NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by filthridden Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:55 pm

filth's decidedly average start:

244/5

TTurbo - 55 - very happy with this and he looks like he could be back to his best
    BTurbo - I didn't pick him based on the fact he may not be there in round 2. Missed a good score but still might pan out for me if he's benched this round or next. Won't be jumping on.
    Piakura - at least most people also copped his zero Sad
    Wong - 44 - Happy with that and will hold
    Tupouniua - 22 - Not happy but will hold unless everything else works out (unlikely). Has always been rocks and diamonds scoring so hopefully he makes up for it and soon.
    Haas - 76. nuff said
    BSmith - 47 - He was cheap enough for a punt and looks like it's worked out. Hopefully he keeps that workrate up and maybe even more minutes would be nice.

Arthurs - dropped at the last minute for Bostock. Could still work out for me, right?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 4 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:03 pm

filthridden wrote:filth's decidedly average start:

244/5

TTurbo - 55 - very happy with this and he looks like he could be back to his best
    BTurbo - I didn't pick him based on the fact he may not be there in round 2. Missed a good score but still might pan out for me if he's benched this round or next. Won't be jumping on.
    Piakura - at least most people also copped his zero Sad
    Wong - 44 - Happy with that and will hold
    Tupouniua - 22 - Not happy but will hold unless everything else works out (unlikely). Has always been rocks and diamonds scoring so hopefully he makes up for it and soon.
    Haas - 76. nuff said
    BSmith - 47 - He was cheap enough for a punt and looks like it's worked out. Hopefully he keeps that workrate up and maybe even more minutes would be nice.

Arthurs - dropped at the last minute for Bostock. Could still work out for me, right?

Pretty sure it is 244/6 including a 0.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    mattnz wrote:

It was Gender Bender. Looks like they have found the exit.

why did he leave he was posting a lot i didn't notice any problem he seemed ok

When they first joined, there a million accusations that he was just an alt, and tbh, it wasn't a very warm welcome

But we seemed to have moved past that

Last post was

Disgusting.
    Pathetic.
    Cowards.

I assume in relation to the bananas, but I'm not sure what specifically the problem was.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:33 pm

Milchcow wrote:

When they first joined, there a million accusations that he was just an alt, and tbh, it wasn't a very warm welcome

But we seemed to have moved past that

Last post was

I assume in relation to the bananas, but I'm not sure what specifically the problem was.

I think it was conflating the banana posts with the racism claim (which tbh didn't occur to me until I read it back) to arrive at joking about racism.

I'm sure it wasn't never anyone's intention but it was there to be misinterpreted.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:34 pm

I don't like bananas either. Stupid stinky-grass fruit.

Come back @GenderBender - we also don't like racists!*

*at the 95% significance level, sadly.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:35 pm

Aardvark wrote:

I think it was conflating the banana posts with the racism claim (which tbh didn't occur to me until I read it back) to arrive at joking about racism.

I'm sure it wasn't never anyone's intention but it was there to be misinterpreted.

If they only saw the gifs, without context of the earlier conversation it could have been misinterpreted. Typically when there is an issue, people are confronted about it, not just leave without any discussion of what is concerning them.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:39 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Stop posting.

Get over yourself.

Stop being one eyed.

Never assume.

That's a start.

Not trying to point fingers, but this post probably didn't help, if they were already contemplating leaving.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:41 pm

Aardvark wrote:

It was definitely this, I mentioned it on p.51 or p.52 when I saw all the downvotes on every banana gif. Agree not an intention, but could easily be interpreted that way without context. Ideally could've been talked through, but that's easy for me as a white guy... I don't know their background and experiences.

Last edited by robelgordo on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:44 pm

robelgordo wrote:

It was definitely this, I mentioned it on p.51 or p.52 when I saw all the downvotes on every banana gif. Agree not an intention, but could easily be interpreted that way without context. Ideally could've been talked through, but that's easy for me as a white guy... I don't know his background and experiences.

I think even assuming "he" may be incorrect for a tall person with the username Gender Bender. Quite likely they/them.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:46 pm

I just checked I'm currently ranked 96,139th with 6/226. I know it's a low-ish score, but still kinda shocked there's that many active teams. Or active enough to have picked a better TLT1 R1 side than me!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:46 pm

mattnz wrote:

I think even assuming "he" may be incorrect for a tall person with the username Gender Bender. Quite likely they/them.

Fair, edited.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:49 pm

robelgordo wrote:I just checked I'm currently ranked 96,139th with 6/226. I know it's a low-ish score, but still kinda shocked there's that many active teams. Or active enough to have picked a better TLT1 R1 side than me!

You're disregarding teams made up with players from the same team. Some people make dozens of teams

Did you C? I Ced Haas. Loads of others would've
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:52 pm

robelgordo wrote:I just checked I'm currently ranked 96,139th with 6/226. I know it's a low-ish score, but still kinda shocked there's that many active teams. Or active enough to have picked a better TLT1 R1 side than me!

Only a quarter of the round completed, don't forget that. I'm ranked around 134000 if that makes you feel any better. Laughing

But, yes, I was shocked at the amount of teams made also, regardless it's only 2 games in.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:55 pm

Loomer wrote:

You're disregarding teams made up with players from the same team. Some people make dozens of teams

Did you C? I Ced Haas. Loads of others would've
    You're allowed to make more than one team?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:55 pm

robelgordo wrote:

It was definitely this, I mentioned it on p.51 or p.52 when I saw all the downvotes on every banana gif. Agree not an intention, but could easily be interpreted that way without context. Ideally could've been talked through, but that's easy for me as a white guy... I don't know their background and experiences.

Again, there was ZERO intent from me with the gifs, was all due to Matt's comment, then Matt got involved in on the fun so the party was on.

Looking back, I did post one gif with a monkey but that was totally unintentional.

Doesn't matter now and Gender has accused me already of being racist once before in the past but again, no intent.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:55 pm

Chewie wrote:

I think they will get into trouble if trying to claim a prize.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm

Chewie wrote:

If you register with a different email address you can make as many as you want to manage.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

Again, there was ZERO intent from me with the gifs, was all due to Matt's comment, then Matt got involved in on the fun so the party was on.  

Looking back, I did post one gif with a monkey but that was totally unintentional.  

Doesn't matter now and Gender has accused me already of being racist once before in the past but again, no intent.

I thought the person downvoting the banana gifs was whoever said they didnt like bananas
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

I think they will get into trouble if trying to claim a prize.

I'm not sure, if the email is legit and you can receive emails through it to claim things, I don't see why there'd be an issue.

I mean, you can buy more than one lottery ticket.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:57 pm

wolfking wrote:

If you register with a different email address you can make as many as you want to manage.

Would hope that they track ip address for multiple team disqualification.

Would be amazed if the rules said that you can have multiple teams.

Last edited by mattnz on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:55 pm