NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by Honey Badger Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:50 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Trades this week will be difficult
    Wanted to go Jacks>Walker and Kaufusi>Tolman
    Kaufusi looks like he will make another decent chunk of cash and Walker should lose a bunch so holding off would cost me points but make it easier to grab those few extra players I want for the byes

Hopefully Walkers price will come down a bit and he will be a good trade in just before the first bye
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:09 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Hopefully Walkers price will come down a bit and he will be a good trade in just before the first bye

I'll be running one of Hampton CHN Talakai Jennings in my 17 if I don't grab Walker so looks like a priority trade regardless of cash loss for me

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah nah. I'm right, as usual. You know it.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:18 am

Haha
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:19 am

CHN playing ressies
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am

Boozecluez wrote:I had a big write up but the thread died haha.

Long story short I have watched all the games this year and simply giving my thoughts on what i feel is scored differently to perhaps what i watched.

The counter balance to the tackle break is the missed tackle and this also effect scoring too.
    It seems like there are a heap more this year as well but again this may be proved incorrect with stats.

Perhaps this is more concentrated with certain players than across the broad.
    I don't remember in all my years for example watching Elijah Taylor missing close to 10 tackles and sure didnt look like it watching him play last week.
    Same with Rapana making all those tackle breaks, great to watch but it didn't look like 50 points worth in roughly that alone.

Just giving my thoughts and would like to think my track record over the years backs me up a bit here too.
    Perhaps in 3 months we look back to this and laugh, but at least having a discussion on it might change some of our way of thinking. 

Perhaps it doesn't, but like my thread it is easy to make a call for everyone to see week in week out and back it up, than say nothing and brag about it later when you are right.
    It's easy to hide your failures with the latter but I don't get that luxury haha

Anyways sitting alright, the byes will be fun and where I will make more inroads

I dont post here much but I had to log on to 'like' Booze's post. With his track record as a successful fantasy player and respected poster on this site I totally understand where he is coming from.

I've noticed some changes as well. Many coaches seem to be loading up their teams with elite tackle breaking, tryscoring backs instead of fitting in as many gun forwards as they can like they did in past years.

I must admit though it is exciting watching those points quickly rack up by the Rapana's, Tedesco's etc but from a logical pespective, running sideways across the field and being touched by someone with one hand I dont think should constitute a tackle break. From the other side of the spectrum, flops shouldn't be deemed as a scoring tackle either.

To keep the excitement in the game though, it's probably better to keep things the way they are and let coaches adapt to this and just go with the flow.

Anyway sitting on 795 with Gallen, Norman, CHN and Idris to go and finally made it into the top 10 of the Fanatics overall league for now.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:CHN playing ressies

R u serious? Damn ok brailey for 4th. Cheers MS you bloody legend you
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:27 am

mango wrote:

I dont post here much but I had to log on to 'like' Booze's post. With his track record as a successful fantasy player and respected poster on this site I totally understand where he is coming from.

I've noticed some changes as well. Many coaches seem to be loading up their teams with elite tackle breaking, tryscoring backs instead of fitting in as many gun forwards as they can like they did in past years.

I must admit though it is exciting watching those points quickly rack up by the Rapana's, Tedesco's etc but from a logical pespective, running sideways across the field and being touched by someone with one hand I dont think should constitute a tackle break. From the other side of the spectrum, flops shouldn't be deemed as a scoring tackle either.

To keep the excitement in the game though, it's probably better to keep things the way they are and let coaches adapt to this and just go with the flow.

Anyway sitting on 795 with Gallen, Norman, CHN and Idris to go and finally made it into the top 10 of the Fanatics overall league for now.

Nice mr bowen, good post. What we think clearly doesn't matter unless we migrate to another competition.

Thats a big score too, I'm off the pace. 655 with gallen, fifi, gutho, idris and brailey to go. You should hit mid 900's realistically and im hoping for early 800's
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

Just saw a post on Facebook was just coming on to let everyone know but you got there first good job

I was lucky enough not to have the R on him this week as I don't think he would have scored well off bench
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 am

woulda got rid of him if i knew this early.. any word on who takes his bench spot? im guessing hiku

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:41 am

Sometimes it astounds me at the hive mind mentality on this site.
    People can put ideas or thoughts out there and then are shot down without thinking.
    Are we not trying to improve as coaches or look at ways to be better?

