NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by wolfking Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:38 am

Why Jacob Saifiti? Won't he be lucky to get a bench spot?
    Sik
    Sik

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Sik Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 am

I was actually going to pose that question in the main thread. Daifiti a better prospect?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:59 am

Sik wrote:I was actually going to pose that question in the main thread. Daifiti a better prospect?

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob doesn't even find a place on the bench.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 am

wolfking wrote:

Absolutely.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jacob doesn't even find a place on the bench.

Thanks mate. Jaifiti, see ya bro.... hello Mr. Sironen... welcome to the Gargoyles...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 am

Sik wrote:

Thanks mate. Jaifiti, see ya bro.... hello Mr. Sironen... welcome to the Gargoyles...

Much better option there.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 am

Sik wrote:I've rejigged it again. Can't seam to leave it alone lol.

Didn't mum always say if you keep playing with it, it'll fall off...

Here goes...

Smith (C) / King
    JBrom / Tamou / Gurgess (R) / Gray
    KBrom / ET / Jaifiti / Wallace (R) / Nicholls / Stimson
    Norman / Lamb / Elgey (R) / Field
    TTrbo / SMat / Idris (R) / Cotric
    Teddy / RTS / Hayne / Ponga / Phythian

Probably the best side I've put down so far... Thoughts?

HOK: What do you do if King isn't playing or Kaysa is named with someone else on the bench? Do you hope that either could make enough in 40 minutes.

FRF: J. Tamou looked great in the Nines and could potentially burst out keeper sized scores. It remains to be seen how the Panthers minutes will break down, but with 50 minutes he could definitely psuh a 50 point average next year. Stat wise last year was great for Tamou, but really he is all about the potential he showed and could turn out immensely well. I really, really like the pick.

2RF: Already discussed but D. Saifiti is a better prospect than his brother. I am personally not sold on Wallace performing much better than he did in the past year.

HLF: Looking like a strong starting pair.

CTR: Possibly the best two players in this position side from BJ and Croker at the moment.

WFB: I don't need to tell you it is good.

Overall: How did this all fit under the cap? This team looks really solid. Like noticeably the 2nd HOK and the 2RF are Poor/Mid-Tier range. But honestly all the other big things going on with this team draw your attention away from those spots. I personally would drop Wallace, move S. Mata'Utia up. Start Idris and pick up a cheap CTR. Then you have a decent amount of cash to splash around HOK if you need to.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:25 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:While its quiet ill post my new team, gone in a very different direction.

Luke, Peats
    DSaifiti, JWH, Gurgess, Perett
    Surgess (c), ET, SMat, Sironen, LLeilua, Stimson
    JT, Maloney, Elgey, Field
    Trbo, Whare, Idris, Scott
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Ponga

Leaves me with 122k though so could grab another gun somewhere possibly

HOK: What are you doing. STAAAAAHHHPPP!!!

FRF: WHERE ARE THE GUNS? STAAAHHHHPPPP!!!!

2RF:
    You can get a 2RF like this with Smith in your team.

HLF: JT is a left field gun choice. He can potentially average more than nearly every other HLF in the game. You will need to trade him out over Origin though most likely. Is there someone else around his price bracket you may like? There just is potential to save a trade. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with JT who will be somewhat of a PoD against more competitive teams.

CTR: T. Trbojevic is definitely a keeper in the CTR position. You could run even lighter here, if you aren't confident in Whare. However that isn't necessary.

WFB: Stock standard.

Overall: You picked a very middle of the road choice. I don't necessarily like Peats if Tyrone Roberts is going to be taking his minutes. But there are other options there. Wouldn't mind seeing a second captain choice aside from S. Burgess. So you essentially have two you can flip between. Someone like R. James, J. de Belin, P. Gallen, A. Fifita. Just for a Smith team it feels a little lacking. But it is rounded out nicely.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:00 am

Random wrote:

HOK: What do you do if King isn't playing or Kaysa is named with someone else on the bench? Do you hope that either could make enough in 40 minutes.

