NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7067
    Reputation : 7289
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Aardvark Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:30 am

    my tv broke wrote:

    didnt it finish about 10 years ago ?

    Not quite finished but i think it's about Super 3.5 down from Super 15
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4457
    Reputation : 5477
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : The Kingdom of the Lord of the Byes

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by easytiger Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:45 am

    robelgordo wrote:He can commiserate with Stephen Crichton and Suaalii about it during Origin camp.

    Lol

    robelgordo wrote:

    It seems every outside back is an aspiring FB these days.

    I mean why wouldn't you!

    Back when I was a cub, I used to think I was wasted stuck on the wing when I was deep down a fullback just waiting for my big chance - and that was back when everyone probably got paid much the same regardless of position

    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 27784
    Reputation : 20287
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:40 pm

    robelgordo wrote:It seems every outside back is an aspiring FB these days.

    i don't think this is a new thing.

    does make me chuckle every time matt says kiraz preferred position is fb.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17278
    Reputation : 12030
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Kashyyyk

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Chewie Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:48 pm

    It sounds like Edwards quad strain is only minor. Hoping that he'll be good to go for game 2. With Teddy playing 16.
    (One can only hope)
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13187
    Reputation : 5801
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Rabbits21 Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:49 pm

    Chewie wrote:It sounds like Edwards quad strain is only minor. Hoping that he'll be good to go for game 2. With Teddy playing 16.
    (One can only hope)
    Where did you hear this?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17278
    Reputation : 12030
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Kashyyyk

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Chewie Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:55 pm

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    Where did you hear this?
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/state-of-origin-2024-nsw-blues-vs-queensland-maroons-cause-of-dylan-edwards-injury-james-tedesco-recalled-latest-news-updates/news-story/95d541f3188b49ecb4db394847c0950f

    "Yeo revealed the extent of Edwards’ injury was so minor he could’ve kept his complaint quiet and pushed through until Game One. But, Edwards opted to put New South Wales first and flag his injury".

    Minor quad strain is usually 1-2 weeks
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 27784
    Reputation : 20287
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:01 pm

    Hope the Barry Toohey of Penrith wasnt wrong about 4-6 weeks
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17278
    Reputation : 12030
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Kashyyyk

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Chewie Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:11 pm

    so many trade scenarios, but I'm leaning towards getting Koro, Uto, and Wighton, who should provide plenty of cover going forward.
    Tigs
    Tigs

    Posts : 825
    Reputation : 1214
    Join date : 2024-01-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Tigs Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:12 pm

    my tv broke wrote:Hope the Barry Toohey of Penrith wasnt wrong about 4-6 weeks

    Hmm this is from Blues medico.. article published this morning..
    “He strained the lower part of his quad muscle, just where all the muscles merge into the quadriceps tendon, and the MRI showed the muscles weren’t damaged but there was a strain,” Blues doctor Nathan Gibbs told this masthead.

    “It’s an injury you can’t play well with four days later. It’s actually two to three weeks before you make a full recovery. Sometimes you can play inside that time, but the risk of re-injuring and making it a higher grade tear increases.

    “The Panthers play Sunday, which is eight days after the injury. It’s possible, but it would be high risk. Sunday week [against the Knights] is more likely, but again there is still that risk [of re-injury]. Ideally, he would be ready to play the next Origin game, which would be three-and-a-half weeks.”

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tedesco-could-play-entire-origin-series-as-edwards-faces-three-weeks-on-sidelines-20240603-p5jivi.html
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12331
    Reputation : 8813
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by robelgordo Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:23 pm

    Tigs wrote:

    Hmm this is from Blues medico.. article published this morning..
    “He strained the lower part of his quad muscle, just where all the muscles merge into the quadriceps tendon, and the MRI showed the muscles weren’t damaged but there was a strain,” Blues doctor Nathan Gibbs told this masthead.

    “It’s an injury you can’t play well with four days later. It’s actually two to three weeks before you make a full recovery. Sometimes you can play inside that time, but the risk of re-injuring and making it a higher grade tear increases.

    “The Panthers play Sunday, which is eight days after the injury. It’s possible, but it would be high risk. Sunday week [against the Knights] is more likely, but again there is still that risk [of re-injury]. Ideally, he would be ready to play the next Origin game, which would be three-and-a-half weeks.”

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tedesco-could-play-entire-origin-series-as-edwards-faces-three-weeks-on-sidelines-20240603-p5jivi.html

    Incidental but Nathan Gibbs seems to have been NSW doctor for 40+ years, yet his position never comes under scrutiny in the media discussions on selections!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 27784
    Reputation : 20287
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:43 pm

    Panthers might just give Edwards a couple extra weeks off though I suppose. Cleary already been an issue for them this year.
    BBowler
    BBowler

    Posts : 1070
    Reputation : 596
    Join date : 2018-04-10

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by BBowler Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:43 pm

    robelgordo wrote:

    Incidental but Nathan Gibbs seems to have been NSW doctor for 40+ years, yet his position never comes under scrutiny in the media discussions on selections!


    Or for all the injuries the Blues seem to cop in camp or in the game?
    Tigs
    Tigs

    Posts : 825
    Reputation : 1214
    Join date : 2024-01-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Tigs Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:49 pm

    Kotoni Staggs has been cleared to play against the Sharks (DT)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10167
    Reputation : 7681
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:59 pm

    robelgordo wrote:

    Incidental but Nathan Gibbs seems to have been NSW doctor for 40+ years, yet his position never comes under scrutiny in the media discussions on selections!

    Yeah we shouldn't just be using incumbancy for staff. Gotta pick doctors based on form
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18936
    Reputation : 6533
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:09 pm

    Chewie wrote:so many trade scenarios, but I'm leaning towards getting Koro, Uto, and Wighton, who should provide plenty of cover going forward.
    Koro, Twal, Latrell and Fifita on my shopping list
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

    Posts : 524
    Reputation : 496
    Join date : 2023-05-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by kamikamicameleons Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:16 pm

    Aardvark wrote:

    Not quite finished but i think it's about Super 3.5 down from Super 15

    Yeah it's a bit shit these days. As a Hurricanes fan I'm happy to be on top though! And even better, the crusaders are out
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 6147
    Reputation : 2183
    Join date : 2019-02-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Khany Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:21 pm

    kamikamicameleons wrote:

    Yeah it's a bit shit these days. As a Hurricanes fan I'm happy to be on top though! And even better, the crusaders are out

    The Reds have played this well under Les Kiss.

    Going to see them vs Wales in July.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7067
    Reputation : 7289
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Aardvark Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:25 pm

    robelgordo wrote:

    Incidental but Nathan Gibbs seems to have been NSW doctor for 40+ years, yet his position never comes under scrutiny in the media discussions on selections!

    BBowler wrote:


    Or for all the injuries the Blues seem to cop in camp or in the game?

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    Yeah we shouldn't just be using incumbancy for staff. Gotta pick doctors based on form

    Dr Nick in with a shot? He fixed Mika Sivo & Corey Oates up with feet for hands earlier in the season.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

    Posts : 17278
    Reputation : 12030
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Kashyyyk

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Chewie Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:27 pm

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Koro, Twal, Latrell and Fifita on my shopping list

    You'll need a fair bit of cash, but they're all good purchases.
    Fifita probably the best captaincy option this week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18936
    Reputation : 6533
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:33 pm

    Chewie wrote:

    You'll need a fair bit of cash, but they're all good purchases.
    Fifita probably the best captaincy option this week
    Crichton, Hughes, Salmon and Mikaele + some spending money

      Current date/time is Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:09 pm