NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

RIP Australian Cricket

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

RIP Australian Cricket - Page 4 Empty Re: RIP Australian Cricket

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Im reading Smith and Warner suspended for 12 months, Bancroft for 9 months.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Warner & Smith also have had IPL contracts for this year torn up
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:45 am

How can we believe anything in this whole mess aye. What was with Bancroft's hole story about it being tape etc. He was at pains to point out the details of that part, about picking up dirt with the tape etc and now its been stated by CA that it was intact sandpaper like everyone thought all along. Its just so mind glowingly stupid - these guys really are dumb mother fuckers aye to think their BS lies will be believed...

And now confirmation that CA is covering for Lehman, and then Lehman going public saying OZ need to play the game like the Kiwi's do? Give me a break, that aint ever going to happen.

CA got this all wrong IMO. I think the Coach should have been fired, Smith stripped of his captaincy for good, Warner too, and the three of them (if that's in fact all that was involved) should have had a few matches of suspensions. A whole year is over the top compared to whats happened round the world;d in the past, but most importantly its weeks of compensating for not punishing all the other people that were involved (directly or indirectly).

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:10 am

i'm ok with the 3 suspensions, however i do think restricting them grade cricket is harsh, i think they should be able to play for their states, maybe not in the big bash because of its strong commercial presence but certainly in the shield and OD

BCCI banning them from IPL is a bit ridiculous, as we all know if kohli does the same thing tomorrow, they probably fight the ICC to get his 1 match ban uplifted

i'm not gonna harp on about it but anyone who thinks lehman, starc, lyon etc had absolutely no knowledge like CA are trying to inform us have rocks in their head. they may not have deserved as severe punishments as the others but it still feels like to me like we are using 3 scape goats to try and prove to the world that we are morally against cheating while trying to save the look of the rest of the squad. worth remember that tim paine wasn't in the leadership group (lyon, hazlewood and starc were) and somehow he has risen to captain, i wonder why ?

i personally don't think we'll see warner in the test team ever again, he'll become a T20 gun for hire

Bancroft was struggling, i think he'll need some huge shield seasons to get back in

smith will get back, he is to good not to make it back and i'd still like to believe he is a better person then his recent actions suggest. hopefully he learns from it without it destroying his mentality on the pitch when he does return
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:39 am

Just a general question. It seens that its batsmen that practice this dark art.

Don't the bowlers notice anythings going on with the ball?

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 am

Batsman use the dark art in batting practice with bowling machines to mimic reverse swing
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:27 pm

leaguegod wrote:i'm ok with the 3 suspensions, however i do think restricting them grade cricket is harsh, i think they should be able to play for their states, maybe not in the big bash because of its strong commercial presence but certainly in the shield and OD

BCCI banning them from IPL is a bit ridiculous, as we all know if kohli does the same thing tomorrow, they probably fight the ICC to get his 1 match ban uplifted

i'm not gonna harp on about it but anyone who thinks lehman, starc, lyon etc had absolutely no knowledge like CA are trying to inform us have rocks in their head. they may not have deserved as severe punishments as the others but it still feels like to me like we are using 3 scape goats to try and prove to the world that we are morally against cheating while trying to save the look of the rest of the squad. worth remember that tim paine wasn't in the leadership group (lyon, hazlewood and starc were) and somehow he has risen to captain, i wonder why ?

i personally don't think we'll see warner in the test team ever again, he'll become a T20 gun for hire

Bancroft was struggling, i think he'll need some huge shield seasons to get back in

smith will get back, he is to good not to make it back and i'd still like to believe he is a better person then his recent actions suggest. hopefully he learns from it without it destroying his mentality on the pitch when he does return

I think the punishments were harsh but necessary given the damage to our cricket team.

As for allowing them to play Shield, I'd accept that, especially given it is treated by CA with about the same respect as grade cricket anyway....

In terms of Boof, I'm torn as to how I feel.
    I stated the other day that I could see how he might not have been involved; and I personally accept that.

The query I have regarding Boof is whether he has done enough to nurture the overall culture that we want and demand from the Aussie Cricket team.

To be clear though, it was damaged before he got the gig.
    On one hand he has done a great job at building the mateship and comradery that has, no doubt in my mind, contributed to our success in recent times.
    It's something the likes of Mal Meninga and Brad Thorn are also good at and IMO Boof has done this well.

But that aside there have been several times under his tenure where I personally have cringed a little at whether we have been edging over the line in terms of our tough but fair mantra.

Not sure of what exactly transpired but I can see Smith being guilty of not having the maturity to stand up to Warner, which if true is a shame and a function of throwing the captaincy to our best player and only real option at the time.
    Disappointing but I really hope this is the moment in his career that makes, rather than breaks, him.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I think the punishments were harsh but necessary given the damage to our cricket team.

As for allowing them to play Shield, I'd accept that, especially given it is treated by CA with about the same respect as grade cricket anyway....

In terms of Boof, I'm torn as to how I feel.
    I stated the other day that I could see how he might not have been involved; and I personally accept that.

The query I have regarding Boof is whether he has done enough to nurture the overall culture that we want and demand from the Aussie Cricket team.

To be clear though, it was damaged before he got the gig.
    On one hand he has done a great job at building the mateship and comradery that has, no doubt in my mind, contributed to our success in recent times.
    It's something the likes of Mal Meninga and Brad Thorn are also good at and IMO Boof has done this well.

But that aside there have been several times under his tenure where I personally have cringed a little at whether we have been edging over the line in terms of our tough but fair mantra.

Not sure of what exactly transpired but I can see Smith being guilty of not having the maturity to stand up to Warner, which if true is a shame and a function of throwing the captaincy to our best player and only real option at the time.
    Disappointing but I really hope this is the moment in his career that makes, rather than breaks, him.

Like most of this but Boof has to go.
    He helped create the "culture" that lead to what happened.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Boof gone

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Very hard to watch Smith break down like that!
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Warner using his kids as a shield. Coward.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:50 am

Last 2 points say it all.

I've disrespected my parents and gone against everything they have taught me

Vs

Look at he shiny thing in the window
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:04 am

Pain wrote:Warner using his kids as a shield. Coward.

Haha, yeah mate, exactly what I thought too.

The whole crying thing might make some people feel sorry for them, but to me its not a big deal. People cry, men cry, and to be perfectly honest these guys are crying pretty much all because of how they feel they have disappointed their families. Which is absolutely natural, and I feel for their families too.

BUT, from what I have seen so far, when it comes to the actual act, everything they have said is scripted, typically unemotional, and my take is they still don't have a whole lot of remorse for the actual action, only the consequence.

Glad the coach has gone.

But is anyone dumb enough to think that this will change the way the OZ cricket team behaves? They have been like this for decades. Hughe's death was supposed to be the event that sparked these guys into playing hard and fair and for the right reasons - that lasted for what, 5 minutes? This aint gonna change idly squat. The Ozzies won't change. We will be having the same conversations about why they are such pricks on the field in less than a years time.....

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:..
    Good point...
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 pm

I agree. Big call that at your first presser after being named the new Australian coach you come out and say "Yeah. If Border had of asked me to tamper with the ball, I would have done it".

It's like one of the Pommies said. Everyone does it, the crime isn't ball tampering, it's getting caught. Even the ICC don't rate it.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Hard to lie about premeditation when you're using sandpaper
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Krump wrote:
    Good points...

fixed Smile
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Is it Langer"s daughter or not ?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Apparetly it isn't his daughter rubbin one out on a plane in the toilet. But regardless it's good viewing.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am