NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:07 am

Syzy wrote:Did EButcher spend some time in the middle last week?
    49 tackles plus 5 misses is a very healthy workrate.

He makes those 5 tackles he scores 68 instead of 53.

Played EDG all game. Plenty of tackling to do.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:14 am

RFM is another one who should have but didn't get DPP.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:19 am

rhinoceroo wrote:RFM is another one who should have but didn't get DPP.

Out of everyone he was the most deserving
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:23 am

Who was it that posted that nice matrix of points conceded by clubs by position?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:07 am

SoylentGreen wrote:Who was it that posted that nice matrix of points conceded by clubs by position?

I assume this is what you're looking for

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2159p520-nrl-fantasy-2023-part-28-eels-in-crisis-no-minutes-for-gun-cheapies#682160
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:21 am

Evening peoples. Just away up the coast this week and trying to piece something together in spare seconds before kick off tomorrow (due back home on or after 7:30pm). Just curious if anyone is holding Hopgood, or is he basically a must to move on? Minutes weren't terrible, but we're assuming he hovers around that 40 point mark from here on in, thus not being worth the price tag, and money better spent elsewhere?

And if I'm parting with Brailey/Hopgood for Hynes, is there a "sure-fire" cash generator, or are they all a bit sketchy? Names like Sele, Couchman or Soni Luke? Not much interest in Ray Stone? Are they all more or less similar in appeal? At a glance I'm not sure who I'd go with, but maybe Couchman for the lowest BE? Though I wouldn't mind a back up hooker (will only have Boyd after Brailey goes) if Luke keeps getting a decent crack at it. Is he as good a pick as the other guys?

Apologies, just feel so out of the loop this week but it's quite possibly a pretty big week to make a good call. I'd love to get rid of Alamoti, Sloan and Warbrick but as I'm 100% sure I'll pick the wrong one I'm thinking of giving them all another week and then pick whoever is most terrible this weekend (all three?)

Any hints or tips highly appreciated.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:24 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Evening peoples. Just away up the coast this week and trying to piece something together in spare seconds before kick off tomorrow (due back home on or after 7:30pm). Just curious if anyone is holding Hopgood, or is he basically a must to move on? Minutes weren't terrible, but we're assuming he hovers around that 40 point mark from here on in, thus not being worth the price tag, and money better spent elsewhere?

And if I'm parting with Brailey/Hopgood for Hynes, is there a "sure-fire" cash generator, or are they all a bit sketchy? Names like Sele, Couchman or Soni Luke? Not much interest in Ray Stone? Are they all more or less similar in appeal? At a glance I'm not sure who I'd go with, but maybe Couchman for the lowest BE? Though I wouldn't mind a back up hooker (will only have Boyd after Brailey goes) if Luke keeps getting a decent crack at it. Is he as good a pick as the other guys?

Apologies, just feel so out of the loop this week but it's quite possibly a pretty big week to make a good call. I'd love to get rid of Alamoti, Sloan and Warbrick but as I'm 100% sure I'll pick the wrong one I'm thinking of giving them all another week and then pick whoever is most terrible this weekend (all three?)

Soni Luke seems the highest upside of the bunch, that Penrith team is rolling everything in front of them at the moment and Soni is so dynamic in attack.
    Cool Runnings
    Cool Runnings

Post by Cool Runnings Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:22 am

Teeth Eater wrote:Evening peoples. Just away up the coast this week and trying to piece something together in spare seconds before kick off tomorrow (due back home on or after 7:30pm). Just curious if anyone is holding Hopgood, or is he basically a must to move on? Minutes weren't terrible, but we're assuming he hovers around that 40 point mark from here on in, thus not being worth the price tag, and money better spent elsewhere?

I’m selling for possibly Couchman and also playing him because I need a MID and don’t want McInnes. Keeping Sloan and trading Warbrick.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:20 am

robelgordo wrote:Ok think I’ve decided on trades

Kenny -> Cheese (need HOK and MID cover, sorted)
    Hopgood -> Bird
    Perham -> Teddy*

*could do Warbrick -> Teddy but think Warbrick more likely to hit a BE, plus can loop with Alamoti.

199k ITB so can hopefully make a few more upgrades in coming weeks. Although cash gen is definitely below average.

