NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by Revraiser Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:51 am

robelgordo wrote:Anyone watching the Tests?

My 7yo was giving me regular updates on Sat night while watching it on my phone. I'll have to get him into fantasy in a couple of years. He also watch Fiji the weekend before when I told him Ravalawa was playing. Older kids not as interested.

Yeah,some of them if convenient. The feel of the Kangaroos and games being played seems gone though, idk what it is, I recall the anticipation of getting up at 4am to watch Aus v England or something when I was younger and it was other worldly. Maybe it was ET and Sparkles doing it for me ??
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 19 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82 - Baggie Time

Post by Revraiser Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:01 am

my tv broke wrote:

$1000 plus for two pairs sounds like they are stealing from you. Is that correct, are there not cheaper options?

My eyes are reasonably fkd (kerataconus/astigmatism/cant read phone in front of my through left eye) and im pretty sure last time i got two pairs at bailey nelson it was around 500 bucks.

I can concur with Rabbits, I'm 45yo and about -6.00 script, and require similar to what Rabbits explained, can't see distance, can't read close up with distance glasses, tried multi and bifocals, don't suit, headaches, or no script that suits.. here I sit with 2 or 3 glasses depending the mood haha. And if u want to have reasonable lenses that don't look an inch thick u need to pay for one of the 4 or 5 upgrades on lense thickness/thinning plus they try talking u into numerous other coats or improvements to the lenses u need. I got two pair a year or so back for about 900-1000. One was as a sunglass script. This was trying the bifocal in the daily glasses which didn't work out. Boring I know, but it's off season and coffee has since been perfected.
    Went to Oscar wylee and had a much better experience with the optometrist and extremely attractive sidekick, got what he called "office lenses" made up which I'd never heard put in a sentence before. Sounds like what Rabbits got. They are great. But this one pair, with lenses thinned was about 450. So Rabbits cost seems totally normal imo.
    The adverts where its two for 200 always sends me on a rant the Mrs really likes to hear about  NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 19 1f617
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:04 am

And on the health insurance aspect,not worth it Rabs, when Ur young and dont have much wrong with u, paying for glasses or the odd dentist visit, it's 100% not worth having insurance. Put that money towards high quality lemonade
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 am

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah,some of them if convenient. The feel of the Kangaroos and games being played seems gone though, idk what it is, I recall the anticipation of getting up at 4am to watch Aus v England or something when I was younger and it was other worldly. Maybe it was ET and Sparkles doing it for me ??

It's definitely gone.

It was better when England played in their winter/our summer so an offseason tour had all the games against clubs and stuff. But no way the Aus players (or their clubs) would agree to that even if it was possible now.

Similarly with NZ, it's added heaps to the NRL having loads of Kiwis in it but it takes away a lot of the mystique about Tests.

I almost get more intrigued by the lower quality games - happened to watch Fiji and Cook Islands and it was intense seeing if a Cook Island team of part-time players could hold off a Fiji team which was almost entirely professional. Similarly it fucking matters for PNG and I'll love to see them just ambush a overly casual Aus or NZ one day.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:51 am

TOP 50 FREE AGENTS FOR 2025: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/almost-200-nrl-contracts-come-to-an-end-today-here-s-our-top-50-players-on-the-market-20231023-p5eee1.html

Top 10
    10. Keary
    9. Best
    8. Angus
    7. ARey
    6. Cheese
    5. Tohu
    4. Dearden
    3. Mam
    2. Luai
    1. Manu

Can't imagine 10, 7, 6, 5, 1 go anywhere. 3 probably doesn't either, at least stays around Qld?

Some bottom half team is going to end up paying way too much for Bradman Best - probs Dragons or Tigers.

If the Drags can throw some cash at Tom Dearden that would be ideal.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:14 am

Tiff Genders
    @tiffgenders
    Follow
    #BREAKING: Sergeant David Power, the lead police officer involved in the Canberra arrests of NRL stars Jack Wighton and Latrell Mitchell has just admitted to giving false evidence in the court hearing.
    @9NewsSyd
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:17 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Can't imagine 10, 7, 6, 5, 1 go anywhere. 3 probably doesn't either, at least stays around Qld?

Some bottom half team is going to end up paying way too much for Bradman Best - probs Dragons or Tigers.

If the Drags can throw some cash at Tom Dearden that would be ideal.

