NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:14 am

Max trading again this week

Hopgood, TMM, Kenny > McInnes, Sele, JMK

Averaging slightly over 1x sub 20 injury score per week so far this season so hoping that improves
    Fraser
    Fraser

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by Fraser Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:15 am

I'm giving Turbo and Sloan a week, if they flop again fair chance they become Teddy next week. Looking more and more likely that HSS is going to stick around until a good base price cow emerges.

Last edited by Fraser on Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:20 am

Fraser wrote:I'm giving Turbo and Sloan a week, if they flop again fair chance they become Teddy next week. Looking more and more likely like HSS is going to stick around until a good base price cow emerges.

I`m using a bit of cash to go from him (HSS) to Couchman this week.

Feels good getting that dead spot out of my team
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:21 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Haven't seen much of it but I think trying to run both Cleary and Hynes is a mistake. There aren't enough quality cows to round out the squad which will basically lock you into the squad you have now for the next 10 weeks with no cash gen and only sideways trades available

The exception to this is if you think both Cleary and Hynes are under priced

As things stand I think they are pretty close to appropriately priced (Hynes maybe a little over)

While you can only captain one of the two big hitters I think a combo of 2x 600k outscores Hynes/Cleary+Nuffie

Yep agree in general. Some teams might be able to make it work ok but for the vast majority I think it's spreading very thin
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:29 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Haven't seen much of it but I think trying to run both Cleary and Hynes is a mistake. There aren't enough quality cows to round out the squad which will basically lock you into the squad you have now for the next 10 weeks with no cash gen and only sideways trades available

The exception to this is if you think both Cleary and Hynes are under priced

As things stand I think they are pretty close to appropriately priced (Hynes maybe a little over)

While you can only captain one of the two big hitters I think a combo of 2x 600k outscores Hynes/Cleary+Nuffie

Very good point. I would think the better move would be to trade Cleary to Hynes over Origin (if you really want Hynes) and then try get Cleary back in post Origin once your team has generated a bit more cash.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:39 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yep agree in general. Some teams might be able to make it work ok but for the vast majority I think it's spreading very thin
    I agree, not every team will be able to pull it off
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:41 am

Yet again out of trades wrote:Anyone else Wana jump on the TPJ train with Me so if he flops I'm not alone haha 😅

TPJ has well documented back issues.
    If people are worried about Turbo's "back spasms", then TPJ must be a hard avoid for mine.
    Better to go with the super-plodder himself (J.King).
    Tackle bot with guaranteed place in the starting 13.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:44 am

Very excited to go from Loiero to Tedesco next week.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:44 am

Big daddy Scotty wrote:Tmm to Soni
    Hopgood to Robson
    Thompson to Couchman

Thoughts?

Soni is making $, minutes seem to be increasing and the Panthers are more dangerous (if that's possible) when he's on the field.
    I started with Robson (yes riding the 40 / 70 split rounds is annoying) but he's a keeper at Hooker for mine.
    I'm getting Couchamn this week. Cashcow on a platter. The Dragons play a "large" forward pack (except for Bird-the-word) and those boys don't pump out massive minutes. Someone has to pick up the minutes in that pack.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:46 am

GreenSchist wrote:

Very good point. I would think the better move would be to trade Cleary to Hynes over Origin (if you really want Hynes) and then try get Cleary back in post Origin once your team has generated a bit more cash.

Was all set to use Hopgood to buy Hynes.
    But, my team balance needed an extra gun middle, so Murray comes in instead. (C)leary & Johnston are doing quite well in the halves ATM.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:52 am

GreenSchist wrote:Tossing up between these three options. Would love some advice.

1. Trindall/Brailey/BMM  ---> Teddy/B.Smith/Weekes
    2. Trindall/Brailey/Warbrick  ---> Teddy/B.Smith/Couchman
    3. Trindall/Brailey/Alamoti  --> Teddy/Bird/Weekes

Essentially, its which of BMM, Alamoti and Warbrick am I giving the boot to; and which two of Bird, B.Smith, Weekes and Couchman I bring in.
    Don't have the coin to go Teddy/Bird and Couchman.

