NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 5072
    Reputation : 2192
    Join date : 2020-03-18

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by BCT05 Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:09 pm

    I think it was Camo that posted about squad value in the last thread and how that is tracking to get the likes of Cleary, Hynes, Haas etc in come rd20/21. Currently sitting at 13.16m, only really have Tuilagi, Armstrong and hopefully Koula with decent cash to make.

    Was thinking of skipping Hands since I got Tuilagi last week and low on trades but still feel I will need another cow for money making so maybe best just to take an obvious one while available rather than get to rd19 and try and find one when I can't afford the post-origin guns.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10167
    Reputation : 7681
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:09 pm

    Tago an interesting option now that his price has slipped below 500k

    Priced at 36 with career average of 44 at centre. Averaged 49 last year and nearly touched 700k

    Tough sell with guys like Strange/Iro looking like keepers, Wighton being a possible keeper for 100k less with much better byes.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12331
    Reputation : 8813
    Join date : 2019-07-07
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by robelgordo Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:10 pm

    I just realised I need at CTR this week, Tago might be on the menu.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10167
    Reputation : 7681
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:11 pm

    BCT05 wrote:I think it was Camo that posted about squad value in the last thread and how that is tracking to get the likes of Cleary, Hynes, Haas etc in come rd20/21. Currently sitting at 13.16m, only really have Tuilagi, Armstrong and hopefully Koula with decent cash to make.

    Was thinking of skipping Hands since I got Tuilagi last week and low on trades but still feel I will need another cow for money making so maybe best just to take an obvious one while available rather than get to rd19 and try and find one when I can't afford the post-origin guns.

    This is why I ended up with Hands over Moses this week.

    He looks set to make 200k+ and do it pretty fast. With most of us having some questionable options hanging around and not a lot of cash gen that could be the difference between Fifita and Fermor in final teams
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10167
    Reputation : 7681
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:13 pm

    robelgordo wrote:Whether he does or doesn’t, someone explain to me Manu being different. Or Garrick for that matter. Provably quite a few others too. Its all guesswork but I’m just working off the precedent

    DPP updates seem to be based off what fantasy players want

    One year Cam Smith got half DPP after playing 2-3 games there.

    I expect Talagi to get it purely because he is fantasy relevant
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 6749
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by WT Winfield Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:24 pm

    BCT05 wrote:I think it was Camo that posted about squad value in the last thread and how that is tracking to get the likes of Cleary, Hynes, Haas etc in come rd20/21. Currently sitting at 13.16m, only really have Tuilagi, Armstrong and hopefully Koula with decent cash to make.

    Was thinking of skipping Hands since I got Tuilagi last week and low on trades but still feel I will need another cow for money making so maybe best just to take an obvious one while available rather than get to rd19 and try and find one when I can't afford the post-origin guns.

    I think I have to miss Hands due to byes not lining up with my squad. Annoyingly I could've gotten him last week if I'd known Madge was gonna be a dipshit with Teddy.

    Squad value just under 13.8m, so I should probably focus on cashouts that can help for the byes rather than worrying about cashgen. Maybe look at Simpkin Rd 16, but could cause issues Rd 17.

    Really sucks about Cole not counting for you mate.. not sure what went wrong. Mine took Plath at HLF, Atkinson WFB and SHughes at MID despite Shoes being at the bottom. Seemed to always work out for others, so I wasn't worried about my setup. Never had 13/14 for the byes before and probably won't again, but have to keep it in mind.

    *Edit

    Only thing I can think of is 2 WFBs being out just confused the hell out of it.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 2922
    Reputation : 3601
    Join date : 2018-01-15
    Age : 41
    Location : Dili, East Timor.

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by L-Jimmy Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:34 pm

    I'd get Tago is I wasn't getting Wighton.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13934
    Reputation : 9136
    Join date : 2015-09-29

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:37 pm

    robelgordo wrote:Whether he does or doesn’t, someone explain to me Manu being different. Or Garrick for that matter. Provably quite a few others too. Its all guesswork but I’m just working off the precedent

    Garrick was a WFB for almost all of last season who was named at centre in the first game of this one, so absolutely clear-cut DPP there.

    Manu actually played more games (6) at 5/8 last year than fullback, so technically probably should have got that DPP instead of the WFB one.

    In short, it's about vibes.


    Last edited by rhinoceroo on Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

    Posts : 5072
    Reputation : 2192
    Join date : 2020-03-18

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by BCT05 Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:38 pm

    WT Winfield wrote:

    I think I have to miss Hands due to byes not lining up with my squad. Annoyingly I could've gotten him last week if I'd known Madge was gonna be a dipshit with Teddy.

    Squad value just under 13.8m, so I should probably focus on cashouts that can help for the byes rather than worrying about cashgen. Maybe look at Simpkin Rd 16, but could cause issues Rd 17.

    Really sucks about Cole not counting for you mate.. not sure what went wrong. Mine took Plath at HLF, Atkinson WFB and SHughes at MID despite Shoes being at the bottom. Seemed to always work out for others, so I wasn't worried about my setup. Never had 13/14 for the byes before and probably won't again, but have to keep it in mind.