Tigers only pay overs for players retiring. Best still has good left in him
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:22 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Tiff Genders
    @tiffgenders
    Follow
    #BREAKING: Sergeant David Power, the lead police officer involved in the Canberra arrests of NRL stars Jack Wighton and Latrell Mitchell has just admitted to giving false evidence in the court hearing.
    @9NewsSyd

Defence: so, on a scale of 1 to Curtis Scott, just how much has the police force abused its power here?

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Rabbits21 wrote:
    Tiff Genders
    @tiffgenders
    Follow
    @9NewsSyd

Defence: so, on a scale of 1 to Curtis Scott, just how much has the police force abused its power here?

A little more than 0. Cop said he approached aggressively with clenched fists in a packed club, the video didn't show Wighton's fists clenched. Technically false evidence, he stands by that's what he thought he saw, there were probably half a dozen blokes shaping up. As for Wahtrell other than an insta whore yelling police brutality there was no evidence of abuse of power or false evidence.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:
    Revraiser wrote:

It's definitely gone.

It was better when England played in their winter/our summer so an offseason tour had all the games against clubs and stuff. But no way the Aus players (or their clubs) would agree to that even if it was possible now.

Similarly with NZ, it's added heaps to the NRL having loads of Kiwis in it but it takes away a lot of the mystique about Tests.

I almost get more intrigued by the lower quality games - happened to watch Fiji and Cook Islands and it was intense seeing if a Cook Island team of part-time players could hold off a Fiji team which was almost entirely professional. Similarly it fucking matters for PNG and I'll love to see them just ambush a overly casual Aus or NZ one day.

Agree lads. Unfortunately it's not doing it for me either this year.

Fond memories of staying up late to watch the Tests against France and England in the late 80's/90's. They were something else!

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:29 pm

You kents know there is a Optometrist lurking in here right.

I hear he charges for advice but as he is a massive kent.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:32 pm

standard-issue wrote:Wow, I also lost my boy Tuesday morning Finchy, and also stomach cancer.  Sprinkles was just shy of 15 and over the last couple of weeks I was at the point where I was seriously considering having him put to sleep at home.  I had a critical audit to prepare for Monday, so put the decision on the back burner and it was almost like he held on for me to get through the audit, as I found him first thing Tuesday morning.  

When I got home Monday night he was sleeping in a spot he had never slept in before-outside my Youngest girls closed door so it felt like he knew.  She is 23 now so hasn't lived here for years but there he was; She was always his favourite.

I laid him to rest Tuesday arvo under his favourite tree.  I know cats are good at hiding their pain, but he only ever seemed uncomfortable, not overly distressed, which is probably why I left the decision so long.

Sorry to yourself and everyone else who has lost their little mates recently.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 82  - Baggie Time - Page 19 49864010

Finch wrote:

Heh, something else connecting you and I. Fucking cancer.

Really sorry to hear about Sprinkles, I know EXACTLY how you felt no doubt, such a crappy feeling eh. I'm glad you got to spend a few more moments with Sprinkles, and now he will be there in the yard with you whenever you go outside Smile

easytiger wrote:

Sorry for the late reply;
    I went through the same thing with my cat after her passing. She was black, so I'd constantly catch black objects out of the corner of my eye and think it was her.
    That side of things gets better with time.

I'll save people reading about it that don't want to;
    Sadness:

Your guy looks like he was a real character.
    I hope you have found some peace and are coming to terms with things.

Sorry to hear fellas. We lost our Bundy this year too. 14 and a half years is pretty good for a labrador but making the decision is so freaking hard. We buried him on the family farm, I was surprised the entire extended family turned out. They do some crazy wonderful things to our emotions our pets.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:35 pm

Finch wrote:

Surprised to see Cowboys ranked so highly

Finger
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:43 pm

B/L wrote:You kents know there is a Optometrist lurking in here right.

Almost as massive as you Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:26 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:So I had my eyes tested today I was close to a year overdue. My up close reading is worse even though I’m short sided and can’t see things in the distance. So when on my iPhone or iPad or at work on self serve I need to wear reading glasses but distance will be blurry, when at work not on self serve and when supervising I wear my distance ones. It’s gonna be a bit annoying but it is what it is……. I just have to make sure you nobody at work steals them it cost me $1119 for the two pairs the health fund only covered $236 I was out of pocket $883. Due to my reading up close being worse it’s made my long distance worse as well one step left eye and two steps worse in right eye. Anyway I need 2 new frames one for each and 2 lots of lenses. I needed another test today too on my eyes coveted by Medicare and another where I was $60 out of pocket so $943 all up out of pocket.

