NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by wolfking Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 am

Random wrote:

The team looks good. Just some question marks over Pritchard, but other than that it is looking really solid.

Thanks Random. I'm banking everything on that second hooker spot. Just have to sit tight and wait and see.
    lk22

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by lk22 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:45 am

Rookie here, looking for a bit of help.

Team

Smith (Pritchard)
    Daifiti GBurgess (FKaufusi, Perrett)
    Mannering, Surgess, McGuire, (SMat, KBrom, Stimson)
    Norman, ATaylor, (Elgey, Hingano)
    Idris, RJennings (Kelly, Scott)
    RTS, Hayne, Holmes (Slater, Phythian)

31k ITB

Got Pritchard in for King on new news, but tentative.
    No guns in the FRF but those three should all make cash.
    Happy with 2RF, getting Mannering & Surgess is making me suffer elsewhere.
    Could change Taylor to Lamb for cash, Hingano to ?? on Foran news.
    Standard CTR's, bit weak with three rookies.
    Could get rid of Slater to upgrade CTR or FRF?

Any advice appreciated!
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 am

Random wrote:

HOK: Strong starting picks, does McInnes remain if there is a bench HOK?

FRF: Very middle of the road picks, however all 3 guys have excellent chance of improving off the back of last year and don't seem to have any risk associated with them.

2RF: Looks like the typical starting 2RF's most guys are considering. There is some concern here considering that you have named 3 rookies, which may be hard to fill come TLT as none of them are guaranteed a spot in their respective teams yet. Wouldn't mind another mid-tier guy here if possible. Just to strengthen the group and have you not potentially starting with an NPR/Dead position at the start of the year. However if 3 Rookies are named in the 2RF to start the season then I would run with it.

HLF: - I wouldn't grab Daly Cherry-Evans at this stage. We haven't seen what sort of impact Green will have on him. (He had a negative impact on Cronk of about 5 points a game from his average before Green showed up.) Last season Daly Cherry-Evans had around 4 points less than he had in previous seasons. So he is underpriced incredibly slightly. Not enough to warrant making him a pick or enough to give him any incredible sort of upside. I am not saying he is a bad pick, he would be capable of those massive scoring games where he hits 70+ points. There just doesn’t seem to be any value in him for the duration of a season, and possibly a negative impact with Blake Green being there. Even if there isn’t the negative impact, it comes down to his price and looking at HLF’s capable of scoring 50-55 points. There are others that are cheaper and others with more potential upside, or without a negative of a new half partner joining them who could take up some minutes.

CTR:
    No issues with any of them.

WFB: Standard WFB picks.

Overall: I personally would downgrade DCE to upgrade 2RF. However if you prefer running with two strong HLF's or are happy with 3 rookie 2RF's. Then I would at the very least look at a different gun besides DCE who is already coming off a poor year, and has a new HLF partner who is actually a HLF and could impact on his scores.

Cheers for the write up. good points re DCE will look elsewhere
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:06 pm

First iteration :

Smith, KPritchard,
    GBurgess, AFifita, Fonua-Blake, DSafiti,,
    SBurgess, Taupau, KBromwich, SMata'utia, Stimson, Capewell,
    Norman, Lamb, Field, Elgey,
    Idris, Whare, Kelly, Scott,
    Hayne, RTS, Holmes, Rjennings Phythian,

Measley 9K in the bank.

Any glaring holes?

Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Have been having a fiddle today... Been changing the team a bit too... Razz

What do you think... (Insert in depth Random write up)...

Smith (C) / King (This may change with TLT)
    JBrom / Gurgess / Wallace (R) / F.Kaufusi
    MacGuire / KBrom / Surgess / 3x NPR's (Will change these around pending TLT)
    Norman / Lamb / Elgey (R) / Field
    T.Trbo / Whare / Idris (R) / Rennings
    Tedesco / RTS / Hayne / 2x NPR's (Same as above. Will change around pending TLT)

What do you think?

29k in my pocket.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Sik wrote:Have been having a fiddle today... Been changing the team a bit too... Razz

What do you think... (Insert in depth Random write up)...