FRF: J. Tamou looked great in the Nines and could potentially burst out keeper sized scores. It remains to be seen how the Panthers minutes will break down, but with 50 minutes he could definitely psuh a 50 point average next year. Stat wise last year was great for Tamou, but really he is all about the potential he showed and could turn out immensely well. I really, really like the pick.

2RF: Already discussed but D. Saifiti is a better prospect than his brother. I am personally not sold on Wallace performing much better than he did in the past year.

HLF: Looking like a strong starting pair.

CTR: Possibly the best two players in this position side from BJ and Croker at the moment.

WFB: I don't need to tell you it is good.

Overall: How did this all fit under the cap? This team looks really solid. Like noticeably the 2nd HOK and the 2RF are Poor/Mid-Tier range. But honestly all the other big things going on with this team draw your attention away from those spots. I personally would drop Wallace, move S. Mata'Utia up. Start Idris and pick up a cheap CTR. Then you have a decent amount of cash to splash around HOK if you need to.

Thanks for the awesome write up Random. I've got a couple of contingencies up my sleeve.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 am

Random wrote:

HOK: What are you doing. STAAAAAHHHPPP!!!

FRF: WHERE ARE THE GUNS? STAAAHHHHPPPP!!!!

2RF:
    You can get a 2RF like this with Smith in your team.

HLF: JT is a left field gun choice. He can potentially average more than nearly every other HLF in the game. You will need to trade him out over Origin though most likely. Is there someone else around his price bracket you may like? There just is potential to save a trade. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with JT who will be somewhat of a PoD against more competitive teams.

CTR: T. Trbojevic is definitely a keeper in the CTR position. You could run even lighter here, if you aren't confident in Whare. However that isn't necessary.

WFB: Stock standard.

Overall: You picked a very middle of the road choice. I don't necessarily like Peats if Tyrone Roberts is going to be taking his minutes. But there are other options there. Wouldn't mind seeing a second captain choice aside from S. Burgess. So you essentially have two you can flip between. Someone like R. James, J. de Belin, P. Gallen, A. Fifita. Just for a Smith team it feels a little lacking. But it is rounded out nicely.

Hmmmm well not sure what to think about that lol. I would love to have Smith but there is absolutely no cheap hooker worth even looking at due to job security.

May have to wait for TLT and go from there even though that's still risky
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Zero in the kitty,

Smith, Pritchard
    McGuire, Wallace, G.Burgess(R)Perrett
    S.Burgess, Aubusson, Taylor,S.Mata'utla(R)Hess(R)Winterstein
    Johnson, Moses, Hingano, Elsey(R)
    Talakai, Indris, Scott, Kelly
    Trbojevic, Hayne, Tuivasa-Sheck, Pythian, Ponga
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Bored on a Saturday so thought I'd have yet another crack.

Smith, Hodgson
    JBrom, DSaifiti, Gurgess, Hoare
    Surgess, Carty, Lolo, Sironen, LLeilua, Stimson
    Lamb, Elgey, Cleeland, Field
    SMat, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Pythian

28k in the bank
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Welshy wrote:Until TLT

Smith (c), McInnes
    DSaifiti,Gurgess, Perrett, Ese'Ese
    Surgess, DeBelin, McGuire, SMat, MCK, Stimpson
    Norman, Sezer, Lamb, Elgey
    Idris, Scott/Kelly, Scott/Kelly, Drew
    RTS, Hayne, Kahu, Phythian, Jennings

happy with balance

HOK: One of the strongest starting pairs.

FRF: Looks a little light but will be fine. Especially considering McGuire DPP

2RF: Really strong 2RF.

HLF: I really like Sezer, but if there is a cheapie like Field to start the season.

CTR: Super light, but hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

WFB: Interesting pick in Kahu, but could certainly average 35 points this season making a trade to a WFB gun easy.

Overall: There isn't anything wrong with the team or any of the picks. You have some more of the less common picks with Kahu and Sezer, but that doesn't make them bad picks.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 pm

If you get the chance Random would you be able to run your eye over this rabble of a team
    Stuck between pairing Smith and KBrom vs Macca and Surgess.