Just keep an eye on Warbrick...Papy is not far away and his JS could be affected.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:32 am

Is there any point to looping Warbrick to hold off on a Walsh trade using Thompson

Can’t even loop before Teddy plays which would be more useful whereas Walsh is going up in price

Edit: I can’t even do it as have both Dolphins HLFs in EMG who also lockout first game

Edit2: turns out you can loop using Alamoti as only CTR on bench to loop Loiero and IKatoa

Last edited by Camo123 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:49 am

The community team trade poll is tied as of time of posting

Can some of you who haven't voted go and break the tie so I can make the trades and put the captaincy poll up

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2168-r7-trade-poll-v2
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:55 am

Current trades are
    Warbrick - dunster
    Hopgood - McInnes
    Hymel - cleary

Gives me
    Grant
    Haas mcinnes ford
    Katoa hosking
    Hynes cleary
    Alamoti lemuelu
    Teddy Walsh cnk

Sj loiero Preston Boyd

Akp katoa bmm dunster
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:56 am

Tossing up between these three options. Would love some advice.

1. Trindall/Brailey/BMM  ---> Teddy/B.Smith/Weekes
    2. Trindall/Brailey/Warbrick  ---> Teddy/B.Smith/Couchman
    3. Trindall/Brailey/Alamoti  --> Teddy/Bird/Weekes

Essentially, its which of BMM, Alamoti and Warbrick am I giving the boot to; and which two of Bird, B.Smith, Weekes and Couchman I bring in.
    Don't have the coin to go Teddy/Bird and Couchman.

I'm leaning towards options 1 and 2.
    Weekes will be good to bring in around Origin, especially with the injury concerns surrounding Turbo and his likelihood to be managed around that time. Can't see him increasing too much over the next few weeks (Weekes?), even with the low BE.

Cheese looks to have bottomed out, so good time to bring him in - No PTSD from me as I never started with him. He gives me some much needed Hooker and Mid cover.

Bird I see as a CTR keeper and a must over Origin. Will bring him in pre Rd 13, hopefully around the $650ish price.

Couchman remains an unknown to me but the apparent increase in minutes and the low BE mean if I want him, I prob need to bring him in now to maximise cash gen.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:57 am

Milchcow wrote:
    The community team trade poll is tied as of time of posting

Can some of you who haven't voted go and break the tie so I can make the trades and put the captaincy poll up

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2168-r7-trade-poll-v2

There’s also a tie under option 1

A community divided
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:58 am

Antipodean1 wrote:

Just keep an eye on Warbrick...Papy is not far away and his JS could be affected.

Cheers, I’d kinda forgotten Warbrick was temporary
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:02 am

manlybeaver wrote:Current trades are
    Warbrick - dunster
    Hopgood - McInnes
    Hymel - cleary

Gives me
    Grant
    Haas mcinnes ford
    Katoa hosking
    Hynes cleary
    Alamoti lemuelu
    Teddy Walsh cnk

Sj loiero Preston Boyd

Akp katoa bmm dunster

The reverse Mbye, trading in someone after a -2
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:04 am

Camo123 wrote:

The reverse Mbye, trading in someone after a -2

Don't have the cash
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:11 am

manlybeaver wrote:

Don't have the cash

Could just go BSmith over McInnes so you actually trade someone in with a season average above 0
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:11 am

Haven't seen much of it but I think trying to run both Cleary and Hynes is a mistake. There aren't enough quality cows to round out the squad which will basically lock you into the squad you have now for the next 10 weeks with no cash gen and only sideways trades available

The exception to this is if you think both Cleary and Hynes are under priced

As things stand I think they are pretty close to appropriately priced (Hynes maybe a little over)

While you can only captain one of the two big hitters I think a combo of 2x 600k outscores Hynes/Cleary+Nuffie
    Fraser
    Fraser

Post by Fraser Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:12 am

Think 2 trades for me this week.
    Hopgood > Robson
    Warbrick > Couchman

Gives me:
    Cook
    Haas Matterson Ford
    Katoa EButcher
    Cleary SJ
    Lemuelu Alamoti
    Turbo Miller Sloan

Robson Hosking Carty Preston

IKatoa Couchman AKP HSS

I want Robson for the bye period but haven't seen many other teams with 2 gun hookers so will be interesting to see how that plays out over the coming weeks.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:50 pm