Smith (C) / King (This may change with TLT)
    JBrom / Gurgess / Wallace (R) / F.Kaufusi
    MacGuire / KBrom / Surgess / 3x NPR's (Will change these around pending TLT)
    T.Trbo / Whare / Idris (R) / Rennings
    Tedesco / RTS / Hayne / 2x NPR's (Same as above. Will change around pending TLT)

What do you think?

29k in my pocket.

I like it.

Who will be your 4th R? Bit thin in the R's I think most running with Smith are in the same boat.

Strong Back three. Throw TTurbo in the mix and Idris. Its not a bad looking squad really. Id just be nervous about the Rs and the depth. But given the slim pickings of cheapies that are 'sure things' everyones in the same boat.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:36 pm

awanamafia wrote:First iteration :

Smith, KPritchard,
    GBurgess, AFifita, Fonua-Blake, DSafiti,,
    SBurgess, Taupau, KBromwich, SMata'utia, Stimson, Capewell,
    Norman, Lamb, Field, Elgey,
    Idris, Whare, Kelly, Scott,
    Hayne, RTS, Holmes, Rjennings Phythian,

Measley 9K in the bank.

Any glaring holes?  

Looks pretty solid to me. I think your back 7 (On the field) is common to most teams. Is Holmes going to be fit for round 1?
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I like it.

Who will be your 4th R? Bit thin in the R's I think most running with Smith are in the same boat.

Strong Back three. Throw TTurbo in the mix and Idris. Its not a bad looking squad really. Id just be nervous about the Rs and the depth. But given the slim pickings of cheapies that are 'sure things' everyones in the same boat.

4th R would either be Kaufusi or King... but like everyone TLT can't come quick enough.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Hodgson, Pritchard
    Fifita, JBrom, Gurgess, Hoare
    Surgess, Harris, McGuire, Kbrom, Stimson, Gray
    Norman, Elgy, Hingano, Field
    Smat,Idris, Kelly, Rjennings
    RTS,Hayne,Kahu, Ponga, Pythan

Pretty happy with todays version of my team.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Fortitude wrote:Hodgson, Pritchard
    Fifita, JBrom, Gurgess, Hoare
    Surgess, Harris, McGuire, Kbrom, Stimson, Gray
    Norman, Elgy, Hingano, Field
    Smat,Idris, Kelly, Rjennings
    RTS,Hayne,Kahu, Ponga, Pythan

Pretty happy with todays version of my team.

This is so true.

Looking good across the board though.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:58 pm

bandgeekmafia78 wrote:Hi.

I'm completely new to Fantasy NRL although I've been doing Fantasy SuperLeague in the UK for a few years. I know a bit about the NRL so was wondering if someone can rate my team and maybe give me a few pointers?

Cheers.

Ballin (King)
    RJames G.Burgess (Tetevano Gray)
    S.Burgess Cartwright Mata'utia (Butcher Stimson Arrow)
    Norman Johnson (Elgey Hingano)
    Croker Kahu (Idris Whare)
    Tedesco RTS Hayne (Ponga Uate)

Welcome mate. I'll give you a quick run down:
    Hookers-both could not even play round 1. Not a fan of 2 cheapies. Get Smith & a cheapie or 2 mid range hookers.
    Props-I think Tetevano is injured atm so he doubtful rd 1. Gray won't play. Really like James pick. Gurgess starting both trials so signs are promising
    2FR-1st 3 great picks but B,S,A won't likely feature in round 1
    HALFS-Nice
    CTRS-Croker injured will miss 1st couple of rounds. Kahu is a trap. He inherits gk but I can't see the Broncos scoring many points with their opening draw. Play Idris & downgrade Kahu to a cheapie 143k.
    WFB-Very nice bro but Ponga won't play rd 1 so replace with Phythian who seems to have the f/b spot. To help with your hooker upgrade I'd downgrade Tedesco & R. James if necessary.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Random wrote:

HOK: Do you still take McCullough if Nikorima ends up named on the bench?

