NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:57 pm

robelgordo wrote:I just checked I'm currently ranked 96,139th with 6/226. I know it's a low-ish score, but still kinda shocked there's that many active teams. Or active enough to have picked a better TLT1 R1 side than me!

Never underestimate how many teams there are with a million Broncos in them

You will almost always have a comparatively lower round rank if the Broncos play one of the first couple of games
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

I thought the person downvoting the banana gifs was whoever said they didnt like bananas

That was me lol. But I don't downvote.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

I think they will get into trouble if trying to claim a prize.

Reminds me of the bloke who was arrested for attempted poaching of endangered mollusks.

Serves him right for trying to prise a clam.

Last edited by L-Jimmy on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

Currently still on track to hit 800+ even with Piakura's doughnut, but there still is plenty of gametime for things to go pearshaped (no offence to bananas intended)
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm

mattnz wrote:

Not trying to point fingers, but this post probably didn't help, if they were already contemplating leaving.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 5 Giphy

I'm good with my lot, very much not into justifying someone else's poor online cognition
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:Discussion Point; HIA's

These are becoming so prolific these days that just about every Fantasy team is affected in some way, every week. I understand that luck/bad luck is part of the game, but should the Fantasy scoring be altered to somehow mitigate the HIA curse ? Could there be some sort of compensatory move introduced? Any ideas?

Yes.

HIA's are also a bit different to other injuries, in that an independent doctor can conservatively rule someone out for their own safety - which is a good thing in reality but a shit hand to be dealt in fantasy.

Not really an issue in Rd 1 for someone highly owned like Piakura - but geez that would be a tough way to lose the comp in the final round.

Tough problem to solve though.
    I like the idea/strategy of selecting a HIA reserve and then getting a choice to activate (i.e. you wouldn't activate if your player got HIA'd in the 79th minutes of a game).
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:59 pm

wolfking wrote:

I'm not sure, if the email is legit and you can receive emails through it to claim things, I don't see why there'd be an issue.

I mean, you can buy more than one lottery ticket.

The key word there is "buy". Free teams without any checking in place would allow a great team to start the season and just continue with that one out of 100.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:00 pm

Chewie wrote:Currently still on track to hit 800+ even with Piakura's doughnut, but there still is plenty of gametime for things to go pearshaped (no offence to bananas intended)

As a rotund middle aged man......I'm deeply offended
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

Would hope that they track ip address for multiple team disqualification.

Would be amazed if the rules said that you can have multiple teams.

With the amount they consistently drop the ball and are incompetent with their own product, I think the chances of them doing this is slim.

Most 'WAG' teams are second teams for blokes anyway.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Never underestimate how many teams there are with a million Broncos in them

You will almost always have a comparatively lower round rank if the Broncos play one of the first couple of games

Yep, I think that is reflected in the % of teams with Walsh / Mam / Willison
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:03 pm

wolfking wrote:

With the amount they consistently drop the ball and are incompetent with their own product, I think the chances of them doing this is slim.

Most 'WAG' teams are second teams for blokes anyway.

I havent done a WAGs team, but in the past when I have, I have done it from a different browser.

Have always thought it would be a nightmare trying to get my wife up to speed quickly on all the players if they are interviewing her for the overall win.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:05 pm

mattnz wrote:

The key word there is "buy". Free teams without any checking in place would allow a great team to start the season and just continue with that one out of 100.

Pretty much. I'm not arguing that there's a moral issue here, but look at the autofill league, right there users here have a 'second' team. If their own team bombs and the autofill starts gaining momentum, of course it will become more of a focus if the chances of that team can challenge to do something.

Again, I'm not disagreeing, but it would be interesting to see if anyone that has won the thing have ever had a couple of teams on the go, just out of interest.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:06 pm

Mrs comes home and lays sprawled out on the couch eating a borderline over ripe banana. I kid u not !

I think she may be the ultimate lurker here !
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:07 pm

People with MattNZ blocked must still be on like the first or second page of Part 8
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:08 pm

mattnz wrote:

I havent done a WAGs team, but in the past when I have, I have done it from a different browser.

Have always thought it would be a nightmare trying to get my wife up to speed quickly on all the players if they are interviewing her for the overall win.

You're guilty too then lol.

While that second line is pretty funny, you have a point if a WAGs team won the thing, could make things awkward. I don't think they'd really care though, a winning team is a winning team.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:10 pm

wolfking wrote:

You're guilty too then lol.

While that second line is pretty funny, you have a point if a WAGs team won the thing, could make things awkward.  I don't think they'd really care though, a winning team is a winning team.

It is one entry for each eligible person. Different to creating 100 teams and taking the best 5 after R1 forward.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:11 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:People with MattNZ blocked must still be on like the first or second page of Part 8

I don't think the flow of the conversation would make much sense if people have me blocked. Maybe Gender Bender had me blocked, so didn't see the start of the conversation.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:13 pm

mattnz wrote:

It is one entry for each eligible person. Different to creating 100 teams and taking the best 5 after R1 forward.

Fair enough mate, I get your point there.

Still would be interesting to know if anyone out there does actively have more than say 2 teams on the go.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:14 pm

mattnz wrote:

Hahahaha them asking her to explain how she had a non-player in her starting side and managed to win
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:16 pm

Revraiser wrote:Mrs comes home and lays sprawled out on the couch eating a borderline over ripe banana. I kid u not !

I think she may be the ultimate lurker here !

Lol

Current date/time is Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:43 am