NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Sik
    Sik

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Sik Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 9:34

Worst team ever. Razz

Welcome bro, I finally convinced you to join and post.
    Dananz
    Dananz

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Dananz Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:12

superbucks wrote:I'm pretty set waiting on team lists now to confirm cheap selections...

Smith, McInnes
    Scott, JWH, Gurgess (Perrett)
    DeBelin, KBromwich, SMata'utia, Sironen (Stimson, cheap)
    AReynolds, Cronk, Lamb (Elgey)
    Idris, Scott (Kelly, cheap)
    Gutherson, RTS, Hayne (Phythlan, Dew)

I think this may be the best team I have seen!

How much in the bank?
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:30

I can't bring myself to go smithless...

Here is my team draft #783

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 11 Img_3110

What do you think?
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 11:40

Billsill wrote: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 11 Team10

Any ideas or comments on the team guys

any tips would be appreceiated,

cheers

Bro....

As we discussed at length on the phone... team looks good. You've got the players that you want, eg Rapana, JDB and James. Bring on the TLT to fine tune things a little.

Might need to follow up on the fitness of Rapana..,
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 11:47

cheers

300k tied up in NPR's is money that could possibly be better spent upgrading your 17.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:05

cheers

I second what Krumpy said, a bit too much cash tied up in your npr's for my liking. Wasted points.

Also, you really should re-position all your players to be highest $$ to lowest $$, left to right and top to bottom within each position. It is much better feng shui, and is also easier to see a teams strengths and weaknesses.

And helps me sleep better and doesn't hurt my eyes as much.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed 22 Feb 2017 - 21:47

Dananz wrote:

I think this may be the best team I have seen!

How much in the bank?

7k mate. I like the structure but some of the picks I'm still questioning; since I seem to have a lot of mid pricers.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 2:32

@Billsill any team with Rapa in it gets my vote, ballsy, I like you!
    Billsill
    Billsill

Post by Billsill Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 6:54

Thanks Guys, Shuffling a few around now to free up some cash, and to bring back some of that feng-shui!

cheers
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 7:19

AL wrote:

I second what Krumpy said, a bit too much cash tied up in your npr's for my liking.  Wasted points.

Also, you really should re-position all your players to be highest $$ to lowest $$, left to right and top to bottom within each position.  It is much better feng shui, and is also easier to see a teams strengths and weaknesses.

And helps me sleep better and doesn't hurt my eyes as much.
    Ignore the Feng Shui rubbish. You should organise your players from left to right then reserves in the order that they are playing that round that way if there is a late withdrawal you're more likely to be able to change reserves instead of getting an AE.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 9:57

Krump wrote:
    Ignore the Feng Shui rubbish. You should organise your players from left to right then reserves in the order that they are playing that round that way if there is a late withdrawal you're more likely to be able to change reserves instead of getting an AE.

Haha, touché.

But there are no games yet, we are in pre-season and critiquing teams, I find it is easier to identify strength and weakness when a team is in somewhat value order. But that could just be my sub conscious CDO taking over, it does that.

Anyway, his team, he can order it how he likes! Back to ironing my socks.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 10:31

AL wrote:

Haha, touché.

But there are no games yet, we are in pre-season and critiquing teams, I find it is easier to identify strength and weakness when a team is in somewhat value order. But that could just be my sub conscious CDO taking over, it does that.

Anyway, his team, he can order it how he likes! Back to ironing my socks.
    Wasn't having a dig mate just pointing it out for others benefit. Are you sure you have OCD?
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 11:25

Krump wrote:
    Wasn't having a dig mate just pointing it out for others benefit. Are you sure you have OCD?

Yeah that's why it's in alphabetical order. It's only mild OCD though, generally hindered by my own laziness.

