NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by Camo123 Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:05 am

BCT05 wrote:

I like the moves and team looks good, it does make getting Tapine back a bit tricky. But still better than bringing in a cow that you're not really sure of just to leave some bank for it.

A lot can change in two weeks I guess so another obvious path to Tapine may open up as well.

Currently about 30k short of 2 trade Tapine with that option

Thinking Teddy is worth the opportunity cost of an extra trade to save that 30k by playing over Warbrick this week. Wish I could see Thompson score before Teddy but HSS is about as useful as a loop as he is as a player this year

Every chance Teddy goes 70+ and goes up in price this week
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:13 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:

If he averages 40 (39 score last week), he'll be a fair bit cheaper than 600k by round 13.
    Even if he is $600k, that means he's averaging mid 40's and losing >$100k in cash.  For $717k, should be able to get much better returns than that in the meantime.

EDIT: What BCT05 said

I am expecting this was a down week for scoring, looking for him to average 50 the next few weeks.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:17 am

Aardvark wrote:BMM is a putrid fantasy asset....worth blowing a trade to get his sorry arse off my bench? Probs for Sele/Couchy

That’s my move this week buddy, I’m going to sell a starting DPP 2rf for the dragons for one that’s more expensive and plays off the bench….. genius move right?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:19 am

Genderbender wrote:

That’s my move this week buddy, I’m going to sell a starting DPP 2rf for the dragons for one that’s more expensive and plays off the bench….. genius move right?

It's making me uneasy...feels wrong (but so are BMMs scores as a starting EDFG)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:21 am

Shady2K wrote:

If I get Couch then I can’t afford Bird, need to bring in maybe McInnes or Lemuelu

If I get Sele/Luke then I can get Bird. Thoughts mate?

scratch

Definitely get Cleary into your team this week, I think Lemuelu is a good shout instead of Bird
    I would have gone Lemuelu myself but would overload on Dolphin assets as I already have HTF, Knik & IKatoa
    Not a fan of Ham-salad myself, but Luke could be the "chosen one" to bring balance to your force team if you're determined to get Bird.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Luke becomes the main hooker in the Panther's side in the near future, especially with coach Cleary getting Kenny to spend minutes as a MID.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:22 am

Currently going Hopgood, Alamoti, HSS to Bird, CNK, Couchman

Leaves me with a backline of

HTF Bird

Miller Latrell CNK

STill feels like a bit of sideways trading.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:24 am

Aardvark wrote:

It's making me uneasy...feels wrong (but so are BMMs scores as a starting EDFG)

Doing the trade and seeing that log gone out of my team feels fantastic! And then I say out loud what I’m doing and feel like a muppet…. Still going to pull the trigger I think, I started the season with him. There’s been a bit of chatter about some turd that manages to hang around your team for the season and he’s mine, I’d rather offload him now while we get the extra trade and I’ve got no immediate fires otherwise he might never leave!
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:25 am

mattnz wrote:

I am expecting this was a down week for scoring, looking for him to average 50 the next few weeks.

Really? What minutes are you expecting?

Can't see him getting more than 45mins max
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:28 am

Trades for this week are looking like this. Think I’ll skip on the cheapies for another look and try and rebalance the team.

Hopgood > McInnes
    Brailey > Teddy
    Trindall > Bird

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tino, Welch
    Katoa, Preston
    Bird, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Perham

McInnes, Carty, Ford, Loiero
    Uto, Alamoti, Warbrick, Niko

Can use Uto for a look at either Warbrick/Loiero and then play Alamoti if not impressed. Hopefully this team starts to move me up the the rankings over the next few weeks
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:29 am

mattnz wrote:

Anyhow... How about that Matto?

Typically he plays around 60 minutes when starting at LOCK...

With Paulo back to fill space at MID (Grieg only played 20 minutes last week) -- Matto will be the one to lose minutes -- My point was Matto scores well - but I would not expect him to get close to 73 minutes every week in a LOCK/MID hybrid... I am pretty sure I will still trade out Hopgood as it is the most logical pathway to getting Hynes and a gun WFB but I still have lingering doubts, especially due to the bye schedule
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:32 am

Chewie wrote:

Definitely get Cleary into your team this week, I think Lemuelu is a good shout instead of Bird
    I would have gone Lemuelu myself but would overload on Dolphin assets as I already have HTF, Knik & IKatoa
    Not a fan of Ham-salad myself, but Luke could be the "chosen one" to bring balance to your force team if you're determined to get Bird.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Luke becomes the main hooker in the Panther's side in the near future, especially with coach Cleary getting Kenny to spend minutes as a MID.