Macca, Farah
    McGuire, DSaifiti, Perrett, Hoare
    Surgess, De Belin, ET, SMat, Wallace, Scrub (Stimpson)
    DCE, Lamb, Elgey, Scrub (Cleeland)
    Whare, Idris, Kelly, Jennings
    RTS, Holmes, Hayne, Phytian, Ponga

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:50 am

Smith, Peats
    Vaughan, Gurgess, Wallace, Perrett
    Surgess, Harris, McGuire, SMat, L Pulu, Simpkins
    Gutherson, Lamb, Elgey, Hingano
    Talaki, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Python, Rennings

Post by Guest Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:53 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Bored on a Saturday so thought I'd have yet another crack.

Smith, Hodgson
    JBrom, DSaifiti, Gurgess, Hoare
    Surgess, Carty, Lolo, Sironen, LLeilua, Stimson
    Lamb, Elgey, Cleeland, Field
    SMat, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Pythian

28k in the bank

Taumalolo is about the only player in your team I have doubts with. I'd go Buhrer or Taupau personally.
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 am

Team I'm sitting on at the moment

Smith Hodgson
    Saifiti Prior Ese'ese Perrett
    Surgess Buhrer Smat Sironen Capewell Gray
    Cleary Moses Lamb Elgey
    Idris Talakai Kelly Scott
    Trbojevic Hayne RTS Pythian Rennings

May be too mid range heavy in the forwards
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Post Trial Team List. --- found this more appropriate thread

Thought?

HOK / Smith (c) / Brailey
    FRF / Daifiti / Gurgess / Matagi / Faufusi
    2RF / Surgess (vc) / Jrbojevic / Eaylor / Afoa / Sata'uita / Kapewell
    HLF / Aaylor / Lamb / Frown / Cleeland
    CTR / Walker / Gagai / Chee-Kam / Idris
    WFB / Gutherson / Ruivasa-Sheck / Hayne / Ponga / Phythian

Like it balanced side. Cash cows ahoy!
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:00 pm

lk22 wrote:Rookie here, looking for a bit of help.

Team

Smith (Pritchard)
    Daifiti GBurgess (FKaufusi, Perrett)
    Mannering, Surgess, McGuire, (SMat, KBrom, Stimson)
    Norman, ATaylor, (Elgey, Hingano)
    Idris, RJennings (Kelly, Scott)
    RTS, Hayne, Holmes (Slater, Phythian)

31k ITB

Got Pritchard in for King on new news, but tentative.
    No guns in the FRF but those three should all make cash.
    Happy with 2RF, getting Mannering & Surgess is making me suffer elsewhere.
    Could change Taylor to Lamb for cash, Hingano to ?? on Foran news.
    Standard CTR's, bit weak with three rookies.
    Could get rid of Slater to upgrade CTR or FRF?

Any advice appreciated!

Pritchard no go as a hooker unless 80 minutes and wont be given that.. Maybe look to whoever the sharks throw up or upgrade using Slater downgrade.
    Perrett does not really have much of an upside. There is better cash cows.
    Stimson wont get a run and there are questions marks over McGuire and KBrom. KBrom in particular may struggle to get the minutes to be more than a mid-ranger.
    Ditch Hingano ASAP as he will only play two games and from all reports wont make a lot of money based on his form. I am not sold on Elgey, but plenty of others are because of his price, but I cant see much of an upside. Lamb is a good option, but Taylor is too.
    Centres need heaps of work. Not expecting much from Idris, but worthwhile as an NPR. Rennings and Kelly probably wont get a run and Scott is dicey after his trial performance.
    WFB is OK but you have too many other areas to work on before taking a risk with Slater. Who knows when he will actually get a start at Melbourne. Can certainly wait and see with him, but move on for now
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Goondalf wrote:Team I'm sitting on at the moment

Smith Hodgson
    Saifiti Prior Ese'ese Perrett
    Surgess Buhrer Smat Sironen Capewell Gray
    Cleary Moses Lamb Elgey
    Idris Talakai Kelly Scott
    Trbojevic Hayne RTS Pythian Rennings

May be too mid range heavy in the forwards

HOK solid, strong options (pricey though)

FRF maybe you mean Daifiti. Question marks whether Prior will be able to maintain last seasons scores in this years Sharks pack, but if you think he will be
    OK, then do for it. I think both you cash cow option are quite poor slow burners and ultimately dissatisfying.