My general eye health is pretty good for someone who is -9.50 right eye and -8.50 left eye. But when doing the 3rd test today they can see my veins at back of right eye are quite an amount thinner than they should be. The optometrist wants me to go my GP and check my heart rate and blood pressure plus general blood test she thinks that could be why the blood isn’t flowing through the veins properly and why they’re narrowed at back of right eye.

When I pick my glasses up I need another test as well. So yearly now when I get my eye test I need 3 other tests as well as the eye test just to be cautious.

Anyway good to get it looked at as with up close reading lately my long distance glasses haven’t been what I need for that and I’ve been dizzy and getting headaches

From everything you have described, it sounds like your optometrist is doing a pretty good job and looking out for you. It's true, that's a hell of a prescription, something I've already noted on your forum selfies. Even the thinnest lenses in that prescription have their challenges. We use ZEISS lenses which are thinner, flatter, lighter, 3x optical zone and 100% UV. Those prices are in the ball park. Indeed multifocals might be an option, but really you just need to trust your eye care professional.

Your eye care professional is probably wanting to do more tests because high myopes (really short-sighted people) have a higher risk of retinal detachment, glaucoma, macula degeneration and cataracts. So it is good that they want to follow up on you. This advice is obviously general in nature, I don't know your specific circumstances.

Public service announcement. Myopia is predicted to be an epidemic affecting 50% of the world's population by 2050. Should I care? The cost of treatment of macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal detachment and cataracts eventually falls to everyone, governments, etc. But, yeah short-sightedness, can't do anything about that right?
    https://www.myopiaprofile.com/

Yeah, we're treating it now, before it gets worse, the sooner the better. Parents, gets your kids eyes tested, especially if you're myopic. Or even if you're not.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:12 am

Mulvy wrote:

From everything you have described, it sounds like your optometrist is doing a pretty good job and looking out for you. It's true, that's a hell of a prescription, something I've already noted on your forum selfies. Even the thinnest lenses in that prescription have their challenges. We use ZEISS lenses which are thinner, flatter, lighter, 3x optical zone and 100% UV. Those prices are in the ball park. Indeed multifocals might be an option, but really you just need to trust your eye care professional.

Your eye care professional is probably wanting to do more tests because high myopes (really short-sighted people) have a higher risk of retinal detachment, glaucoma, macula degeneration and cataracts. So it is good that they want to follow up on you. This advice is obviously general in nature, I don't know your specific circumstances.

Public service announcement. Myopia is predicted to be an epidemic affecting 50% of the world's population by 2050. Should I care? The cost of treatment of macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal detachment and cataracts eventually falls to everyone, governments, etc. But, yeah short-sightedness, can't do anything about that right?
    https://www.myopiaprofile.com/

Yeah, we're treating it now, before it gets worse, the sooner the better. Parents, gets your kids eyes tested, especially if you're myopic. Or even if you're not.

Eh, I can't be bothered putting that much effort into the kids.

But then, I am very.... short-sighted.

Spoiler:
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:22 am

Mulvy wrote:
    Finch wrote:

Surprised to see Cowboys ranked so highly

Finger

Kinda like someone else who shall remain nameless
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:34 am

Tiff Genders
    @tiffgenders
    ·
    2h
    #BREAKING: Charges against NRL stars Latrell #Mitchell and Jack #Wighton have been sensationally dropped after a veteran cop admitted to making a false police report and lying under oath about the footballer’s arrests in Canberra.
    @9NewsSyd
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:17 pm

B/L wrote:You kents know there is a Optometrist lurking in here right.

I hear he's a QLD & Broncos supporter so only does 1 eye on each head.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:44 am

Rabbits21 wrote:

Tiff Genders
    @tiffgenders
    ·
    2h
    #BREAKING: Charges against NRL stars Latrell #Mitchell and Jack #Wighton have been sensationally dropped after a veteran cop admitted to making a false police report and lying under oath about the footballer’s arrests in Canberra.
    @9NewsSyd

The betoota really nailed it with their article on this

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:03 pm