Yeah Cleary is in. Working around that now is the question

So it’s Luke/Bird vs Couch/Lemuelu. I like the first, bit of a punt on Luke though
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:32 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Trades for this week are looking like this. Think I’ll skip on the cheapies for another look and try and rebalance the team.

Hopgood > McInnes
    Brailey > Teddy
    Trindall > Bird

Boyd
    Carrigan, Tino, Welch
    Katoa, Preston
    Bird, Lemmy
    Teddy, Miller, Perham

McInnes, Carty, Ford, Loiero
    Uto, Alamoti, Warbrick, Niko

Can use Uto for a look at either Warbrick/Loiero and then play Alamoti if not impressed. Hopefully this team starts to move me up the the rankings over the next few weeks

What`s your team Value?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:33 am

Currently on

1. Kenny -> Cheese (feels sideways)
    2. Hopgood -> Carty (?! - probably won't in the end)

In case of emergency (i.e. Cheese not hectic) can break glass and get
    3. HSS -> Crossland

Really surprised Crossland didn't get DPP, he would've for sure if it was R1. And that would make him a much easier option to get in.

Also looking at Robson, which would require one of these cheaper players. And Teddy and Bird. I guess McInnes too.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:34 am

Genderbender wrote:

Doing the trade and seeing that log gone out of my team feels fantastic! And then I say out loud what I’m doing and feel like a muppet…. Still going to pull the trigger I think, I started the season with him. There’s been a bit of chatter about some turd that manages to hang around your team for the season and he’s mine, I’d rather offload him now while we get the extra trade and I’ve got no immediate fires otherwise he might never leave!

He's pretty much useless. He's playing every week so can't use him as a loop, scoring so badly he's not ever an option for your 17 and you will be obliged to play him at some point, if anything he's going to lose money & minutes from here....he's managed to half his career PPM while playing in the run on side FFS!!

The only thing that doesn't feel right is that he is a starting edge playing decent minutes, but really it shouldn't be a relief when a starting edge gets out of teens. He is the exception to all of the rules.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 am

Camo123 wrote:

Currently about 30k short of 2 trade Tapine with that option

Thinking Teddy is worth the opportunity cost of an extra trade to save that 30k by playing over Warbrick this week. Wish I could see Thompson score before Teddy but HSS is about as useful as a loop as he is as a player this year

Every chance Teddy goes 70+ and goes up in price this week

Yeah I think just getting Teddy in now is the right way to go, don't want to mess around with waiting on him.

I guess the only other option is to pass on Walsh and keep Sloan and play him. But Walsh is only going up in price short term so you'd probably then have to look at a cheaper WFB as an upgrade for Sloan. Kind of considering just playing Sloan this week myself and not getting Walsh so I can go gun hooker + Cheese but it's def not the smart play when Sloan can put up an 8.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:38 am

Aardvark wrote:

He's pretty much useless. He's playing every week so can't use him as a loop, scoring so badly he's not ever an option for your 17 and you will be obliged to play him at some point, if anything he's going to lose money & minutes from here....he's managed to half his career PPM while playing in the run on side FFS!!

The only thing that doesn't feel right is that he is a starting edge playing decent minutes, but really it shouldn't be a relief when a starting edge gets out of teens. He is the exception to all of the rules.

Yup
    Hoping the couch pushes him out too.
    Back Nine Bandits
    Back Nine Bandits

Post by Back Nine Bandits Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:39 am

Aardvark wrote:

BMM stands for Bashing My Monitor

Watching his Fantasy scores during the game is like watching paint dry.

He joins the never again pile.
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:47 am

I’ve put my latest thought process in my team tracker for those who want to waste a bit of time today.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:50 am

Just on Hopgood the ideal scenario would be to swap him for someone who scores at least 50 points per game and makes a bit of cash pre round 13

Thinking out loud here, had a good look for guys that might be underpriced and

Hudson Young : Scoring looks to be back and if that is the case is underpriced. Unfortunate bye timing but still enough time (and helpful r13 schedules)
    Api Koro : Decent scoring in 80 minute games would make him underpriced but again upcoming bye and also Tigers
    Matt Burton : Erratic scoring, need to get him at the start of a tear
    Cotter : Minutes...not scoring as well as last year
    The Fog : See Burton
    Tino : Still not sufficiently underpriced
    The Frizz :  Good punt, not much value as probably hovers between $675k - $725k most of the season, loves a low minute injury
    Bird : Solid positional play for CTR, no real value as is priced where he will end up, not an urgent in if you have two playable CTRs
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:58 am

The Goat Boys wrote:

What`s your team Value?
    Sitting at 12.050m with 225k in the bank. Fairly standard I’d have thought

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:08 am; edited 3 times in total

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 pm