NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:04 pm

OnTheLast wrote:I picked up Frawley this week. I'm just hoping he will get more and more opportunity. Luckily I didn't play him though.

I think Yates and Jacks fro me have to go before they start losing money but theres no obvious cash outs looming. I've only got 50k in the kitty.

I'm looking at Jacks to KNiko for price rises and round 12 (Hunt still out then?) then I have bank to go either Yates to NBrown or do something a bit different and go Elgey to Munster (who I'd then switch with Fogerty to WFB).

Watching how Munster played yesterday he could score amazingly...defending as a half so lots of tackle points but floating around both sides in attack like a second fullback. Consideration is if plays Origin he misses four rounds. Who's likely to be QLD centres? O'Neill certainly, but then Gagai if Slater FB and Boyd wing? Munster a chance though.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Surely the scorers and anyone related to Fanhub wouldn't be allowed to participate in the game.

Something like conflict of interest.

Yup absolutely mate, but the response to that will be something along the lines of "doing it for their mates etc". Prozone is a legit company with way too much to lose for there to be any systematic corruption in the way they produce their stats. Its a bit silly even giving that kind of stuff the credibility of a response to be honest.

Their stats for example are purchased by a lot of sporting organisations and teams for analytics. Any hint of systematic corruption in their stats and prozone would stand to lose a ton of money in contracts. No doubt it happens every now and then on an extremely minor scale, but more likely its just people getting the shits when their players score poorly Smile

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Surely the scorers and anyone related to Fanhub wouldn't be allowed to participate in the game.

Something like conflict of interest.

Of Course. But if they are actually fiddling the scores, they wouldn't be silly enough to use their own names on the accounts.

They also wouldn't be doing it to win Fanhub prizes. They'd be rigging the big Daily Fantasy comps (DraftsStars/Moneyball) where there is decent money on offer every week (and any impact on Fantasy scoring would just be a side-effect) At the top end in those comps a slight under or over on performance can have a big effect so if you did it effectively you could profit.

Now, there is corruption in a lot of places, especially where gambling is involved, so you can't rule out that it is happening. But if you have solid evidence that people are cheating the scores for financial gain, then I'd go to the authorities with it, or the guys running the DFS comps, as they would probably be interested.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I'm looking at Jacks to KNiko for price rises and round 12 (Hunt still out then?) then I have bank to go either Yates to NBrown or do something a bit different and go Elgey to Munster (who I'd then switch with Fogerty to WFB).

Watching how Munster played yesterday he could score amazingly...defending as a half so lots of tackle points but floating around both sides in attack like a second fullback. Consideration is if plays Origin he misses four rounds. Who's likely to be QLD centres? O'Neill certainly, but then Gagai if Slater FB and Boyd wing? Munster a chance though.

Dont forget chambers and oates as possibilities
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    What are peoples thoughts on Jacks? Is he worth holding for the Bye rounds?

Depends on if Munster's return forces him out of the squad or to a bench/utility role.

If its the former then there is no rush to do anything.

If its the latter then you'll need to trade out soon or he'll start bleeding cash.
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Tell me then rabbit. Who are these favorites?
    Which players consistently score better under prozone's stats than they would if they used NRLStats/Champion/Fox data?

Some of Fifita's sideways runs last year were overscored IMO. Doesn't seem to be the case this season.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Depends on if Munster's return forces him out of the squad or to a bench/utility role.

If its the former then there is no rush to do anything.

If its the latter then you'll need to trade out soon or he'll start bleeding cash.

OK cheers. I guess depending on the format of the game one could just hold him for the byes and take the hit on cash. At least you get a half that'll play 2 of the tough bye rounds right? I guess Im thinking more VTSD where it seems money is a bit more easy come easy go....
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Score could be anything this week hopefully end up around 900
    603 with Fifita Gallen ET CHN Norman Idris Suli
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Trades this week will be difficult
    Wanted to go Jacks>Walker and Kaufusi>Tolman
    Kaufusi looks like he will make another decent chunk of cash and Walker should lose a bunch so holding off would cost me points but make it easier to grab those few extra players I want for the byes
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Already have my best score of the year with 841/15 with ET and Gallen to go and I am still going to lose my H2H.... and I cant really hope for low scores from opposing team as he is running 2 players I am milking for cash Sad
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:40 pm

I postulate that not only is the NRL fantasy scoring being manipulated by those who calculate the NRL data for personal financial gain, but that in fact NRL Fantasy never actually existed in the first place and was always an elaborate Fanhub hoax to fool the masses. Mind. fucking. blown.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:55 pm

how did Niko go non fantasy wise? and without his try how would he of scored? missed the game

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:

Some of Fifita's sideways runs last year were overscored IMO. Doesn't seem to be the case this season.

He's a classic example of them moving on.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I postulate that not only is the NRL fantasy scoring being manipulated by those who calculate the NRL data for personal financial gain, but that in fact NRL Fantasy never actually existed in the first place and was always an elaborate Fanhub hoax to fool the masses. Mind. fucking. blown.

Shit. We are living in the Matrix

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:02 pm

760 with Pritchard, ET, CHN and Idris left. What's your guess? Mine - 933.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:16 pm

silvertop wrote:

Dont forget chambers and oates as possibilities

Chambers will 100% make it.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Wall of text coming lads...
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:25 pm

I think you all make good points. Rabs youre right about it being too subjective but youre WROOOOONG that specific players are favoured with the intent for a fantasy coach to have a ranking benefit. This is different to #pandagate but its always good to be suspicious anyway.

But, before you bite my head off I definitely will agree with you that those players, offensively we keep naming fifita/teddy/nofo and lately rapana, hess, crichton.

And defensively taylor/burgess name is coming up, are scored adversely BECAUSE of their PLAYING STYLE. Elgey and Carter dont count cos they're just rubbish defenders.

The blokes ive named (and there are more) are, I reckon, given bonus TB's and MT's because of their involvement in specific areas of the game. The offensive players ive said use their fend excessively (not a bad thing) compared to others and defenders like elijah are getting pinged because they dont always hit and stick in their tackles.

So when milch is talking about 'what constitutes' a TB or MT it bloody does get subjective. And the interpretation of those things across the different bean counting crews (prozone, nrl and whoever supercoach uses) agrees and contradicts each other.

Plus i dont think the reviews are being done like they used to (no sauce), but FWIW i was going to go for an interview to be a stat counter in Pyrmont about 5 seasons ago til i found out the pay and hours was poor.

The way those blokes play is kind of hypnotizing the student visa stat counters. The TB has always been overpowered.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:32 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I postulate that not only is the NRL fantasy scoring being manipulated by those who calculate the NRL data for personal financial gain, but that in fact NRL Fantasy never actually existed in the first place and was always an elaborate Fanhub hoax to fool the masses. Mind. fucking. blown.

Well NRL having a 3 letter acronym is clearly a triangular shoutout to their reptilian overlords geek
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if it was all Trump's fault

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:50 am