    *Edit

    Only thing I can think of is 2 WFBs being out just confused the hell out of it.

    13.8m is tracking very nicely. Into the top 100 I see cheer

    Yep Simpkin is probably a no go for me as planning to get Fifita which will give me 4 players out rd17 already (Fifita, Wighton, Garrick, Koula)

    Oh hmm that is kind of similar, yeah maybe the two red dot WFBs. I might fire a message in to see what they say for future reference.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 6749
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by WT Winfield Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:46 pm

    BCT05 wrote:

    13.8m is tracking very nicely. Into the top 100 I see cheer

    Yep Simpkin is probably a no go for me as planning to get Fifita which will give me 4 players out rd17 already (Fifita, Wighton, Garrick, Koula)

    Oh hmm that is kind of similar, yeah maybe the two red dot WFBs. I might fire a message in to see what they say for future reference.

    Thanks mate cheer You definitely deserve some credit for how I'm going, among a couple of others, but don't wanna start listing them and leaving someone out. You're one of the most genuine and on-point with potential targets and general advice, so sucks even more to see you getting screwed over. Maybe one of the WFBs being captain too played a part. Real headscratcher and hope it gets rightfully sorted.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12666
    Reputation : 9225
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Camo123 Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:46 pm

    BCT05 wrote:I think it was Camo that posted about squad value in the last thread and how that is tracking to get the likes of Cleary, Hynes, Haas etc in come rd20/21. Currently sitting at 13.16m, only really have Tuilagi, Armstrong and hopefully Koula with decent cash to make.

    Was thinking of skipping Hands since I got Tuilagi last week and low on trades but still feel I will need another cow for money making so maybe best just to take an obvious one while available rather than get to rd19 and try and find one when I can't afford the post-origin guns.
    I had bought Hands as a cashout last week given my limited trades of 16 [including the +8] and not intending to trade him back out but if he gains 200k quickly it might be the answer to my problems 

    I should be able to add on 500k in rises between Hands, Weekes, Armstrong, Fainu, Wishart by end of byes

    Honestly post Origin I’m going to be heavily tempted by someone like Cheese as 18th/19th man in the 300s with guaranteed job security. Even someone like Royce Hunt is base price now and should at least get you a few points when you have no one left in R27
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

    Posts : 1497
    Reputation : 1155
    Join date : 2020-06-01
    Location : 3 Highview Crescent, Coollaroo

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by FaringdonSwirl Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:03 pm

    Khany wrote:I'll bet my left nut Talagi gets dpp

    I hope you have the inside word, because I feel like this is far from a sure thing  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 1f605
    sajjos
    sajjos

    Posts : 2140
    Reputation : 1966
    Join date : 2017-02-09
    Location : mum's basement

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by sajjos Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:21 pm

    Plot twist: his left nut is already missing
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18936
    Reputation : 6533
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:31 pm

    BBowler wrote:

    He’s had quite a few FB games since the last update?
    Yeah but covering for an injured Gutherson. Isn’t it quite clear that players don’t get DPP for injury cover
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

    Posts : 18936
    Reputation : 6533
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:32 pm

    robelgordo wrote:

    Not sure if serious…
    I’m just joking bro
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

    Posts : 7067
    Reputation : 7289
    Join date : 2018-03-01
    Location : Parents basement eating Cheetos

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Aardvark Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:36 pm

    sajjos wrote:Plot twist: his left nut is already missing

    I've heard he still has it but has used it as security to get a home loan
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 6147
    Reputation : 2183
    Join date : 2019-02-23

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by Khany Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:39 pm

    Tommy Raudonikis & Tom Dearden survived
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4457
    Reputation : 5477
    Join date : 2020-01-26
    Location : The Kingdom of the Lord of the Byes

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by easytiger Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:01 pm

    WT Winfield wrote:

    Thanks mate cheer You definitely deserve some credit for how I'm going, among a couple of others, but don't wanna start listing them and leaving someone out. You're one of the most genuine and on-point with potential targets and general advice, so sucks even more to see you getting screwed over. Maybe one of the WFBs being captain too played a part. Real headscratcher and hope it gets rightfully sorted.

    So true! - BCT is all class
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 2922
    Reputation : 3601
    Join date : 2018-01-15
    Age : 41
    Location : Dili, East Timor.

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by L-Jimmy Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:05 pm

    I've heard that 'Crushers' wasn't a metaphor
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12331
    Reputation : 8813
    Join date : 2019-07-07
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 47 - Origin time

    Post by robelgordo Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:05 pm

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah but covering for an injured Gutherson. Isn’t it quite clear that players don’t get DPP for injury cover

    I don’t think anything is clear, it’s all vibes like Rhino said. Otherwise Manu would never be anything but CTR

    On reflection, I think it’s all timing. if it’s updated at R12 and Gutho still injured, he probably gets it. Now it’s R14 and Gutho is back he probably doesn’t get it.

    In NSW Cup he’s been playing FB or FE, but clearly reality matters least. Not viby enough.

    The funniest was the time that Cowboys reserve grader got MID/WFB based on a trial game

      Current date/time is Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:44 am