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 11:36

C.McInnes, J.Brailey
    N.Brown, M.Scott, JWH, Gurgess
    S.Mannering(C), J.McGuire, D.Klemmer, E.Taylor, K.Bromwich, J.Stimson
    C.Norman, K.Elgey, M.Hingano, J.Field
    S.Mat, J.Idris, N.Cotric, M.Suli
    RTS, V.Holmes, Hayne Plane, D.Phythian, K.Ponga

$6,000 ITB

Strengths/Weaknesses with this line up?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 13:12

dreamers wrote:C.McInnes, J.Brailey
    N.Brown, M.Scott, JWH, Gurgess
    S.Mannering(C), J.McGuire, D.Klemmer, E.Taylor, K.Bromwich, J.Stimson
    C.Norman, K.Elgey, M.Hingano, J.Field
    S.Mat, J.Idris, N.Cotric, M.Suli
    RTS, V.Holmes, Hayne Plane, D.Phythian, K.Ponga

$6,000 ITB

Strengths/Weaknesses with this line up?

Weaknesses - no Smith /Fifita as captain. So unless Mannering or McInnes step up you are givien up a few points a week.

Halves will struggle. Elgey not a big scorer and come round 3 its a good chance neither Hingano or Field will be playing

Strengths is that you have a good forward pack.
    ice_berg86
    ice_berg86

Post by ice_berg86 Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 13:24

any problems you can see with this line up pending TLT

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 11 Team11

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 13:25

Milchcow wrote:

Weaknesses - no Smith /Fifita as captain. So unless Mannering or McInnes step up you are givien up a few points a week.

Halves will struggle. Elgey not a big scorer and come round 3 its a good chance neither Hingano or Field will be playing

Strengths is that you have a good forward pack.

Not running Smith or Fifita to have a balanced squad across the board. They are far too expensive for my liking.

I agree with the lack of good scoring HLF, would a downgrade of a 2RF to upgrade Hingano to Lamb/Sezer be better?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 13:53

Farah, Brailey
    Fifita, Jbrom, Gburges, Hoare
    JDB, ET, Kbrom, Wallace, Smat, Stimson
    Carty, Elgy, Hingano, Field
    Tturbo, Idris, Kelly, Olive
    RTS, Holmes, Hayne, Ponga, Python

What are your thoughts?
    I feel like its well balanced, however im very tempted to downgrade Kbrom to an NPR DPP and upgrade Wallace to Tohu.
    Pros: Another gun. Cons: Weaker reserves
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:00

dreamers wrote:

Not running Smith or Fifita to have a balanced squad across the board. They are far too expensive for my liking.

I agree with the lack of good scoring HLF, would a downgrade of a 2RF to upgrade Hingano to Lamb/Sezer be better?

The first thing you do when creating a team is pick you're captain. Fair enough you want a balanced squad but it shouldn't be at the expense of your captain. If you don't start with Smith the next best is Fifita & then JDB/Gallen & then Mannering. Mannering will score you solid 50's early 60's each game but you need a captain who will get you a score over 65+ & go large.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu 23 Feb 2017 - 14:16

Fortitude wrote:Farah, Brailey
    Fifita, Jbrom, Gburges, Hoare
    JDB, ET, Kbrom, Wallace, Smat, Stimson
    Carty, Elgy, Hingano, Field
    Tturbo, Idris, Kelly, Olive
    RTS, Holmes, Hayne, Ponga, Python

What are your thoughts?
    I feel like its well balanced, however im very tempted to downgrade Kbrom to an NPR DPP and upgrade Wallace to Tohu.
    Pros: Another gun. Cons: Weaker reserves

F. Kaufusi seems in line to get Proctor's spot not K-Brom so downgrade K-Brom to F. Kaufusi (Kaufusi should get dpp)
    Wallace wasn't very impressive on the weekend so I would drop him & move Carty back to the 2fr.
    Stimson unlikely to be in the 17.
    Hingano will maybe get 2-3 games & Field unlikely to be in the 17.
    Olive picked up an injury & may not be available for round 1
    I have doubts Ponga will play round 1. Even if he is Winterstein's replacement he'll only get a couple of games.
    You may have to downgrade somewhere to upgrade your halves.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 13:51