NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:32 am

@Finch

The famous Rabbit charge is going beautifully thanks. Looking at 930 or so, which should slip me comfortably into the top 500.

You champ? Lol.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:33 am

And Milch....Rubbish. There ARE fanhub favourites and anyone who follows the game closely knows it.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:37 am

For example. A player can make a tackle and jump off quickly to get back in position. The favourite doesn't get a missed tackle. Everyone else does. Same with TBs. It's very subjective and stats don't show that because they are final. There are two sets of rules. No doubt whatsoever.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:49 am

I don't think there are "favourites" in the any malicious way (though as others have said, where any kind of money is involved it's hard to rule it out all together). However i wouldn't doubt there is bias involved. In the same way refs have tip sheets and it influences there calls (JWH will hit high or take the ball, Fenton will lay in the tackle too long etc) it wouldn't surprise me if the stats lads had similar things. Although even if they don't, bias through past experiences are bound to come into it, they are only human. I don't think it's a big deal though. Agree on the thoughts re a scoring change though. Maybe .75 or .5 points per tackle, an extra point for a 1 on 1 tackle. Extra point for a tackle that takes someone over the sideline or traps them in goal and then drop down the TB points as those other changes should help offset it a little for backs.

However i have no problem seeing the likes of rapa (or teddy for that matter) come up with such massive scores. The amount he contributes to us when he comes in for the runs is hard to quantify, though it's immense. The tb's and difficulty to tackle that he brings also leads to games like today, where the inside men can benefit from defence focusing on him so much.
    Lastly, i think a stronger reserve grade system with some exposure would also benefit fantasy (not those overseas like me though) as ATM you have rookies debut after playing in a number of different systems with little exposure so only the fans of those clubs have seen much of them and even then it's hard to judge. It makes picking those rookies who will explode very tricky.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:50 am

Woah. Wall of text. Promise I'll be back to hanging shit on others (Welshy, Townsvillians, etc.) And shitty gifs soon enough.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:29 am

Watching super league holy shit Chris Houston looks like his 50 but his only 32
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:51 am

771 with Fifita, Norman and Brailey to go. Here's hoping for the second 900 point week on the trot.

Weak links in my 17 are Yates with 19 and Jacks with 20. I'm about to terminate their contracts Very Happy

How's everyone else looking?

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

647 with Fifi, Norman, ET, Brailey and Idris. Also have Suli waiting in the wings.
    Think he's due another 50.
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:01 am

883 with 2 to play. Brailey and guthers
    I got tarped by Hampton
    robloomes
    robloomes

Post by robloomes Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 am

Are there any really strong trades for next week that have came into light? Other than Crichton for those who didn't pick him up last week of course.

Frawley still looks like an interesting prospect.
    Hampton is not a trade for now.
    Jenson is not a trade for now.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:21 am

I picked up Frawley this week. I'm just hoping he will get more and more opportunity. Luckily I didn't play him though.

I think Yates and Jacks fro me have to go before they start losing money but theres no obvious cash outs looming. I've only got 50k in the kitty.
    robloomes
    robloomes

Post by robloomes Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:29 am

Anyone know what's up with J.Bromwich?
    Is he just not an 80 minute player anymore? Or maybe just taking it easy after injury.
    He is going to bottom out at about 300k very soon they way he is going.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 am

I would assume JBrom is just getting match fitness back at the moment, He was a definite keeper last year. Could be a dead set buy come Origin
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:01 am

Rabbit wrote:And Milch....Rubbish. There ARE fanhub favourites and anyone who follows the game closely knows it.

Tell me then rabbit. Who are these favorites?
    Which players consistently score better under prozone's stats than they would if they used NRLStats/Champion/Fox data?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

Tell me then rabbit. Who are these favorites?
    Which players consistently score better under prozone's stats than they would if they used NRLStats/Champion/Fox data?

The favourites depend on who they bought in or sold last week. It's a moving target. Easy to see who they are/aren't after the event. I can guarantee you they didn't own Taylor last week or Pritchard the week before. No way in hell either missed that many tackles. First man in most times, effected the stoppage, rolled away and got pumped by the scorers. Same thing happens to Debelin and the tackles are effected. Same with Hess and Crichton TBs over earlier weeks. They get a TB for zilch and others don't for exactly the same moves. Happens every game, every week and I'm not the only one who sees it. Why you defend them so vehemently beffudles me. Btw, I also own plenty of guys who get the benefits, but it is a virtual lucky dip. They could sell them next week and move the bias elsewhere. It is unquantifiable and this was never a problem in the early DT days.

Rant

Post by Guest Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 am

Rabbit wrote:

The favourites depend on who they bought in or sold last week. It's a moving target. Easy to see who they are/aren't after the event. I can guarantee you they didn't own Taylor last week or Pritchard the week before. No way in hell either missed that many tackles. First man in most times, effected the stoppage, rolled away and got pumped by the scorers. Same thing happens to Debelin and the tackles are effected. Same with Hess and Crichton TBs over earlier weeks. They get a TB for zilch and others don't for exactly the same moves. Happens every game, every week and I'm not the only one who sees it. Why you defend them so vehemently beffudles me. Btw, I also own plenty of guys who get the benefits, but it is a virtual lucky dip. They could sell them next week and move the bias elsewhere. It is unquantifiable and this was never a problem in the early DT days.

Rant

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 2 Tinfoilhat
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:46 am

Rabbit wrote:

Rant

Are these guys playing the same game as us? Cause if they are it can't be that much of a moving target - they can only trade 2 per round presumably and you'd think IF they are upping the scores of players then the majority of them are guys they are holding. No offence, but it sounds a bit like confirmation bias to me. Theres a subjective nature in the way some of these stats are recorded so there will always be a bit of inconsistency...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:50 am

Anything major to come out of last nights games guys? Injuries, positional shifts etc? I see Hampton wasn't a good option in the end but it seemed that was flagged ahead of time anyway so probably didn't affect too many serious players?

I got 751 with Idris, Norman, Clearly, and Brailey to go so looking like my best round of the year. But this looks like a high scoring round to me with not many failures at all. Were there any big names to disappoint?

Last Q I promise Smile

What are peoples thoughts on Jacks? Is he worth holding for the Bye rounds?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:58 am

Surely the scorers and anyone related to Fanhub wouldn't be allowed to participate in the game.

Something like conflict of interest.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:03 am

Rabbit wrote:

. I can guarantee you they didn't own Taylor last week or Pritchard the week before. No way in hell either missed that many tackles.

Rant

Bloody NRLStats scorer didn't own ET either. They gave him the same 10 missed tackles Prozone did.
    Maybe they had Pritchard though. They gave him 5 missed tackles instead of Prozone's 6. Not sure if that is clear enough evidence for you.

Haven't really looked at Supercoach yet, but I believe they have a different (stricter) definition of what constitutes a tackle and I suspect they'd be a little down across the board.
    (Ok just checked De Belin and Hess, SC stats had them lower in both tackles and missed tackles. I suspect that would be reflected across all players if I go and check the stats)

I am interested in looking into differences between the scoring systems. But if your idea is that its a different player every week based on which players produce a score significantly higher or lower - then that can't be disproven to your satisfaction.
    So I guess your best bet is to try find out who the scorers are going to be cheating on this week, and then load up on DFS teams.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:18 pm