I'm leaning towards options 1 and 2.
    Weekes will be good to bring in around Origin, especially with the injury concerns surrounding Turbo and his likelihood to be managed around that time. Can't see him increasing too much over the next few weeks (Weekes?), even with the low BE.

Cheese looks to have bottomed out, so good time to bring him in - No PTSD from me as I never started with him. He gives me some much needed Hooker and Mid cover.

Bird I see as a CTR keeper and a must over Origin. Will bring him in pre Rd 13, hopefully around the $650ish price.

Couchman remains an unknown to me but the apparent increase in minutes and the low BE mean if I want him, I prob need to bring him in now to maximise cash gen.

I think its too early to bring in Weekes. I agree Weekes will be handy over origin but he's more of a rd 13 cash out. You're better off getting someone like Couchman who is going to make money over the next month or so and then cashing out to Weekes.
    Unless Turbo gets injured then you can pull the trigger early.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:00 am

manlybeaver wrote:Current trades are
    Warbrick - dunster
    Hopgood - McInnes
    Hymel - cleary

Gives me
    Grant
    Haas mcinnes ford
    Katoa hosking
    Hynes cleary
    Alamoti lemuelu
    Teddy Walsh cnk

Sj loiero Preston Boyd

Akp katoa bmm dunster

Surely you can find a better trade in than Dunster who scored -2 last round?
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:01 am

Honey Badger wrote:

I think its too early to bring in Weekes. I agree Weekes will be handy over origin but he's more of a rd 13 cash out. You're better off getting someone like Couchman who is going to make money over the next month or so and then cashing out to Weekes.

Yea that's the way I am leaning too, plus Couchman is playable in Rd 13. Might even be able to go Couchman to Weekes pre Rd 14 to help fill out the roster spots.

Cheers for the feedback!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:02 am

Couchman buyers don't want to wait a week to see Royce Hunt's role? Seems like a potentially more secure 30-40 mid-cover scorer if he gets anything close to 40 minutes.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:06 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Was all set to use Hopgood to buy Hynes.
    But, my team balance needed an extra gun middle, so Murray comes in instead. (C)leary & Johnston are doing quite well in the halves ATM.

SJ and Cleary is how I'll be rocking through Origin. Will look to bring in either of the Eels halves as well. Only plan on bringing Hynes in for the run home.
    Murray is a good shout but think I prefer Haas over that period (assume you already have him). If you're overall, I would look at Matterson instead of Murray (but only cause Murray is a trade out for me Rd13).
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Couchman buyers don't want to wait a week to see Royce Hunt's role? Seems like a potentially more secure 30-40 mid-cover scorer if he gets anything close to 40 minutes.

There are a few potential-but-not-quite-there cows this week, I am just going to hold off on the extra trade and see what happens.

Any of them could be duds tbh.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Couchman buyers don't want to wait a week to see Royce Hunt's role? Seems like a potentially more secure 30-40 mid-cover scorer if he gets anything close to 40 minutes.

I was looking at Hunt but at 27 years old I think it's established what his roll is, and thats probably about 30-35 mins. I suspect Kaufusi comes on for equal or more minutes at prop off the bench.

Couchman is 19, a big lad and I feel just has the higher ceiling.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:13 am

I'm going from your mum to your dad and banking the extra cash.

That's my best fantasy joke for a Thursday. I'll let myself out.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:13 am

Honey Badger wrote:

I have Weekes, expect Turbo will always be named and a week to week chance of not suiting up last minute, with no details of how long he will be out for.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:17 am

mattnz wrote:

I have Weekes, expect Turbo will always be named and a week to week chance of not suiting up last minute, with no details of how long he will be out for.

Agree that Weekes is one to keep an eye on, just don't think there's any urgency to bring him in. He's not gonna make too much coin on from the bench.
    The second Turbo goes down, hes a must have.

No harm in having him now Matt, I think I just prefer the money generation that Couchman offers.

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:25 pm