NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:41 pm

MF wrote:Seriously considering just playing without a centre this week and hope Young T get a chance next week or comes on to the bench as a late in.

At full strength, he doesn't make the team, hoping for an injury isn't a strategy (unless you have Trindall Razz ). Also had a really poor game this week, so may not be first to get a chance.

Looking like a CTR is a must trade in if you don't have cover.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 16 - Does anyone have a case of Fig Jam? Looking to buy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:49 pm

mattnz wrote:

At full strength, he doesn't make the team, hoping for an injury isn't a strategy (unless you have Trindall Razz ). Also had a really poor game this week, so may not be first to get a chance.

Looking like a CTR is a must trade in if you don't have cover.

Xavier Coates (SC joint)

After missing the game against Canterbury, the Queensland Origin is in line for a return this week. He has been named in the starting team with a final decision on whether he will play being made later in the week.

Justin Olam (fractured forearm)

The PNG centre is back in full training after suffering a fractured arm in the opening trial at Geelong, and has been named in the starting line-up to face the Titans, pending a check on his fitness following training Wednesday and Friday.

They don’t sound like guarantees to play
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Haha nah just want to read in bed at night without lighting the whole room up.

I don't think there's a setting on the nrlfantasyfanatics website, I asked @SI and he showed me this workaround for Chrome.
    auto dark mode for web content
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    How is that a draft related question?

Mulvy is trying to protect his reputation by stipulating he has Laurie in draft so people don't think he's actually looking to trade him in to his main team, as that would severely hurt his credibility.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Hence my reasoning why I suspect he’ll end up on the bench as cover which I will take this week while Ramien and Graham continue to lose money.

I’d really not rather go Young - HSS - Graham / Ramien. So if he doesn’t play this week I’m not too cut up and if not named next week I’ll pick one of the two keepers I want.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:53 pm

mattnz wrote:
    How many of them do you plan to still have in your team at round 13 when they max out their cash generation?

I think Tapine, Hopgood, HTF and maybe one of Miller & CNK may make it to rd13
    Hopgood & HTF may well end up in origin camp
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

When we get close to round 13, you will start to realise how important early team planning was, especially if you have lots of origin players.

The limitations of no more than 13 starters is very restrictive, you need to carefully plan every position by week to maximise the best guns through that period, with minimal trades, or fall behind.

I did bugger all of this last year.  There's no point.  Injuries, suspensions, left field origin picks.  Have an idea, yes but you need to be Nostradamus to fully plan for Origin time in round 3.

Last edited by wolfking on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:00 pm

wolfking wrote:

I did bugger all of this at all last year.  There's no point.  Injuries, suspensions, left field origin picks.  Have an idea, yes but you need to be Nostradamus to fully plan for Origin time in round 3.

I agree, too many variables.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:04 pm

Chewie wrote:

I agree, too many variables.

Didnt you do it successfully in a recent season?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:07 pm

wolfking wrote:

I did bugger all of this last year.  There's no point.  Injuries, suspensions, left field origin picks.  Have an idea, yes but you need to be Nostradamus to fully plan for Origin time in round 3.

The most important planning you can do is not spunk all your trades in the first two months, so you can take advantage of the four trades per week during bye rounds, when you know exactly what the Origin teams and the injuries are.

I've currently used four out of four.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:08 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

The most important planning you can do is not spunk all your trades in the first two months, so you can take advantage of the four trades per week during bye rounds, when you know exactly what the Origin teams and the injuries are.

Pretty much this
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:11 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Spot on. I had a few targets a week or two out that I would get and hope for the best but being able to burn the 4 trades I that week is the way to go.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:13 pm

I just spent over an hour listening to a fantasy podcast and learnt nothing that I already found out from here.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:15 pm

code delta wrote:I just spent over an hour listening to a fantasy podcast and learnt nothing that I already found out from here.

and none of the witty banter?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:18 pm

Apparently Andrew Fifita is looking to come out of retirement and join the Dolphins.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Oh I'm not saying don't think about it. Of course it's important. But there are 100% more pressing issues with guns underperforming. It's been a shakey start for many and thinking 10+ rounds down the road when you've got immediate fixes is asking for trouble.
    Surely there is more than 2 pressing issues before worrying about Rd 13!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:21 pm

mattnz wrote:Apparently Andrew Fifita is looking to come out of retirement and join the Dolphins.

I wonder if that even cracked a half-smile from Wayne
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:21 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

This.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:23 pm

mattnz wrote:

Didnt you do it successfully in a recent season?

I've always made up heaps of ground during the byes, but focussing on byes too early has often caused me to lose ground.
    Come round 8 & 9 I'll start gearing my trades towards the bye rounds.

However there is merrit in having set & forget guns like Tapine & Robson in your team who play round 13

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:23 pm

mattnz wrote:Apparently Andrew Fifita is looking to come out of retirement and join the Dolphins.

well it's dads army at the dolphins so he'll fit right in

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:41 pm