FRF: I really like the Lawrence pick up. He has  had a few poor years due to injury and being priced around 34 points he can easily improve on that and push towards 40-45 points as long as he gets at least 40 minutes. The only concern is that he was on the outers last season and that wouldn't be something I want to worry about. Kaufusi and Hoare, I assume are both placement holders? One of the Cowboys forwards, Hess, Hoare, Kaufusi, Asiata or Spina are likely to make some decent cash this year. However it remains to be seen which one will do so and I don't think it is a sound investment grabbing both of them.

2RF: Tohu Harris doesn't have much room to improve but when he scores a try he can bust out a massive score overall and could be a handy PoD. He is priced just below the top tier guns so if he strings together a couple of strong attacking games he could be bumped up in score. However he can suffer in a similar fashion to Aubusson in that his scores can be impacted by his versatility. Which might be worth keeping in mind considering you are also running Aubusson who like every year looks like a great pick up. Klemmer, I struggle to see him improving drastically as well, but there isn't anyone else that looks appealing at his price. So if a cheapie comes along or you like the idea of Sironen, K. Bromwich, or J. Wallace then he should be decent enough and wont lose you cash. But definitely a downgrade option if you need it. (Note: I think K. Bromwich is probably the safest pick of those 3 guys.)

HLF: Norman looks like he will be in a great position this year as the first and most likely only choice kicker at the Eels which is good. Moses isn't going to be a top-tier HLF most likely but like Mbye last year for people can help you jump to another gun. Just make sure you get of the ride at the top, otherwise you may come crashing back down.

CTR: Walker is a decent pick, he has been getting a lot of mentions recently. He is one of those guys around the $300k mark worth taking a punt on.

WFB: Starting a Knights FB in your 17....

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 8 MwA9k

First up cheers for the excellent write up apart from the parts where you bagged my team.

I thought with Lawrence he injured himself that's why he went missing the end of the year. Maybe he trained the house down and is back in favour in Barretts eyes.

Yeah the two cowboys players are just placeholders I thought it was weird that this weekend the Patrick was the one named 18th man that bodes well for Hoare id imagine.

My thoughts with Tohu is that he along with Bromwich are the seniors at the storm now. He had a few games at centre that brought his average down. I think this year it'll be Kaufusi the one being moved around. Also they seem to have more depth now that I doubt he'll ever be named in the centres thus year.

Aubs.. This will be there first time ive ever owned him.. I dunno what I'm doing here but the stats are there if he can stay in the second row he'll make cash. I'm hoping its not like every other year.
    Klemmer I think may be able to improve on his average with the loss of Tim Browne I think a lot more will fall on him to play bigger mins with Beastwood coming off. Hes also at the price where if he maintains hes a decent price so get someone else decent too. My only other option for that price would be ET.. Hmm he actually maybe the better offer.

and the Knights fullback in my 17.. Well I got burnt last year what can I say I'm a glutton for punishment

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

MrCashman wrote:I'm tossing up between J Buhrer and his teammate M Barnett

Both are guns, only problem with Buhrer is he is injury prone, if he stays healthy I can see him averaging mid 50s

Barnett was a gun for me last year, but his minutes might get cut due to recent forward signings

If Barnett were to play 80mins at lock he would be my first choice. I really think he'll be getting a spell and again I think the team will be chopping and changing each week until they string a win or two together
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Random wrote:

HOK: Ballin isn't likely to be there Round 1. However this may have been posted before his injury news.

FRF: Tetevano will be hard pressed to make the Roosters side Round 1 as well. How many minutes is J. Wallace going to get. Last season when he played more than 40 minutes (Discounting the game he scored a try) he averaged a PPM of 0.75ppm. This means he will need 40 minutes on average to keep up his current price tag. However 60 minutes will see him push around 45 points a game, which is a decent upgrade. My problem is I don't see him getting 60 minutes. The Titans have 3 backrowers capable of playing a large amount of minutes. (Though Pulu will earn himself a spot in the 2RF rotation.) He will have Ryan James starting alongside him. The person he is replacing averaged 40 minutes last season (Luke Douglas). I think at best he averages 50 minutes and outside of scoring tries it should bump his score by around 7 points. It makes it a hard pick to justify for mine. Although if you think he will average 60 minutes then he is definitely a solid buy. Also the Titans have confirmed they are in talks with Grevmuhl who could impact on the likelihood of Wallace playing more than 40 minutes.

