NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by lukeayee Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:19 pm

Are people actually sad enough to set up multiple fake emails to set up multiple accounts?

Yet comments about banana's and monkey's are what set the line.

Have to laugh.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:21 pm

Fantasy Fantasy registration is due to close on Thursday

If you want to be in it, entry details can be found over here:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2357-fantasy-fantasy-2024#746065

Cheers
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:24 pm

I'm going to have to get to teaching my 3 week old daughter how to talk nice and early, just in case her team wins.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

I did the 2 team thing for a couple of years. Both times my 2nd team started looking good but I got conflicted between the two. Both teams ended up shit Laughing

My wife has an actual team. Helping her does the same. Now, I normally help set it up, then she's on her own. Loves the footy. Finished 1500th odd last year and flogged me. lol.

The year I finished 108th, I had 1 team and it was far easier to focus. That's the go this year.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

that's a shame G.B. has bailed on us i enjoyed reading his posts & he contributed...however on any forum you have to be thick skinned & not take it so personally if you're criticized or mocked.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:33 pm

talking about multiple teams it's rife in fpl with 10.7m teams can you imagine...1 dude got busted & he had over 100 teams lol
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:40 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:People with MattNZ blocked must still be on like the first or second page of Part 8

I don't have him blocked but I've got someone else blocked and when everyone quotes his ramblings about glory glory and how he's going to have tears in his eyes if Souths win because of two knock ons it's hard to skip past them.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I don't have him blocked but I've got someone else blocked and when everyone quotes his ramblings about glory glory and how he's going to have tears in his eyes if Souths win because of two knock ons it's hard to skip past them.

Yep. I'm a Souths tragic, but that's puke worthy.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:

No bunny mate?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Technically you're not allowed two teams. One of the OTL guys missed out on the club prize a few years ago because they had one team for draft and one for H2H where he made specific decisions at the end. I think they were 11th and inside the top 50, and pretty much had the same name, so tough to get away with that. I suspect if it's a team in 11th, an autofill team ranked 2000th, and you had a bunch of other entries you gave up on early, they'd never check that closely.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:18 pm

White Lightning wrote:

why did he leave he was posting a lot i didn't notice any problem he seemed ok

Once again, huh?
    What offended Gender so much?

I've missed the last two threads (still trying to catch-up) but it seemed to be mostly chat about the games being played.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:26 pm

Rabbit wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

Yep. I'm a Souths tragic, but that's puke worthy.

Says a lot when you're my favourite Rabbits supporter.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:29 pm

Revraiser wrote:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 6 Giphy

I'm good with my lot, very much not into justifying someone else's poor online cognition

For mine the sad part is just leaving without offering an explanation, or put forward a different perspective to allow the other members of the community to adjust / apologise or even just ignore their perspective.

Last year when the entire Rainbow jersey stuff-up at Manly was going down, a number of people made jokes / comments that I found troubling.
    I took it upon myself to present a different point of view and found that pretty much everyone was cool with it. Even those who hold opposite beliefs to mine were accepting that I could have a different point of view.
    Like someone else said, as a white bloke, I have no clear understanding of how racist comments can affect people, but we should be able to present our views and let others know if we're feeling undercut etc. and then make peace.

Just my (admittedly limited) view.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:37 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I can't believe you'd disrespect wolfie like that! :O

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:40 pm

For those who haven't read the New York Post review of the NRL it's worth a read. You can get an Australian journalists perspective ad nauseum but we can only gain a real understanding of what we have as a sport and how it is perceived by the critique of the Americans.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:41 pm

filthridden wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

I can't believe you'd disrespect wolfie like that! :O

Qlder.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:43 pm

Hey guys - could someone please send through the link to see captaincy % for the round? I thought I rmbd it being on one of the sites but totally blanking atm.

Have gone Cleary with the Hynes injury risk and not having Haas!
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:00 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:For those who haven't read the New York Post review of the NRL it's worth a read. You can get an Australian journalists perspective ad nauseum but we can only gain a real understanding of what we have as a sport and how it is perceived by the critique of the Americans.

I'd take that review (I guess you meant this one?) with a fair shake of salt.

The NYPost is a Murdoch masthead, and Fox provides around 60% of NRL revenues.

The NRL should be viewed as a majority NewsCorp venture ever since integration - that's certainly the story that the money tells.

It would be odd if one arm of the business didn't try and boost another arm.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:02 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

I'd take that review (I guess you meant this one?) with a fair shake of salt.

The NYPost is a Murdoch masthead, and Fox provides around 60% of NRL revenues.

The NRL should be viewed as a majority NewsCorp venture ever since integration - that's certainly the story that the money tells.

It would be odd if one arm of the business didn't try and boost another arm.

I wasn't aware of that
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:04 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:For those who haven't read the New York Post review of the NRL it's worth a read. You can get an Australian journalists perspective ad nauseum but we can only gain a real understanding of what we have as a sport and how it is perceived by the critique of the Americans.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/03/sports/nrl-shows-rugbys-potential-in-america-with-vegas-doubleheader/

One thing I think they could have done better is differentiating themselves from rugby union, which does have a following in USA, but is a less similar game to NFL. League should be easier for them to relate to and the rules are far less technical to learn.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:40 pm