Congrats to the people who thought outside the box this year, you are ahead of the game and I respect you for where you are placed. 
    The good coaches should be able to stay up there and prove it was no fluke

Someone like Rabbit who may or may not be right will have all his posts thrown in the same bin or downvoted simply because he posted it. I may not agree with everything he says or how he says it but respect that he is one of the old heads and still has his thoughts.
    Forums need their characters.

The same reason certain experienced players don't post here anymore or why it feels like you are always trying to justify yourself even though your track record may say otherwise.

It's ironic as it's these same people who ask who to trade in, who to reserve and sponge off a lot of info without contributing themselves. Though perhaps thats the world we live in

I guess very few appreciate Paceys late mail as it can go weeks without an upvote and if he is away games can go missed or no one wants to put their hand up.I bet there are others who go unthanked as well.

As an experiment let's see what happens to people's teams when the contributors stop contributing.
    I am genuinely curious to see what happens from here on out, and will bet people who are self sufficient and think for themselves won't suffer for it.

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:42 am

I had last R on Brailey over CHN anyway but this cements it
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:49 am

pm888 wrote:

woulda got rid of him if i knew this early.. any word on who takes his bench spot? im guessing hiku

Twitter says Tim Browne

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 am

Remember this all stemmed from the simple thought that scoring was feeling different this year.
    It could simply be interpretation.

The thing is if you built a team using stats/research to play one game and the goal posts move a little you need to readjust the sights. That's all I was saying

It's not a good or bad thing, just discussion

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 am

That ISP Panthers team is full of quality. The Newtown Jets playing Edrick Lee at Fullback Lol
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:53 am

830/15 with Fifita & Idris to go. Hoping for 100 points between them. Cook letting my team down but Winterstein scores 50 making up for Cooks low score. The last 2 scores for Winterstein have been 49 & 50. He is now a solid reserve option for me. In fact my team have named Winterstein the players player of the day.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:54 am

mango wrote:

Thanks Mango, it is probably more frustrating for people who plan as you can't predict/plan for tries and tacklebreaks and it's probably why certain people don't play SuperCoach for example where this player excels even more. 

You are right though it makes it it a lot more exciting, some of us can't handle the ups and downs though of a Milford type player though haha

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 am

I'll weigh in on the player favourites. I think its just more consistency with scoring.

Last night BJ went over carrying 3 players and received 3 tbs. When Pritchard went over for his try a week or two a go he broke a tackle leading up to the try then had 3 players on him as he scored the try yet only received one tb for the lead up. You just get the feeling if that was Fifita or Teddy they would have received all four tbs.

Maybe the higher named players are watched more carefully then some lower name players. Who knows I'm not gonna let it affect my game i'll still keep a work horse like ET and avoid Fifita cause I cant stand him. Probably won't trade in Rapana because hes a winger and try to fill up on fullbacks instead

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:01 am

White Lightning wrote:830/15 with Fifita & Idris to go. Hoping for 100 points between them. Cook letting my team down but Winterstein scores 50 making up for Cooks low score. The last 2 scores for Winterstein have been 49 & 50. He is now a solid reserve option for me. In fact my team have named Winterstein the players player of the day.

Nice score! Bahh i'm having an awful week 639 with Brown, Gallen, ET and Norman to come. Will be thrilled with 750

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:08 am

Boozecluez wrote:Remember this all stemmed from the simple thought that scoring was feeling different this year.
    It could simply be interpretation.

The thing is if you built a team using stats/research to play one game and the goal posts move a little you need to readjust the sights. That's all I was saying

It's not a good or bad thing, just discussion
    At the end of the day it's the same for everyone.

What I would like to see as a added feature is a Wildcard, if you play FPL you will understand how it works. Perhaps you have one to use anytime during the season.

Or

Increase the trade limit to 3 per round and make it unlimited for the season.

The reason I like these ideas is once you have your starting team it's really hard to dramatically change it with the current system.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:43 pm