2RF First 3 picks OK. Lots of debate over Sironen. I would worry about his PPM. Will make money, but so will many others. Capewell good chance of playing (mid level cash cow) Gray is unlikely to get a run.

HLF very solid. I would suggest downgrading Elgey. I remain unconvinced.

CTR Talakai -- OK as a cash cow, but not in starting side. Idris also unconvincing starter. Best you can hope for initially is an NPR. Other two picks are not guaranteed to start. CTR is very weak in your case and in urgent need of adjustment.

WFB Solid WFB but ditch Rennings the non starter. Question whether TTrbo will make money or just stick solid with existing scores and maybe consider downgrading to support other areas, or put him in your centres
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Feline wrote:Post Trial Team List. --- found this more appropriate thread

Thought?

HOK / Smith (c) / Brailey
    FRF / Daifiti / Gurgess / Matagi / Faufusi
    2RF / Surgess (vc) / Jrbojevic / Eaylor / Afoa / Sata'uita / Kapewell
    HLF / Aaylor / Lamb / Frown / Cleeland
    CTR / Walker / Gagai / Chee-Kam / Idris
    WFB / Gutherson / Ruivasa-Sheck / Hayne / Ponga / Phythian

Like it balanced side. Cash cows ahoy!

HOK: Can you fill me on Brailey, will he be sharing minutes with someone. His name has floated around a fair bit, but has the upcoming Sharks trial suggested something?

FRF: Matagi looks set to play a large amount of minutes but if you look closer at his stats he is uninspiring. He scores decently in short stints. However longer stints he doesn't actually improve on that score. Last season he had a 60 minute game and a 41 minute game as his highest games in terms of minutes and scored 27 points both times. His average PPM in games he played 35 minutes or more is 0.59 PPM. He is priced at 22 points, which means he would need at least 40 minutes to even maintain his price. He just doesn't inspire confidence. So unless you have seen him being busy during the trials, and want to bet his overall workload improves with his minutes. Then I would avoid him. Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints where he is fresh and simply there to make an impact. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints (Due to either burning out, or conserving more) he is likely to struggle to hit a 30-35 point average. While that means he can make you money the improvement is so little that it will take him quite awhile to do it. Meanwhile you are investing an extra $60k (Over a rookie) for someone who barely struggles to make your side. Better investments elsewhere, or take a punt on a Rookie.

2RF: J. Trbojevic could be a decent PoD to start the year with. I am also not sold on Afoa because I am not sure how he maintains his starting position in a full strength Warriors pack. With minutes he looks like he could be a gun. However he is a heavy investment to bet on.

HLF: SO you are picking up two Rookie hookers from the same team? I am not saying there is an issue with that but if Mortimer gets back in favour it could be. However two cashcows this year would be decent to have.

CTR: Gagai is great and can bust out massive scores but can be inconsistent. I don't necessarily say you shouldn't pick him. But if you can jump him to a more consistent gun when he peaks you should be good.

WFB: Gutherson has potential to be a great option this year. It is just not yet decided as to how much Norman will impact on his scores. Now the lack of KM shouldn't be too much of an issue as he scored well without them. The only issue is if he can remain as consistent with his attacking stats to keep him scoring well. Although he does do some defending averaging around 20 tackles when playing Five-Eight. So that will definitely help out. Just keep in mind the impact that Norman may have if the attack is run through him a lot more than Gutherson.

Overall: I would rather not see the two Sharks Hookers personally, but you may know more than I do. Other than that, there are a few guys with questionmarks that you could look at safer bets to start the year. But everyone you picked has an upside so I wouldn't stress too hard about it.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:04 am