2RF: I personally don't like Hess due to his price. I just don't know how much I see his minutes increasing this year. He could get consistent minutes, but his scores from last season are all boosted by tries. In 8 games he scored a try in 4 of them. Not saying he can't keep that strike rate, but he just looks too risky for his price tag of $267k. He could end up making you cash, but it could take him half the season to get there. I would look for another mid-tier guy hoping to make the leap or look for a cheaper player elsewhere. How many minutes are you expecting from Arrow now that McGuire has been named as Parker's successor. There won't be many minutes with the shift of McGuire and then Glenn, Thaiday, and Gillett already there in the 2RF.

HLF: An extremely different HLF selection with two guns. It could definitely pay off well but Reynolds after dealing with injuries and such, however they will both be PoD and will mean you are starting stacked in the HLF's which isn't a real issue or concern. It is just is different is all...

CTR:
    S. Maita'Utia would look better in the 2RF and could free up Hess to become a cheaper CTR option. However that is just my personal thoughts and dislike of picking Hess.

WFB: T. Trbojevic could definitely end up being a keeper CTR/WFB this year. Which is great to start with.

Overall: Your team looks decent esepcially considering the amount of PoD's you have to start the season with. Just a few minor tweaks here and there and you should be set.

Cheers Random,

Have had a good read, and tried to get up to speed with players this preseason.

Smith, King
    DSaifiti, JWH, GBurgess, Perret
    SBurgess, Cartwright, KBrom, SMat, FWinterstein, Stimson
    Norman, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    TTrbo, Whare, Idris, Scott
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Ponga

Leaves me with 100k and some flexibility.

Thoughts anyone?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:26 am

I've put together a 'gut feel' 25, thoughts?

Hodgson, McCrone
    Gurgess, Wallace, Scott, rookie
    McGuire, Sione, Surgess, Hess, Kennedy, rookie
    Cronk, Taylor, Elgey, rookie
    Tturbo, Scott, Idris, rookie
    Kahu, GI, Hayne, RTS, rookie
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:34 am

Have started up a 16 team draft league - draft starts tonight 7pm with 12hr limit on your pick - would like to think we get it sorted by game #1 in 13 days.

All welcome.

LCUHLUKJ

Cheers,
    filth
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Until TLT

Smith (c), McInnes
    DSaifiti,Gurgess, Perrett, Ese'Ese
    Surgess, DeBelin, McGuire, SMat, MCK, Stimpson
    Norman, Sezer, Lamb, Elgey
    Idris, Scott/Kelly, Scott/Kelly, Drew
    RTS, Hayne, Kahu, Phythian, Jennings

happy with balance
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:42 pm

While its quiet ill post my new team, gone in a very different direction.

Luke, Peats
    DSaifiti, JWH, Gurgess, Perett
    Surgess (c), ET, SMat, Sironen, LLeilua, Stimson
    JT, Maloney, Elgey, Field
    Trbo, Whare, Idris, Scott
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Ponga

Leaves me with 122k though so could grab another gun somewhere possibly
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:16 am

Welshy wrote:Until TLT

Smith (c), McInnes
    DSaifiti,Gurgess, Perrett, Ese'Ese
    Surgess, DeBelin, McGuire, SMat, MCK, Stimpson
    Norman, Sezer, Lamb, Elgey
    Idris, Scott/Kelly, Scott/Kelly, Drew
    RTS, Hayne, Kahu, Phythian, Jennings

happy with balance

taylor -> Sezer welshy?
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:17 am

I've rejigged it again. Can't seam to leave it alone lol.

Didn't mum always say if you keep playing with it, it'll fall off...

Here goes...

Smith (C) / King
    JBrom / Tamou / Gurgess (R) / Gray
    KBrom / ET / Jaifiti / Wallace (R) / Nicholls / Stimson
    TTrbo / SMat / Idris (R) / Cotric
    Teddy / RTS / Hayne / Ponga / Phythian

Probably the best side I've put down so far... Thoughts?

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:53 pm