NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:18 am

I feel like the only time he had cut price keeper potential was week 1 and he is no longer cut price and his potential keeper status is very much in doubt
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late.

Post by Shady2K Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:19 am

my tv broke wrote:

these things always favour the guy who scored the most points last week.

cobbo vs tago and may vs staggs this week are some pretty interesting match ups. jock madden has filled in reasonably well in the past but this could be tough for the broncos right edge if they aren't in sync.

Was looking at Ted originally but with JC on the radar soon, may as well get a DPP CTR otherwise would have too many wfb starters

Taylan does play R13 but probably too early to think about that
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:26 am

Ando wrote:

EDG: Wong
    CTR: Cotric (DNP)
    #14: Brbo
    #18: Levi
    #19: Strange

With this set up Brbo would go into CTR and Levi into 17.

That is some serious looping shite going.
    Means you have to stay up-to-date with every game or you'll miss the lockout.
    Me, I'm too busy being taxi-dad to my kids to watch every game in real time.
    Cheers

However after the Raiders game and Strange outscoring Levi I swapped Brbo and Wong. This then meant Strange was the only CTR on my bench and his score looped into Cotric's spot.

Very dirty indeed Wink

That's some serious looping gamesmanship right there.
    Means you'd need to watch every game, or keep an eye on scores, to ensure you don't miss any rolling lock-outs.
    Me, I'm too busy playing Taxi-dad for my kids to watch every game in real time and would no doubt balls it up.
    Cheers
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:32 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

That's some serious looping gamesmanship right there.
    Means you'd need to watch every game, or keep an eye on scores, to ensure you don't miss any rolling lock-outs.
    Me, I'm too busy playing Taxi-dad for my kids to watch every game in real time and would no doubt balls it up.
    Cheers

I've done that type of loop before, ideally your players lockouts would be spaced such that they play on different days (e.g. Friday night and Saturday night), so you have time to look at their scores before the next day, and also have time to see updates filter through.

Doesn't usually work out like that but sometimes it can.
    bigcal123

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 Empty Who to captain this week

Post by bigcal123 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:33 am

Hey new to the chat but I really needed an answer to this question. I'm currently rank 956 and I need answers for to to captain this week as I don't have Cleary. I normally captain Ha'as but due to his injury he might not play this week. I also have Moses but he has had two bad weeks in a row. At this rate I might need to captain Lussick as he is a certain 60+ point player

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 Screen10

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:39 am

I was thinking of getting Galvin & Curran, but that seems a bit boring
    Will probably go Galvin & Turbo instead (Luki & Wong out) which is a bit more fun
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:41 am

bigcal123 wrote:Hey new to the chat but I really needed an answer to this question. I'm currently rank 956 and I need answers for to to captain this week as I don't have Cleary. I normally captain Ha'as but due to his injury he might not play this week. I also have Moses but he has had two bad weeks in a row. At this rate I might need to captain Lussick as he is a certain 60+ point player

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 Screen10

Moses or Grant I guess and hope for the best? but im ranked 30k so dont listen to me
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:44 am

Just on Salmon...if he maintains the minutes and keeps scoring around 30 and you hold for 3 more weeks he will have made nearly $100k.

Yeah, he didn't turn out to be the 40+ point player everyone hoped for but I am in no panic to punt him atm. Stash him away in your 18-21 and if a clear cash making upgrade pops up or you desperately need the $$ then trade away but I'm sure everyone has bigger fires to douse.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:47 am

bigcal123 wrote:Hey new to the chat but I really needed an answer to this question. I'm currently rank 956 and I need answers for to to captain this week as I don't have Cleary. I normally captain Ha'as but due to his injury he might not play this week. I also have Moses but he has had two bad weeks in a row. At this rate I might need to captain Lussick as he is a certain 60+ point player

Welcome
    Great rank.
    Looking at your team, it all depends on your willingness to take a risk.
    T.May (Bodyslam) seems to be getting pretty good minutes and as a Middle is good base stats.
    Grant is due a decent score and big minute Hooker. Storm without Munster / Hughes will likely mean Grant takes more ownership of the play this week.
    If you feel like taking a risk > Pappy (again with the Storm missing their starting halves is likely to be doing more attacking.

What do I know though, I'm ranked 20000+
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 am

Aardvark wrote:Just on Salmon...if he maintains the minutes and keeps scoring around 30 and you hold for 3 more weeks he will have made nearly $100k.

Yeah, he didn't turn out to be the 40+ point player everyone hoped for but I am in no panic to punt him atm. Stash him away in your 18-21 and if a clear cash making upgrade pops up or you desperately need the $$ then trade away but I'm sure everyone has bigger fires to douse.

Stash? must be nice to have a super team. Ill be confidently playing him as 16th man over Toops and Hutch Very Happy

Lussick Chan Salmon Kris
    Toops Hutch Hughes Levi
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:54 am

Welcome

an injured Haas still outscores most players
    but put the VC on Grant or Moses
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:56 am

First week so far this year I am not stressing about what trade to make.

Sitili/Lussick
    Wong/Tyrrel May

I am happy I made the Moses/Taylan trade last week so I have the funds to do this and still have 70k left towards getting the rest of the trash out of my team, plus don't have to stress about having a hooker for Grants bye.

Jumping off here the rest of the week so I don't second guess myself  NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 16 - Tommy Talau has arrived... A year too late. - Page 49 1f605
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:57 am

Aardvark wrote:
    I’m going for points over cash this week (or at least a bit of both). The Galvinator can come in next week.

Me too.
    bigcal123

Post by bigcal123 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:58 am

Chewie wrote:

Welcome

Good point but my main concern is if he plays and gets injured mid game/very little minutes I get stuck with a low captaincy score hence I'm leaning towards a Grant or Papi captain. Let me Know your thoughts
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:59 am

Chewie wrote:

Welcome

I'd have some reservations about putting it on Haas this week tbh, sounds likely he wont be too affected by the injury niggle but personally wouldn't take the chance. I'd be going Grant in your shoes bigcal, two down games does not mark a new norm - he's a ~60avg player.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:02 am

Chewie wrote:

Welcome

No point locking out Grant or Moses if Haas is cappo as they play first. If Haas is captain, VC Piakura.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:03 am

bigcal123 wrote:

Good point but my main concern is if he plays and gets injured mid game/very little minutes I get stuck with a low captaincy score hence I'm leaning towards a Grant or Papi captain. Let me Know your thoughts

Fair enough, Grant probably the best option then
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:05 am

Reklaw wrote:

Stash? must be nice to have a super team. Ill be confidently playing him as 16th man over Toops and Hutch Very Happy

Lussick Chan Salmon Kris
    Toops Hutch Hughes Levi

Yeah, I am not going to play Salmon over Sitili....he's scored pretty poorly so far this season but at least there is a clear history of attacking upside in his position.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 am

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah, I am not going to play Salmon over Sitili....he's scored pretty poorly so far this season but at least there is a clear history of attacking upside in his position.

same. ill probs play both, hence my point
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 am

wolfking wrote:

No point locking out Grant or Moses if Haas is cappo as they play first.  If Haas is captain, VC Piakura.

This applies to people putting the C on Cleary too

For those that only have a of Haas/Cleary - someone like Piakura should be your VC given they lock out at the same time

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:28 pm