Woods with Vaughan in the mix. Saves a trade because he will be top 2 FRF for the year.

I was also looking at Merrin to bounce back also but still not sure on mins increase. I did originally have Alvaro and Arrow/Elliot instead of Fifita/nuff.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Moose wrote:
    L51 is going to be big this year!
    It was bloody big last year. those that weren't there just don't know. Razz
    I under performed there last year but it was a heap of fun. Smile
    I'd be happy to join that big furry fella(?) there again this year.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

mulvy wrote:

Also, seems to me a nuffie priced at 15 is just as likely to score 10 above their average as these types of guys priced at 20 or 25.

This, I think if you are going to have a rookie in your backs you have more chance of finding a good scorer if firstly, they play centre, and secondly they are a big body that breaks tackles. In the past Hymel Hunt in 2016 and Tautau Moga/Brian Kelly last year come to mind. Milne looks this type and not sure how many more there are out there. Suli went alright so Kennar/Katoa could be worth the gamble. Fonua/CGraham look behind this lot. No way I fork out extra for Hiku/Whare types.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Hey guys just bumping this as I didn't get a reply

Show of hands who is running without Smith to start the year?

This is my team with 38k remaining and I'm seriously considering running with it if Lichaa and Cook are 80 minute players. Opinions please guys

Lichaa
    Bromwich Lodge
    Brown JTurbo Harris
    Croft Watson
    Milne Hiku
    Ponga Inglis Winterstein(pending TLT this one)

Cook
    NAS
    Murray
    RFM

Garvey
    Croker
    Cartwright
    Kennar
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Warriors wrote:

This, I think if you are going to have a rookie in your backs you have more chance of finding a good scorer if firstly, they play centre, and secondly they are a big body that breaks tackles. In the past Hymel Hunt in 2016 and Tautau Moga/Brian Kelly last year come to mind. Milne looks this type and not sure how many more there are out there. Suli went alright so Kennar/Katoa could be worth the gamble. Fonua/CGraham look behind this lot. No way I fork out extra for Hiku/Whare types.

Agree, but the problem in your case is coming up with 5 x nuffies! haha
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:43 pm

code delta wrote:
    It was bloody big last year. those that weren't there just don't know. Razz

I heard that if you remember L51 you weren't actually there
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Hey guys just bumping this as I didn't get a reply

Show of hands who is running without Smith to start the year?

This is my team with 38k remaining and I'm seriously considering running with it if Lichaa and Cook are 80 minute players. Opinions please guys

Lichaa
    Bromwich Lodge
    Brown JTurbo Harris
    Croft Watson
    Milne Hiku
    Ponga Inglis Winterstein(pending TLT this one)

Cook
    NAS
    Murray
    RFM

Garvey
    Croker
    Cartwright
    Kennar

Again, no stand out captain. Brown probably (and I have Brown) but if he got say reduced minutes due to Scott being fit again you have some serious trouble. Great depth but personally I would like to see another top shelf gun in there. Oh I just saw Jurbo, interesting choice. Interesting to see how he goes coming back from pec injury. Do you see some upside?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:47 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I heard that if you remember L51 you weren't actually there

lol! The first rule of L51 is .........

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:23 pm